C60 Homage

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: C60 Homage

Post by StrappedUp »

I would say Polar Explorer and Pepsi GMT, but I think the white dial is only used on the drawing to highlight the colours used. The production model will feature a black dial me thinks.
Ryan
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Back to the point though... there’s a world of design differences between the C65 and any Rolex, whereas the Chinese watch at the start of this topic is made to look exactly like a C60.

Surely?
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 am I would say Polar Explorer and Pepsi GMT, but I think the white dial is only used on the drawing to highlight the colours used. The production model will feature a black dial me thinks.
Close. I have assumed that it will be a white dial, but had not likened that as nod to a Polar Explorer II. The Explorer II bit being the non Mercedes straight hands, seen on the first reference black dial Explorer II.

The white dial and Pepsi bezel being a nod to the very very iconic, almost as rare as a unicorn, small batch of the so called Pan Am GMT Master, that had a white dial.

However perhaps I am overthinking it! :lol:

Either way nothing like the resemblance that the watch initially referred to in the OP is to the Trident.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
downer

Post by downer »

^^ Yes, the unicorn Rolex Pan Am.. There seems to be a few pictures of it around and you would need VERY deep pockets to buy one:

However, if anyone wants an homage/copy to that one, I'd suggest contacting Gunther rather than Chris. :D
Richard
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

downer wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:12 am There were a bunch of other blue/red watches in the 1960's and '70's...

Elgin
Heuer
Tissot
Seiko
Bulova

And doubtless many more.

Is every blue/red watch an homage to Rolex? I don't think so. The accusation is that CW are 'still' copying other designs with the forthcoming Pepsi C65. We have not seen much of it yet, but other than the colour of the bezel, I'm not sure which Rolex this is a copy/homage of?

sorry for going off topic but anyone know roughly when this will be due? Could be very interesting with a white face with that nice case design
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

stefs wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:40 am
downer wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:12 am There were a bunch of other blue/red watches in the 1960's and '70's...

Elgin
Heuer
Tissot
Seiko
Bulova

And doubtless many more.

Is every blue/red watch an homage to Rolex? I don't think so. The accusation is that CW are 'still' copying other designs with the forthcoming Pepsi C65. We have not seen much of it yet, but other than the colour of the bezel, I'm not sure which Rolex this is a copy/homage of?

sorry for going off topic but anyone know roughly when this will be due? Could be very interesting with a white face with that nice case design
FDD2FDD9-C31E-4D8A-A481-B00A4A001CEC.jpeg
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Mani
CW-watches: 6

Post by Mani »

Since Tudor do a Pepsi (although with a dark blue), is that a homage to Rolex? That means they are doing a homage to a watch built by their own parent company...

I have two Tridents, the new Pepsi might tempt me to a third. And then we can potentially find a Chinese homage of a homage. Or something like that.
5 CWs, 1 Panerai, 2 Omega, 1 Rolex, 1 Tag, 1 Ball, 1 Zenith, 1 Tudor, 1 GS
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

I owned 6105 Seiko diver homage from same company.

Well built, but since it was homage to a discontinued vintage watch I had no problems with owning it.

However, this is ridiculous.

Also they make MM300, Tuna and SKX 007 homage (later actually being identical to modded SKX with 4r36, sapphire and SEL bracelet ) and also a Hamilton Frogman homage.
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

sinner777 wrote:I owned 6105 Seiko diver homage from same company.

Well built, but since it was homage to a discontinued vintage watch I had no problems with owning it.

However, this is ridiculous.

Also they make MM300, Tuna and SKX 007 homage (later actually being identical to modded SKX with 4r36, sapphire and SEL bracelet ) and also a Hamilton Frogman homage.
At least a seiko skx is not a homage to anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

Any item that takes design cues from another, can be considered an homage, but the links between them can vary widely from a very tenuous similarity to blatant copying. They could all be considered homages though.

For me, it's a decision made regarding quality, affordability and prestige and owning the real deal would trump any homage of the original, but of course, financial priorities might dictate otherwise.

I personally find CW watches to be excellent value given their quality and would rather pay the extra for this. Those C60 "copies" look good in the photos, but I'll wait for the reports back as to how they stack up under close scrutiny. The CW watches that I have, have been bought not only for the style of the watch, but also because they are CW.
Vwatch
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1? (real-life photo) cost USD80? or USD50?

Post by Vwatch »

well, not too bad...USD159, especially orange marker black version.
assume USD159 with 100% markup, the cost is USD80 in china, maybe less than that, i think USD50 for volume build 300-500pcs.

Time is more precious than watches.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1? (real-life photo) cost USD80? or USD50?

Post by gaf1958 »

We have a discussion thread for these Heimdallr watches here, although you’ve included a lot more photos than that thread :)

viewtopic.php?t=51337

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1? (real-life photo) cost USD80? or USD50?

Post by skimrok »

gaf1958 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am We have a discussion thread for these Heimdallr watches here, although you’ve included a lot more photos than that thread :)

viewtopic.php?t=51337
It’s the same thread :lol: :clap:
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1? (real-life photo) cost USD80? or USD50?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

skimrok wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 pm
gaf1958 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am We have a discussion thread for these Heimdallr watches here, although you’ve included a lot more photos than that thread :)

viewtopic.php?t=51337
It’s the same thread :lol: :clap:
That's because the new topic / thread from this morning of 'HEIMDALLR TRIDENT C60 MK1?' was merged by The Admin Team into the existing 'C60 Homage' topic, earlier today.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Vwatch wrote:well, not too bad...USD159, especially orange marker black version.
assume USD159 with 100% markup, the cost is USD80 in china, maybe less than that, i think USD50 for volume build 300-500pcs.

The black dial version is nice , I’ve emailed them last week and they said they would consider making the 38mm version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk