Lume Quality Issue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
yorker

Lume Quality Issue

Post by yorker »

Initial post will be updated / rewritten by @yorker, having been deleted in error.

Guy (Admin Team).
Attachments
c601_re.jpg
c601_re2.jpg
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Lume Quality Issue

Post by downer »

Welcome to the forum. It's quite difficult to tell much from the attached pictures.

Are we looking at a shadow of the seconds hand on the minute hand, or is that area of darker lume the problem?

Any chance of some more conclusive pictures?
Richard
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I think your pictures need to be far sharper, which will make it easier for others to see the problem including CW.

I've received Trident hands with inconsistent application of lume and I've sent them back - both were on similar black bezel/dial with white batons and hands. The poor application was more obvious to me in daylight as I don't think the lume is up to much anyway in it's present form.

If it's not right send it back and if they don't want to fix, ask for a refund.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

What a useless picture. We'll have to take your word for it!
Did you buy it new from CW and how long have you had it? Can you send it back under 60/60 (needs to be in unworn condition)
There's always time for one more.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I’m struggling to see what the issue is here, or are we just going through ‘silly season’ again with people joining the forum just to have a moan and then disappearing? Seems to always happen at sale time!
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

I too cannot see what the issue is. The photo is not very revealing with the second hand obscuring the "problem area"?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I’m confused (doesn’t take a lot I know! :D ) but where has the original post gone?
downer

Post by downer »

TigerChris wrote:I’m confused (doesn’t take a lot I know! :D ) but where has the original post gone?
The post must have been edited by the OP which then sends it through the approval loop again. Anyway, I just approved it again - although I’m on my phone and can’t easily see what has changed.
Richard
downer

Post by downer »

Edit. I can see now that the text has all gone but the pictures remain...
Richard
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

downer wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:56 pm Edit. I can see now that the text has all gone but the pictures remain...
Weird hey :-k
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Maybe he’s been bowled over by the responses?
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
yorker

Post by yorker »

I mistakenly removed the original content while I was trying to update on my phone. Although I have viewed this forum since 2016, but this is my first posting here (I even made my account today). I will take some more pictures after leaving my office.
downer

Post by downer »

yorker wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:40 pm I mistakenly removed the original content while I was trying to update on my phone. Although I have viewed this forum since 2016, but this is my first posting here (I even made my account today). I will take some more pictures after leaving my office.
Not to worry, it's easily done.
Richard
davroth

Post by davroth »

1st time poster. The lume on my 38mm burgundy bezel C60 is similar to the OP's. At first I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but I've learned to live with it. I probably should have sent it back though.

Mine also happened to come on the wrong bracelet (all brushed vs polished center links) so it was a little frustrating compared to other purchases in the past from other companies.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

davroth wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:30 pm 1st time poster. The lume on my 38mm burgundy bezel C60 is similar to the OP's. At first I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but I've learned to live with it. I probably should have sent it back though.

Mine also happened to come on the wrong bracelet (all brushed vs polished center links) so it was a little frustrating compared to other purchases in the past from other companies.
And what is the issue with the lume? The OP has never been here since and hasn’t posted any clearer pics, as promised. Those pics seem to show nothing wrong. So, if you can see an issue on those pics please enlighten me, or put up some clearer pics yourself if you can please so we can all see what the problem is.