Where's the blob? C65 Auto

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Where's the blob? C65 Auto

Post by mvlow »

A screenshot from the CW account on Instagram this morning of the C65 Auto that's being released in two days. Where is the blob at the 50 mark as was shown at the Edinburgh GTG. Is CW having little fun with us :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 9.09.19 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Where's the blob? C65 Auto

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Sorry Malcolm, but I think it's a case of you not getting the full picture.

Not being sarcky, I think the picture you are looking at has been cropped, somewhere along the line.

From CW's Facebook

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm Sorry Malcolm, but I think it's a case of you not getting the full picture.

Not being sarcky, I think the picture you are looking at has been cropped, somewhere along the line.

From CW's Facebook

Guy

You're right Guy. Mine was taken from their Instagram account. I looked at it on my computer and phone and it looks the same with no blob. It is probably the way Instagram has formatted the picture. It was a fun conspiracy for the 5 minutes it lasted :D
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I’m sure it’s wishful thinking to think that dial and bezel are a deep navy blue color, but a guy can dream, can’t he?
Drew
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Just found the C65 Trident Auto marketing video on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/311658109
Best regards,
John
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Man, that looks good! I’m so tempted by the black version either in bracelet or the light tan leather they feature. But I’m trying to wait until the Trident MK3 comes out too. Expletive deleted!

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Looks good. Thanks for the link Bident. The light tan strap (oak vintage leather?) looks like a winner. This will go on 2019's CW list along with the Pepsi GMT, Mk 3 Trident and the Apex diver. Could be an expensive and expansive year so I might have to learn and exercise restraint. Either tha or gice the credit card to the better-half.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Bident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 pm Just found the C65 Trident Auto marketing video on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/311658109
Thanks for the link.

My first impression is positive. The date window on the blue dial at the beginning of the video has a white background and black numbers, whereas on all of the pictures at the end, the date window has a black background and white numbers. I think the black background with white numbers is probably correct as that is what was on the advertising material shown at the Edinburgh GTG.
Malcolm

Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

mvlow wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:19 am
Bident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 pm Just found the C65 Trident Auto marketing video on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/311658109
Thanks for the link.

My first impression is positive. The date window on the blue dial at the beginning of the video has a white background and black numbers, whereas on all of the pictures at the end, the date window has a black background and white numbers. I think the black background with white numbers is probably correct as that is what was on the advertising material shown at the Edinburgh GTG.
I didn't even notice that Malcolm...good eye! Hopefully this won't be another controversy like the Ombre having red text in the advertisements but the actual time piece having white.

I think I have the same dilemma as many in the forum: too many options between the C65 Auto, black or blue, the C65 GMT in the blue or pepsi, and the new C60 (and I would assume the new C60 would also have a GMT version). Decisions, decisions.
Best regards,
John
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 4.26.26 PM.png
And it definitely has the blobs!

It seems the blob/baton applied indices are taken from an older C60 dial face (current C60 300 quartz face).
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 4.27.33 PM.png
Best regards,
John
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

The embossed twin flags motif looks great.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Dclarkwatch
Junior
Junior

Post by Dclarkwatch »

I much prefer the baton indices, dont really understand why they brought back the blob look. I've also heard they're getting rid of the waves on the C60 dial, which is sad
Catto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Catto »

Bident wrote:Just found the C65 Trident Auto marketing video on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/311658109
Weird that they’d post it with a typo in the very first sentence of the ad...! (“...like they used too”?)
R
Robert Catto
Sydney, Australia
http://robertcatto.com
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Catto wrote:
Bident wrote:Just found the C65 Trident Auto marketing video on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/311658109
Weird that they’d post it with a typo in the very first sentence of the ad...! (“...like they used too”?)
R
Maybe because it is only a 'draft' yet to be given a proof reading before formal publication, as part of the C65 Auto photos on the CW website?

Just a thought.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Great video, apart from the typo.

Normally I prefer battons to blobs, but this once looks really good.

I hate the logo at 9, but the rest of the package looks so good I could even forgive that and make it my first lefty-logo piece.

My favorite:
C65 Diver Automatic.jpg
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph