Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Vwatch
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Re: C60 Homage

Post by Vwatch »

Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm
The black dial version is nice , I’ve emailed them last week and they said they would consider making the 38mm version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nicely done, why not consider 40mm C60 homage? it will be sales like hot cake as CW don't have it now, i bet lot of CW fans will buy 40mm C60 for a try as the price is cheap.

Time is more precious than watches.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
Ryan
Vwatch
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Vwatch »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am ^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

At the moment, it'll be a case of 3D scanning the existing product and manufacturing it, unless they've somehow got the CAD files for it.
it is pretty easy to convert CAD or related file after the 3D scanner screen.
Even without cad file, they can do that with 3D file scaling to become 40mm, or scaling with percentage.
that is so call fast track R&D: Review and Duplicate
Time is more precious than watches.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Vwatch wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:15 am
Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm
The black dial version is nice , I’ve emailed them last week and they said they would consider making the 38mm version
nicely done, why not consider 40mm C60 homage? it will be sales like hot cake as CW don't have it now, i bet lot of CW fans will buy 40mm C60 for a try as the price is cheap.
I think most real CW fans will wait for the Trident mk3, expected shortly and now coming in 38/40/42mm sizes I believe.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Vwatch wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 am
StrappedUp wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am ^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

it is pretty easy to convert CAD or related file after the 3D scanner screen.
Even without cad file, they can do that with 3D file scaling to become 40mm, or scaling with percentage.
that is so call fast track R&D: Review and Duplicate
Agreed things can be scaled, but there's a little more complexity to it than just scaling an existing model up/down.

Things like crown tube, movement holder/internals, lug widths etc would all have to be modified to correct sizes. I'm not saying it's impossible, but would require effort.
I'm not sure these "manufacturers" are aiming to get into that sort of stuff. I've been wrong before though :wink:

I, for one, would love CW to produce a 40mm C60 as long as the lug-lug length is not overcooked. The current 38mm C60 doesn't work for me anymore, with the diameter/height ratio being a major factor.

Anyway, in the meantime I'm interested to hear Gary's thoughts on the homage.
Ryan
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

StrappedUp wrote:^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

Erm.

No.

Since the copyright law does not apply in China, the maker of cases for CW and also the maker of dials and hands just continued to produce them or sold blueprints to another company.

Nothing new.

Every single modern object is either made or assembled from parts made in China.

...please don't tell me you think CW cases are made in Switzerland or Britain?
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1? (real-life photo) cost USD80? or USD50?

Post by skimrok »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 pm
skimrok wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 pm
gaf1958 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am We have a discussion thread for these Heimdallr watches here, although you’ve included a lot more photos than that thread :)

viewtopic.php?t=51337
It’s the same thread :lol: :clap:
That's because the new topic / thread from this morning of 'HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1?' was merged by The Admin Team into the existing 'C60 Homage' topic, earlier today.

Guy
Guy you guys are too efficient as mods ;) looked funny when I see it for the first time merged when I was reading ;) :)
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

sinner777 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am
StrappedUp wrote:^^^ because that would mean them doing their own r&d which is where the money is at.

Erm.

No.

Since the copyright law does not apply in China, the maker of cases for CW and also the maker of dials and hands just continued to produce them or sold blueprints to another company.

Nothing new.

Every single modern object is either made or assembled from parts made in China.

Of course they are. I've always been under the impression that Mike France hand carves each case with a pocket knife then Peter Ellis applys a lick of Cape Cod to finish up.
I hope I'm not wrong :?

My comment was in relation to the suggestion that they should produce a 40mm version. This doesn't exist, unless I've been asleep all this time and missed something?? So yeh, they'd need to do some work rather than manufacture a direct copy of an existing product.

Also see my 2nd comment (highlighted) about having the CAD files for the C60 :thumbup:
Ryan
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

Oh. Missed that one. Pardon me.

It also bugged me, 38 and 42 trident. 40 would be great
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm
My comment was in relation to the suggestion that they should produce a 40mm version. This doesn't exist, unless I've been asleep all this time and missed something?? So yeh, they'd need to do some work rather than manufacture a direct copy of an existing product.
sinner777 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:41 pm Oh. Missed that one. Pardon me.

Gents, good news. As confirmed by Steve (@welshlad) who was at the Edinburgh GTG, the new Trident will come in 38/40/42mm sizes :)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Thanks Patrick, I didn't realise it was confirmed. Thought it was a rumour!

My initial comment re. 40mm was about Heimdallr making one.

I've kind of got my heart set on the 39.5mm Aquis, but a 40mm Trident may have me thinking again.
For me, it needs to be spot on to beat the latest Oris though.
Ryan
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

sinner777 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am

Erm.

No.

Nothing new.

Given that CWL changed case suppliers between the MkI and MkII Tridents, it’s entirely possible that the previous case makers are now selling the same cases to the makers of these watches.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Out of nothing more than idle curiosity I ordered one of the above mentioned watches, in all things, green.

Last night I received this email from HIEMDALLR

MESSAGE FROM HEIMDALLR WATCH

You have received a new message from Heimdallr Watch regarding order with the reference ORD-XXXX.

Did you see the shipping notice?
We are currently in the CNY Holiday phase, our shipper has stopped working and taking new shipppings.

Your order will be sent around 14.2.

Please confirm if its okay for you.

Kind regards
Lily
Sales Manager

Crack me up :-D

I think it puts having to wait a few days for CWL to ship an item in perspective!
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Lawrence wrote:Out of nothing more than idle curiosity I ordered one of the above mentioned watches, in all things, green.

Last night I received this email from HIEMDALLR

MESSAGE FROM HEIMDALLR WATCH

You have received a new message from Heimdallr Watch regarding order with the reference ORD-XXXX.

Did you see the shipping notice?
We are currently in the CNY Holiday phase, our shipper has stopped working and taking new shipppings.

Your order will be sent around 14.2.

Please confirm if its okay for you.

Kind regards
Lily
Sales Manager

Crack me up :-D

I think it puts having to wait a few days for CWL to ship an item in perspective!
I’ve order a watch from another company and I’ve had a similar response from them , i suppose after all it is chinese new year and they’re entitled holidays the same as we are .
i know its a bummer waiting for a parcel to arrive

Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Thegreyman wrote:
StrappedUp wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm
sinner777 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:41 pm Oh. Missed that one. Pardon me.

Gents, good news. As confirmed by Steve (@welshlad) who was at the Edinburgh GTG, the new Trident will come in 38/40/42mm sizes :)
I bet the price goes up too