January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by Czechia »

Just had my dispatch note in my email from NN purchase on Wednesday - after speaking with Rob on the phone. Must say he was a pleasure to deal with, after my made my enquiry earlier he looked into and called me back to confirm all was OK.

It appears paying by PayPal can cause a few gremlins in the system in terms of the order being send to dispatch team? Anyone else face similar problems before?

Anyhow, the C5 Malvern Mk III Automatic on steel blue and C3 2017 FLE is on it's way to me :)) Hurrah. Both watches for a combined 567.50 GBP - woof! :thumbup:

Will post pictures once arrived.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Czechia wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:29 pm Just had my dispatch note in my email from NN purchase on Wednesday - after speaking with Rob on the phone. Must say he was a pleasure to deal with, after my made my enquiry earlier he looked into and called me back to confirm all was OK.

It appears paying by PayPal can cause a few gremlins in the system in terms of the order being send to dispatch team? Anyone else face similar problems before?

Anyhow, the C5 Malvern Mk III Automatic on steel blue and C3 2017 FLE is on it's way to me :)) Hurrah. Both watches for a combined 567.50 GBP - woof! :thumbup:

Will post pictures once arrived.
Congrats on your next arrival CW watch.
So far I don’t have any issues paying using paypal.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

My order for NN C60 Bronze will arrive on Tuesday next week via DHL Express. During checkout I opted for free worldwide standard shipping. Is this new shipping method by CW?
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Eat My Goal
Junior
Junior

Post by Eat My Goal »

What nasty man put this is the NN section to torture me with?
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Sorry to hear about the problems with the C8 Worldtimer. Mine is serial number 579 and has been running without any issues.

The C65 Vintage however.. I sent an email to CW on Wednesday and received a response today. It'll be going back Monday and hopefully it won't take 3 months like the crown stem repair of my C60. But this was a NN at 50% so still a great deal even when repaired, especially because it looks like new.

I wonder if some of these problems happen during shipping. Their watch boxes and shipping materials have no shock or vibration protection at all and drivers, distribution/sorting centers, package handlers, airplanes and trucks can be a hostile environment for a delicate automatic movement.

Currently have a C8 Flyer on the way so it's not like I have a shortage of new CW watches to play with. Shipped out on Wednesday, arrived at the nearest DHL hub today and hoping for delivery tomorrow. But probably Monday.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

nauf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:20 pm My order for NN C60 Bronze will arrive on Tuesday next week via DHL Express. During checkout I opted for free worldwide standard shipping. Is this new shipping method by CW?
Yes, they use DHL for all shipments now. But DHL has different shipping services so standard shipping from CW is probably not Express.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

nordwulf wrote:
Currently have a C8 Flyer on the way so it's not like I have a shortage of new CW watches to play with. Shipped out on Wednesday, arrived at the nearest DHL hub today and hoping for delivery tomorrow. But probably Monday.
I love my DLC C8 Flyer auto. I hope you love yours, too!
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 pm
nordwulf wrote:
Your pictures are to blame for this unnecessary 3rd purchase in this sale.. :lol:
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

nordwulf wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 pm
nordwulf wrote:
Your pictures are to blame for this unnecessary 3rd purchase in this sale.. :lol:
Ha! Normally I’d apologize, but I really believe you’ll love it.
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

nordwulf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:15 pm
nauf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:20 pm My order for NN C60 Bronze will arrive on Tuesday next week via DHL Express. During checkout I opted for free worldwide standard shipping. Is this new shipping method by CW?
Yes, they use DHL for all shipments now. But DHL has different shipping services so standard shipping from CW is probably not Express.
I can confirm that mine is shipped via DHL Express. It’s just been picked up by DHL yesterday. Normally it takes about two weeks to arrive on standard shipping.
My small CW collection:
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Bummer ordered a steel UTC and received the DLC version.
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

srs1286 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 am Bummer ordered a steel UTC and received the DLC version.
Unbelievable, what on earth is going on at the moment at CW ? This is BASIC stuff and just should never happen .
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

joeegg17 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:46 am
srs1286 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 am Bummer ordered a steel UTC and received the DLC version.
Unbelievable, what on earth is going on at the moment at CW ? This is BASIC stuff and just should never happen .
Yep basic errors still happening - I ordered a New Logo NN Trident bracelet and received an Old Logo NN even though the invoice has the NL in the bracelet stock number and the old logo is obvious on the actual bracelet. More haste, less speed I think.

Now of course there's no NL bracelets remaining in the Clearance so I'm awaiting the outcome.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Can anybody educate me about the difference between the "3mm divers extension" micro adjustment stated on the Old Logo 20mm Trident bracelet and the micro adjustment stated on the New Logo Trident bracelets?
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

The old style has multiple holes for fine adjustment using a tool and springbar.
The 3mm diver extension folds out giving a little more size to go over a wetsuit or similar.

The new is obviously the ratcheting adjustment.
Ryan