Bungle-ator SOTC January 2019

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Bungle-ator SOTC January 2019

Post by Bungle-ator »

A small and modest collection by most standards on here.

First up is my trusty Citizen Eco-drive Calibre 3100 with perpetual calendar. This was the only watch I wore from the Summer of 07 through to November 14, until the strap finally fell to peices. I occasionally wear it to work when I fancy a change. The date is currently gubbed due to it sitting in a drawer for a while and losing power and I've not made the effort to fix it yet. Well worn, battered, and bruised.

My general workhorse next. This watch is punished at work, in the swimming pool, at the boys bathtime and is just generally given a hard time. It's nonetheless a fantastic watch that can suit any occasion if you really want it to. IMO a classic Casio deserves respect from any watch lover.

Casio W-86

My first and currently only automatic, bought just a couple of weeks after my boy was born in 2014. I could pretend I bought it to celebrate his birth but I think I was just selfishly spending the money before my wife spent all our savings on cakes and lunch with the girls during her maternity leave. I almost bought my first CW instead of this, but I decided at the last minute that the watches of preference there were too big for me and I cancelled my appointment at 1 Park Street. Ironically, a couple of months later I replaced the original strap with a leather CW with a bader clasp. I didn't fully appreciate the fantastic movement in this watch until recently.

Hamilton Khaki Field Day Date

The watch that completes my collection for the time being needs no introduction on here. Bought for my 40th birthday.

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Bungle-ator SOTC January 2019

Post by TigerChris »

I’m biased as I have the vintage dial version of the Hamilton but you are bang on that it is a fantastic movement, especially for the money. Nice strap on the C65 SH21, it really suits it. I’m a little confused as to why you cancelled the appointment at CW due to watches being too big but then buying a 42mm anyway, but that’s how this crazy hobby can get you (it doesn’t make much sense sometimes! :D ). You pretty much have all the bases covered with what you have, but stick around here for a while longer and you’ll find every excuse under the sun to buy plenty more :D :D
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Excellent collection you have with a nice bit of variety.

I used to have an Eco drive not dissimilar to yours and have thought about getting another.

I’ve got a Hamilton Jazzmaster day date and do like the brand.

The C65 Diver is lovely too.

What’s next on your hit list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:46 am I’m biased as I have the vintage dial version of the Hamilton but you are bang on that it is a fantastic movement, especially for the money. Nice strap on the C65 SH21, it really suits it. I’m a little confused as to why you cancelled the appointment at CW due to watches being too big but then buying a 42mm anyway, but that’s how this crazy hobby can get you (it doesn’t make much sense sometimes! :D ). You pretty much have all the bases covered with what you have, but stick around here for a while longer and you’ll find every excuse under the sun to buy plenty more :D :D
I'll be honest and say I prefer the vintage Hamilton's, I can't even remember what drew me to what I bought.
I had my eye on a couple of larger pilot watches at CW and they really would've liked ridiculous on my pencil wrists. There was a Makira that I loved but the lack of minute markers on it would've drove me mad.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Thegreyman wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:55 am Excellent collection you have with a nice bit of variety.

I used to have an Eco drive not dissimilar to yours and have thought about getting another.

I’ve got a Hamilton Jazzmaster day date and do like the brand.

The C65 Diver is lovely too.

What’s next on your hit list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be avoiding buying anything in the next year or so unless the battery dies in the W-87 and then I might replace that with a fairly basic G-Shock.
Beyond that I'm tempted to start a relatively inexpensive (hopefully) collection of non brand specific 70's/80's watches.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Had a 3100 Citizen myself a few years ago. It's a great movement, without a doubt. I like the Hamilton and the CW too. Nice collection. :thumbup:
Richard
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Nice collection :thumbup:

As mentioned previously, lovely strap on the C65 :D
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nice! I like the blue faced diver thingy! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Cheers all.

I bought the C65 on blue rubber but I really wasn't getting on with it. I had an image in my head of what I wanted for it but I was struggling to find something suitable. Thankfully a member on here pointed me towards Colareb. The strap on it now can look very flamboyant depending on the light and it would maybe be the choice of a 70's pimp. I might invest in a brown one for any time I want to tone it down.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Stand out for me is your stunning C65 Bronze LE 8) :clap: