January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by Robotaz »

Just came in. Really, really nice watch. I’ve been buying CW since my first PVD C40 Speedhawk and they’re getting better and better. Really proud of those guys and their team.

nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 am My 2 shipments were picked up on Monday and are still hanging around Heathrow. Geez, I can walk the 15 miles from Maidenhead to Heathrow in about 4 hours so DHL is taking their time again doing it in 2 days. At least they are consistent in poor performance.

Their website shows delivery from Maidenhead to the USA should take 1-2 business days. I'll be lucky to get it in 4 days. Wish they would use a real express company like UPS or Fedex for shipments to the USA, as mentioned before. But I assume DHL is probably the cheapest.

I hope they have a delivery guarantee so CW can claim some money back. I am not complaining as I didn't pay for express shipping but still disappointing.
I may have been bitching about nothing.. :oops:

I noticed DHL has two services for international shipments: Express and Parcel
https://www.logistics.dhl/gb-en/home/al ... pping.html

Express takes 1-3 working days outside of Europe and Parcel is 2-6 working days. With the switch to DHL for all their international shipping, they probably use Parcel for regular orders and Express for expedited orders. Their website now also shows express orders to the US are $50 extra and this was $30 before.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Haven’t seen many of these in the wild so here you go.
Attachments
AF2D4109-900A-42D5-A29D-4CF6CA3AA220.jpeg
59A1A7E0-6BC0-4F6C-99D9-1878D1E8A96B.jpeg
FD24589C-CC71-4F81-BF63-7C107E50B069.jpeg
Manic

Post by Manic »

srs1286 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 am Haven’t seen many of these in the wild so here you go.
That would be the same as the one I just bought in the Jan Sale - it’s my first CW and I’m delighted with it. Seems a bit special and certainly unusual. Surprised how many work colleagues noticed and asked about it. Hope you enjoy yours too.
parsa
Junior
Junior

Post by parsa »

parsa wrote:At least I have good experience on order processing. Ordered yesterday evening, despatched today at noon, should be delivered end of day tomorrow. For comparison, on January 2018 sale it took 6 days to despatch and shipping took another week.
Well, of course the courier has still time to drop the ball, or try to deliver just when I'm out etc. But usually the express delivery has.. delivered (sorry the pun). I'm very pleased for CW providing express shipping for free now.
The delivery was made yesterday, as promised. Very nice.

I like the watch very much overall. Dial, bracelet.. it's got height and weight, but once bracelet is adjusted it will surely sit more tight and stable, loosing the feeling of top-heavy. I had a few doubts before ordering, but now the only thing is the black ring around the case. I wonder if it's a very timeless design, or will it look odd/old trend after few years? For example I don't like the Tag Formulas that have a plasticy looking side plates. On the other hand the black ring helps the watch not looking so tall. Sorry about non-studio pics.ImageImage
-Mikko

Current collection: C7 Chrono Auto, Omega AT 8500, Oris Aquis Date, Oris 65 Movember, Certina DS Podium Chrono
Prev CW's: C11 MSL MK1, C11 Vintage PVD, C20 Lido, C60 Trident GMT 600 x2, C1000 Typhoon RAF
Wishlist: C60 Trident Chrono, C8 PR
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Think the 7750 was the bargain of the sale. Well done all who jumped in!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

parsa wrote:Image
That looks fabulous!
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

parsa wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 am
parsa wrote:At least I have good experience on order processing. Ordered yesterday evening, despatched today at noon, should be delivered end of day tomorrow. For comparison, on January 2018 sale it took 6 days to despatch and shipping took another week.
Well, of course the courier has still time to drop the ball, or try to deliver just when I'm out etc. But usually the express delivery has.. delivered (sorry the pun). I'm very pleased for CW providing express shipping for free now.
The delivery was made yesterday, as promised. Very nice.

I like the watch very much overall. Dial, bracelet.. it's got height and weight, but once bracelet is adjusted it will surely sit more tight and stable, loosing the feeling of top-heavy. I had a few doubts before ordering, but now the only thing is the black ring around the case. I wonder if it's a very timeless design, or will it look odd/old trend after few years? For example I don't like the Tag Formulas that have a plasticy looking side plates. On the other hand the black ring helps the watch not looking so tall. Sorry about non-studio pics.ImageImage
Welcome to the club! Looking good there bro! :thumbup:
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

Woohoo my new incoming changed the strap to rubber boom!!!

I purchased this half heartedly and wasn’t too fussed if it was a keeper but boy was a wrong! it suites my style a lot and more I look at the dial more it sings back to me “Yay Skimrok” I’m here for you

I think for the price was my bargain of 2019 so a good start of the year

Only downside was no manual but I got a lovely note saying soon as they come back in stock they will forward it on , 10 out 10 for CWL :clap: and yes it’s certainly acceptable :lol:
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations mate ^^^
The C8 Flyer MK2 is a real cracker.
Paolo77
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Paolo77 »

Wow.. I bought this C7 on Tuesday more out of curiosity than anything as never owned any of the range before & i'm amazed how good it looks in the flesh! I now have a decision to make.. Somewhat surprised they haven't all been snapped up at 50% off?

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Paolo77 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 pm Wow.. I bought this C7 on Tuesday more out of curiosity than anything as never owned any of the range before & i'm amazed how good it looks in the flesh! I now have a decision to make.. Somewhat surprised they haven't all been snapped up at 50% off?

Looking mighty fine there :thumbup: Those cases are fantastic in the metal aren't they
Paolo77
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Paolo77 »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm
Looking mighty fine there :thumbup: Those cases are fantastic in the metal aren't they
They really are.. seem's a lot of watch for £375, I genuinely bought this version just because I hadn't bought a watch in the sale so far.. now I can't stop looking at it!
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

There are some new additions in the Nearly New section.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

and in the half price section. I think I'd best take the dogs out for a walk before temptation gets too much with the UTC Worldtimer back on there!