January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by jtc »

I'd order and then send the first back! You'd have a choice of which watch to return ;)
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

I have emailed Scott for clarification.
jtc wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 am I'd order and then send the first back! You'd have a choice of which watch to return ;)
My wife would kill me. :lol:
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
carlt69
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by carlt69 »

jtc wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 am I'd order and then send the first back! You'd have a choice of which watch to return ;)
I bought 2 thinking I’d send one back, well that didn’t happen :lol:
Tudor BB Blue
Tudor Pelagos :D
BALL Fireman Storm Chaser Pro
CWL C60 Trident Pro
Vostok Europe Almaz Bronze
Casio G-Shock x 2
Tissot T-Touch Expert Titanium
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

carlt69 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:53 pm
I bought 2 thinking I’d send one back, well that didn’t happen :lol:
:lol:

Well, Scott replied me in email. He can’t advice me pending Chris’s reply on this issue. So to be on the safe side, I ordered another one at £463.75. Hopefully I’d send back the first as soon as it arrives.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

sapsja wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:53 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 pm Anybody experiencing problems adding a Returns Package to their basket on CW site?

Although returns address is the same to that which the watch was delivered (shown in My Account), I am getting this error message:-

“Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make necessary changes in your shipping address.”

I have emailed CW but no response as yet.
Yes, same issue for me too. Had to resort to emailing CS.
I tried to order a Returns package yesterday and it's still the same problem. As you 2 did I sent an email to CS but it was late in the afternoon so I'm not expecting a reply until Monday at the earliest.

Have you received a reply and a Returns Package yet?
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

I received a reply stating they were aware of problem and are working on it. My returns package arrived this morning
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

C29B9704-7B22-4800-AF22-D172572F9EFC.jpeg
I ordered myself a C60Trident Vintage and it arrived a couple of days ago.
Hats off to CW and their team for a first class service; expletives, raspberries and a plethora of hand gestures in the general direction of DPD who messed the delivery up at each and every step of the way! In fact, I had to drive to the depot and even help them search their facility for it...
No matter, it’s with me now. It came on the brushed bracelet which I was pleasantly surprised by. I have the brushed/polished one in my C60 300 so having the second option gives me a bit more choice.
Saying that though, having resized the bracelet, I popped it straight onto this custom leather/canvas one for the weekend
Have a good one all,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I received the C8 Worldtimer and C65 Vintage today so fortunately didn't have to wait until Monday. Both came in the old style boxes which I prefer much more than the new boxes.

Unfortunately the C65 doesn't work. It doesn't wind (manually or by the rotor) and the seconds hand spins really fast when you adjust the time. It's a nice watch but not looking forward to sending it back and having to wait 2-3 months for repair. Disappointed.. :(

Could this have happened during transit? The very thin bubble wrap they use doesn't provide all that much shock absorption. Even their new boxes don't have any shock absorption material at all. I can't imagine they would ship out a Nearly New watch without a quick inspection to make sure it works, winds, adjusts and so on. It actually looks like a new watch.
Rebnats
Senior
Senior

Post by Rebnats »

Sorry to hear this. Although I like CW watches their quality control is sometimes lacking. Not acceptable on any watch nearly new or otherwise. Similar situation for me with my C8 UTC, send back, wait god knows how long for repair or obtain refund.
I have opted for the latter.
C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600
C65 Trident GMT.

Tag Heuer McLaren .
Tissot Classic T Touch.
Seiko Starfish.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Not bought in sales it but my 2 month old C1 GMPR is no longer winding via the rotor. Best part of £1400 paid.
Bit gutted.
Must admit I read quite alot of posts where there are problems and watches are returned, especially if it takes months to get back. :(
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

Essex Paul wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:33 pm Not bought in sales it but my 2 month old C1 GMPR is no longer winding via the rotor. Best part of £1400 paid.
Bit gutted.
Must admit I read quite alot of posts where there are problems and watches are returned, especially if it takes months to get back. :(
Sorry to hear that Paul. Your watch is one of the best in CW collection. I’d email CW and request for backup if it took months to get fixed.
My small CW collection:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Sale has finished. Phew.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

nauf wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 am
Essex Paul wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:33 pm Not bought in sales it but my 2 month old C1 GMPR is no longer winding via the rotor. Best part of £1400 paid.
Bit gutted.
Sorry to hear that Paul. Your watch is one of the best in CW collection. I’d email CW and request for backup if it took months to get fixed.

Cheers. Will do. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Hairy

Post by Hairy »

How often do these sales pop up? Every year after Christmas?
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Didn't buy anything, was tempted by a C8 Flyer but resisted. Not too bothered overall, hope everyone got what they wanted.
Johnny