January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by nordwulf »

It's kind of like that Luciano Pavarotti & Celine Dion - I Hate You Then I Love You song..

It really is a good looking watch, especially the all black case. I like how they went with unique designs instead of just another flieger watch or pilot watch. I was sure I was only going to keep either the UTC Worldtimer or this Flyer but now I am not so sure anymore..! It's worth the full price and a steal at 50% off.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

jtc wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 pm I ordered one of the cheap C7 Rapide autos. Decided it's not a keeper, still waiting for my returns bag to be sent out, a week on from ordering...
Jon,

I would get in touch with them. I requested a returns pack last week. I received it on Thursday, packed it up and sent back same day. Receipt confirmed Friday. Credit card refunded this morning.

Brian
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 am
jtc wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 pm I ordered one of the cheap C7 Rapide autos. Decided it's not a keeper, still waiting for my returns bag to be sent out, a week on from ordering...
Jon,

I would get in touch with them. I requested a returns pack last week. I received it on Thursday, packed it up and sent back same day. Receipt confirmed Friday. Credit card refunded this morning.

Brian
Yes, have sent them an email today, 7 days on from the order of the returns bag. I'll add this experience to the negative list from over the years!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
joeegg17
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by joeegg17 »

Same here, still waiting for returns envelope after one week .
Who would of thought it was that long winded returning a faulty watch .
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

joeegg17 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:14 pm
I dropped CW an email and got the below response, so hopefully not much longer to wait.
The returns pack should be despatched later today for you. We will email you again once it has left.

Apologies for the slight delay in despatch , as we are currently experiencing a peak due to sale despatch is taking a little longer than usual.

If you need any further assistance please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Mrs.Vallen Hardy

Customer Service Advisor
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
sapsja
Senior
Senior

Post by sapsja »

A few new ones added to the sale. C1 Small Second at 50%, C1 Morgan's in nearly new plus some of the usual suspects.
2015 FLE, C60 GMT MkII, C65 Super Compressor
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Got a return envelope today, a week after the dispatch notice.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

biggus_richus wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:07 pm
Got a return envelope today, a week after the dispatch notice.
Mines arrived and the watch is on its way back , hope they don't take as long refunding the money .
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

O.K , this is really starting to get on my nerves now .
I recieved this email 4 hours ago .

Dear Customer,

Hope you’re well and thank you for returning your item to our team.

I can confirm that we have received your parcel and one of our team will be in touch within 2-3 working days for further instructions.

Kind regards,

Robert Austin

I replied within minutes asking why I had recieved such an email when I had clearly asked for a refund .
I don't want to speak to someone in 2-3 days on how to proceed . I want a refund .
I have not had any reply from anyone from CW as yet , totally gob smacked !
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

joeegg17 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:01 pm O.K , this is really starting to get on my nerves now .

Dear Customer,

I can confirm that we have received your parcel and one of our team will be in touch within 2-3 working days for further instructions.

Kind regards,

Robert Austin

I replied within minutes asking why I had recieved such an email when I had clearly asked for a refund .
I don't want to speak to someone in 2-3 days on how to proceed . I want a refund .
Same for my refund. This is a standard reply. You will not be contacted again asking how to proceed. Next thing is your refund. I got mine within 2 days. No need for panic yet :D
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:11 pm
joeegg17 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:01 pm O.K , this is really starting to get on my nerves now .

Dear Customer,

Kind regards,

Robert Austin

Same for my refund. This is a standard reply. You will not be contacted again asking how to proceed. Next thing is your refund. I got mine within 2 days. No need for panic yet :D
Ahh O.K , that's a relief .
A very badly worded email or is that just me ?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

joeegg17 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Dear Customer,

Kind regards,

Robert Austin

I got exactly the same poorly worded email from the same person. Whether it's his standard response or a CW standard reply it sucks for a CS reply. I replied to him stating that I didn't understand his reply and surely the next step was for me to receive a full refund without any further contact.

As I still hadn't received any reply from Mr. Robert Austin some days later I mentioned this in an email to a different CS contact I was dealing with on another matter and they have now processed the refund, stating that they have to reply to emails in 24hr-48hrs so maybe Mr. Austin's response was in my spam mail - No it wasn't. Would seem Mr. Austin failed to meet their internal SLA and every other requirement of good CS relations.

Unfortunately it seems that during busy peak periods the order pick, delivery and returns process at CW still has room for improvement.
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:25 pm
joeegg17 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 pm

I got exactly the same poorly worded email from the same person. Whether it's his standard response or a CW standard reply it sucks for a CS reply. I replied to him stating that I didn't understand his reply and surely the next step was for me to receive a full refund without any further contact.

As I still hadn't received any reply from Mr. Robert Austin some days later I mentioned this in an email to a different CS contact I was dealing with on another matter and they have now processed the refund, stating that they have to reply to emails in 24hr-48hrs so maybe Mr. Austin's response was in my spam mail - No it wasn't. Would seem Mr. Austin failed to meet their internal SLA and every other requirement of good CS relations.

Unfortunately it seems that during busy peak periods the order pick, delivery and returns process at CW still has room for improvement.

Well it's a good job that I love CW watches , if I was new to the brand this kind of thing would poison me against buying again .
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

January Sale 2019

Post by Robotaz »

I bought one of the C1 small seconds. I had never really paid much attention, but for the first time that I recall, I find a printed dial to be really nice. Applied markers would clutter it up and take away from the Bauhaus feel.

I’m excited!

@robotazky
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

C1 Small Seconds @ £670 is a bit of a bargain I'd say
Ryan