What do Chr Ward fans think of the C40 Speedhawk?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: What do Chr Ward fans think of the C40 Speedhawk?

Post by Clach77 »

I have two and I love mine. One IPK and one steel. Two very different looking watches IMO. Photos (again!) below.

Trying not to buy any more watches...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-three: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

My resale records show for a C40 Speedhawk ....

SS version (87 units)

Average - $672.00
High - $1300
Low - $384

IPK Version (17 units)

Average - $671
High - $816
Low - $570

Add approx. 8 % for a bracelet version of either one.

The prices assume excellent working, but used condition, and would include box and manual, but not necessarily an original invoice or letter from CW. Prices should be adjusted accordingly for condition, extras, need of service, demand and market conditions.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

I no longer own it, but I had a PVD on leather. I loved everything about it except for the fake dive bezel.
louisrutter
Junior
Junior

Post by louisrutter »

statto wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:16 pm I was a relative late comer to the C40 club, only getting mine last October - a terrific deal from a fellow enthusiast. I really like the watch - the overall design, size & weight - one of CW's finest in my opinion, and something they gave up on rather too quickly. If you can get one at a sensible price I doubt you will be disappointed.
I agree with this comment. I picked mine if last year at some time. It was an eBay purchase and reasonably priced. I love the watch, but it only gets an occasionally run on the wrist for some reason...
Proodscot

Post by Proodscot »

Kip wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:36 pm My resale records show for a C40 Speedhawk ....

SS version (87 units)

Average - $672.00
High - $1300
Low - $384

IPK Version (17 units)

Average - $671
High - $816
Low - $570

The prices assume excellent working, but used condition, and would include box and manual, but not necessarily an original invoice or letter from CW. Prices should be adjusted accordingly for condition, extras, need of service, demand and market conditions.
Kip - where are these resale records? My research was done on the sales forum here - mainly reports of (confirmed) eBay sales. Unold items can skew the numbers considerably. Looks like my research differs considerably from yours.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

Love mine. Unique design imo. Be patient like me and you will get a good deal on eBay. Nice big chunky watch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Proodscot wrote:
Kip wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:36 pm My resale records show for a C40 Speedhawk ....

SS version (87 units)

Average - $672.00
High - $1300
Low - $384

IPK Version (17 units)

Average - $671
High - $816
Low - $570

Kip - where are these resale records? My research was done on the sales forum here - mainly reports of (confirmed) eBay sales. Unold items can skew the numbers considerably. Looks like my research differs considerably from yours.
Kip monitors and records CW sales privately and is a wealth of information!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Proodscot

Post by Proodscot »

smegwina wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:39 pm
Proodscot wrote:

SS version (87 units)

Average - $672.00
High - $1300
Low - $384

IPK Version (17 units)

Average - $671
High - $816
Low - $570

Kip monitors and records CW sales privately and is a wealth of information!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Since most sales are in sterling, it’s unlikely these USD quoted prices would be reliable. If the prices quoted by Kip in USD are converted using today’s fx rate they would be understated given how much the dollar/sterling rate has moved since the Brexit vote. If the individual sales were converted using an fx rate applicable at the time of sale, the average would be overstated.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

What do Chr Ward fans think of the C40 Speedhawk?

Post by Robotaz »

Does anyone else wish the bezel was countdown instead of up? With 50m WR the manual says no more than a shower, and it already has a chronograph counter. I wish it was a countdown like my Alpnach, making it a better field watch. I loved my PVD though. The red accents were awesome and the dial was just mesmerizing.

@robotazky
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Proodscot wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:13 pm
As Smegwina stated, I track CW resales from many sources including many forums, resellers and EBay world wide. I have tracked almost 11,0000 sales over the past 14 years. The records are not currently published but I am working on it.

Since most sales are in sterling, it’s unlikely these USD quoted prices would be reliable. If the prices quoted by Kip in USD are converted using today’s fx rate they would be understated given how much the dollar/sterling rate has moved since the Brexit vote. If the individual sales were converted using an fx rate applicable at the time of sale, the average would be overstated.
Dollars are entered/converted at the exchange rates on the day of sale. Long term I feel that things tend to average out.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Proodscot

Post by Proodscot »

Kip, would you mind sharing your data for the IPK please?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

I already did.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Proodscot

Post by Proodscot »

Kip wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:51 pmI already did.
I mean your source data. The details of the 17 individual sales. I’d like to add them to my own so I can come up with a fair second hand price for a C40 IPK. It would be much appreciated.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

The information I have posted is for units sold (17) since the June 2010 introduction of the IPK model. Units, not sources.

I monitor about a dozen sources, as I have already mentioned, and trust my numbers. The figures you have mentioned fall within the boundaries of my numbers. My numbers are meant to be a guide. Individual sales are affected by many factors and prices will go up and down like the stock market. Note the red line on the chart below as it shows the long term trend.
C40 chart.jpg
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Proodscot

Post by Proodscot »

Thanks for that Kip but I was actually hoping for details of the 17 IPK unit sales that are contributing to these measures. You see, I have offered a colleague a certain amount for his Speedhawk based on sales inf I can find in the sales corner here. If I should be offering more in order to become CW owner, I’d really like to enhance my own analysis with your additional base data.