UPDATE CW lume quality and the C65 Trident GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Willf
CW-watches: 1

UPDATE CW lume quality and the C65 Trident GMT

Post by Willf »

For those whom have been following this thread I started and my issues over the lume on the C75 GMT here as promised is a section from one of the emails I’ve received from Chris and Jorg Bader;

The most important factor for lume brightness is volume. Without big volume the best material or the best application process doesn’t help.
On the C65 GMT dial and hands we have a very low volume of lume due to the design. It’s always a trade off in product development between legibility and aesthetic, I agree with you we maybe have gone a bit too far on it. In March we will introduce another C65 GMT with white lume as we want to give the watch more legibility. In terms of color we decided to give the current model a vintage look with the old radium even though we have to take a hit on the brightness of the super luminova material. At the moment I am still in holidays until next week but I will have a look at the watch again by myself. Concerning marketing, I do agree with you that we probably shouldn’t market it as a dive watch because the watch is not a pure diver, it’s a more a sport watch. We will discuss this point internally with our marketing department.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: UPDATE CW lume quality and the C65 Trident GMT

Post by StrappedUp »

Agree with the incorrect marketing, it's not a dive watch at all IMO.
I think that boils down to CW fitting it into their existing categories, rather than create new ones for a single model.

Are you reasonably happy with the response and/or the watch or will you be returning it?
Ryan
Willf

Post by Willf »

It’s great to see they have taken my remarks and suggestions seriously (with Chris contacting Jorg whilst is on holiday too!) and may act upon some of them. I’ve also made some other suggestions too with regards to making this model a dedicated GMT watch which would include a bi directional bezel.
I love the aesthetic of this watch, I think CW have managed to produce a distinctively different look which is never easy to do.
I am a collector but not of a series so whilst I’d be very reluctant to return it the lume functionality is of importance to me and it’s great to see Chris and Jorg agree with this.
To that point I’ve asked if I could swap if the proposed white lume release looks good too.
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

I agree, it is great to get this sort of response & I think their answer explains it all.
Well done CW that is one of the reasons we buy from you.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Willf wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:48 am For those whom have been following this thread I started and my issues over the lume on the C75 GMT here as promised is a section from one of the emails I’ve received from Chris and Jorg Bader;

The most important factor for lume brightness is volume. Without big volume the best material or the best application process doesn’t help.
On the C65 GMT dial and hands we have a very low volume of lume due to the design. It’s always a trade off in product development between legibility and aesthetic, I agree with you we maybe have gone a bit too far on it. In March we will introduce another C65 GMT with white lume as we want to give the watch more legibility. In terms of color we decided to give the current model a vintage look with the old radium even though we have to take a hit on the brightness of the super luminova material. At the moment I am still in holidays until next week but I will have a look at the watch again by myself. Concerning marketing, I do agree with you that we probably shouldn’t market it as a dive watch because the watch is not a pure diver, it’s a more a sport watch. We will discuss this point internally with our marketing department.
I don’t think you can fault that for a response one bit. Bang on the money, and exactly what we have said. Respect for the honest reply, can’t ask for any more than that. Well done CW :clap:
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Specsavers have a 2 for 1 offer on at the moment.
Designer frames too! :clap:

:lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Willf

Post by Willf »

Essex Paul wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:24 pm Specsavers have a 2 for 1 offer on at the moment.

In opening up these threads I have attempted to gain the opinions of CW owners and watch enthusiasts over a what I consider to be a relevant point. I have also raised these views directly with Christopher Ward and Jorg who clearly have a broad minded approach to their business and have agreed with the points I’ve put forward.
It is therefore disappointing to have to deal with individuals such as yourself who do forums like this no credit at all. Your approach is disrespectful and ignorant and unwelcome. Perhaps you could reconsider your posts and act in a more mature way.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Sounds like a great response to your questions from Christopher Ward and Jorg. You could return your current watch under the 60/60 and purchase the new one in March if you have not worn your Current GMT. Keep in mind that the GMT they are releasing in March is supposed to have a Pepsi Bezel I believe, so will be a completely different looking watch to the GMT you currently own.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.22.06 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Willf wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:40 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:24 pm Specsavers have a 2 for 1 offer on at the moment.

In opening up these threads I have attempted to gain the opinions of CW owners and watch enthusiasts over a what I consider to be a relevant point. I have also raised these views directly with Christopher Ward and Jorg who clearly have a broad minded approach to their business and have agreed with the points I’ve put forward.
It is therefore disappointing to have to deal with individuals such as yourself who do forums like this no credit at all. Your approach is disrespectful and ignorant and unwelcome. Perhaps you could reconsider your posts and act in a more mature way.

Wow. ](*,)

Sooo serious. Too deep mate.
Far too long thinking about this.
Let it go, they’re upping their lume.
Move on. :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Rebnats wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Your topic is very relevant and I think it has been well responded to by many forum members and CW Office, has been well covered. If you cannot accept some light banter and some friendly jest without responding to calling some ignorant then I suggest you take that large plum out of your proverbial Axxx.

^^^ What he said. :clap:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Come on mate, lighten up. He's only having a laugh. I've said a lot worse than that on here in the past, as a few here will testify to (I've also had it deleted though!! :lol: :lol:). We don't want too serious a forum, it'd be boring. A bit of mickey taking never hurt anyone. Stick around, get involved and enjoy the ride :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Gentlemen; will you drop the 'personal' stuff please and keep the discussion 'on topic'.

Thank you.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bugster87
Senior
Senior

Post by Bugster87 »

As usual a good response from CW. They do tend to be helpful. As I said in the previous thread after giving the lume a good test I think it is quite adiquate as it is. Fully charged I can still read it at least 7 hours later in dark conditions. I like the slim markers, hands and aged lume colours. Hopefully a variant with white markers is going to make it more legible for some and please those that don’t like vintage lume.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

I personally am happy with my C65 Trident GMT. By looking at the technical specs, I know that this model is deliberately designed for vintage looks and this fits the C65 design philosophy (based on dive watch design circa 1965). And so I don’t have any issues with the lume. IMHO CW evolve tremendously over the years.

And my next purchase would be the new C65 GMT PEPSI bezel.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
jframsay

Post by jframsay »

That sells to be a reasonable response. The fact they do reply like this is a reason I love this brand.