C8 M2.04 Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

C8 M2.04 Limited Edition

Post by Thunder1 »

Is there much of a market for this one?..

C8 M2.04 Limited Edition
50-piece Limited Edition

An icon of the skies, Concorde revolutionised air travel through its ability to reach Mach 2.04 - over twice the speed of the sound. Its legacy is celebrated in the C8 M2.04 Limited Edition, a watch whose design mimics the unique cockpit instrumentation that helped enable supersonic flight. A piece of metal from Concorde G-BOAB sits in the backplate of this 50-piece limited edition, while our in-house chronometer Calibre SH21 offers world-class levels of efficiency - much like the plane that inspired it.
https://www.christopherward.com/c08-m2- ... r59vrabopa
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C8 M2.04 Limited Edition

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I believe there is more of a market for the C8 M2.04 LE than for some of CW's previous TMB Art Metal historic pieces.

The proof is in the pudding, as one says. It will be interesting to see how quickly this sells out.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

I'm sure they'll sell, lots of people love Concorde.

However, I think there's an even bigger market for a piece that looks like this, without the scrap metal, at more normal price.

It looks fantastic in the metal.

Also helps that the logo is in the conventional place. :silent:
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Does absolutely nothing for me I'm afraid and it's not just because of the Rudder Metal or inflated price.
I think the dial and hands are a mess - I get that they are inspired by Concordes instruments, but it's a 1 out of 10 from me.

I know some on here have them on order, who I'm sure will love them when they arrive - don't be offended by my post, it's just not for me.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I quite like the aesthetics, but what does it for me is it’s potential uniqueness. Only 50 pieces baking made, how likely will you be to see another one? That really appeals to me.

Unfortunately, it’s size would be prohibitive for me to actually wear it. My sweet spot is 38-40mm, I can just about pull off 41mm if it’s slim and has short lugs, but nothing bigger. So, if I were to get one it would be as a potential investment, not as a general wearing watch. I wonder how many other buyers will be thinking of future prices over daily use?

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

what-time-is-it wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:27 pm Does absolutely nothing for me I'm afraid and it's not just because of the Rudder Metal or inflated price.
I think the dial and hands are a mess - I get that they are inspired by Concordes instruments, but it's a 1 out of 10 from me.

I know some on here have them on order, who I'm sure will love them when they arrive - don't be offended by my post, it's just not for me.
+1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

neilj568 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:04 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:27 pm Does absolutely nothing for me I'm afraid and it's not just because of the Rudder Metal or inflated price.

+1
+1
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK