January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by TigerChris »

Just a quick word of advice for anyone adjusting the bracelet on one of these if you already have a 43mm Trident. Due to the shorter lug to lug, check which links you want to take out first. I just went ahead and took out the same as I do for the Trident bracelet, without thinking, and it feels a little tight even for me (I like my bracelets snug to my wrist). A half link to put back in would be fantastic, but as they don't have one I might have to put a full link back in, but I'll see how it feels over the next couple of days.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:09 pm First pic of the C7 Auto Chrono which arrived about an hour ago. First impressions are very good, having seen the case and the hollowed out lugs I’m now 100% convinced that CW need to shout about this case more and utilise it with other styles - its fantastic. I’ll do some pics to show it later when I’ve sized the bracelet.

Chris and Guy, great looking C7's, I'm sure we may see more of these on the forum. Good to see a lot of the sale watches finding a home amongst the forum rather than ending up straight on ebay :thumbup:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Superb Chris & Guy, well done on that capture. :clap:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
gregbaum07

Post by gregbaum07 »

I’m getting a little nervous. I ordered my first CW watch over 48 hours ago on the January sales site. I still don’t have a shipping confirmation email.

Is that unusual or am I just too anxious?
Thanks
Greg
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 pm Just a quick word of advice for anyone adjusting the bracelet on one of these if you already have a 43mm Trident. Due to the shorter lug to lug, check which links you want to take out first. I just went ahead and took out the same as I do for the Trident bracelet, without thinking, and it feels a little tight even for me (I like my bracelets snug to my wrist). A half link to put back in would be fantastic, but as they don't have one I might have to put a full link back in, but I'll see how it feels over the next couple of days.
Good point Chris.

I'll bear it in mind tomorrow.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

Happy to see a decent amount of love for the C7 Rapides here, despite them being generally unpopular (explains why they’re appearing in the sales in large numbers). I really like them, and picked up a black Auto NN at 30% off recently, otherwise I may have gone for the Chronograph or the half-price Autos.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

Very disappointed that my box has arrived damaged with the perforation already opened and stuck back down with one of the two straps I ordered missing
Neil
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I ordered a C60 Trident Pro 600 Vintage a few days ago; there were several on sale between the various offers and finally settled on the NN version on a black strap. It's yet to ship.....

My NN C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #1 has hit the west coast of North America and naturally DHL has assessed as much duty and taxes as possible (the postal system would have not charged any duty). I paid promptly and hopefully it may show up tomorrow.

That's 3 Trident's in a row.... to paraphrase Isabella Stewart Gardner "I suppose the watch habit which I seem to have is as bad as the art, fountain pen or whisky one....... :D
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
SSLAnglois
Senior
Senior

Post by SSLAnglois »

I ordered my NN Trident Vintage on Friday and still not shipped was told I should get the email yesterday or today, no dice for now.

I feel like North American orders are delayed vs UK orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I think they do the North American orders at different times versus UK orders. Could be to do with DHL and customs forms etc??
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
slimpickens
CW-watches: 1

Post by slimpickens »

SSLAnglois wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:00 am I ordered my NN Trident Vintage on Friday and still not shipped Image was told I should get the email yesterday or today, no dice for now.

I feel like North American orders are delayed vs UK orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered by NN C65 Vintage on Thursday right when the sale opened - shipping to the US. Just got the email that it had been shipped yesterday (Monday afternoon UK). You're probably right. If I were CW I would do batch sends of orders outside of the UK, probably easier/ less expensive for them.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

My 2 shipments were picked up on Monday and are still hanging around Heathrow. Geez, I can walk the 15 miles from Maidenhead to Heathrow in about 4 hours so DHL is taking their time again doing it in 2 days. At least they are consistent in poor performance.

Their website shows delivery from Maidenhead to the USA should take 1-2 business days. I'll be lucky to get it in 4 days. Wish they would use a real express company like UPS or Fedex for shipments to the USA, as mentioned before. But I assume DHL is probably the cheapest.

I hope they have a delivery guarantee so CW can claim some money back. I am not complaining as I didn't pay for express shipping but still disappointing.

Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

TigerChris wrote:Just a quick word of advice for anyone adjusting the bracelet on one of these if you already have a 43mm Trident. Due to the shorter lug to lug, check which links you want to take out first. I just went ahead and took out the same as I do for the Trident bracelet, without thinking, and it feels a little tight even for me (I like my bracelets snug to my wrist). A half link to put back in would be fantastic, but as they don't have one I might have to put a full link back in, but I'll see how it feels over the next couple of days.
I was really surprised at CW when I received my c60 bracelet and it had knock in pins on the links instead of screw in ones , not sure if this is the case on your bracelet? , but screw in ones are a lot easier to take out and look better. If they are good enough for rolex they should be good enough for CW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

All current CWL bracelets use the pin and collar system.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Clach77 wrote:All current CWL bracelets use the pin and collar system.
Not the best then Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk