New automatic C65 Diver is being released January 31st

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

New automatic C65 Diver is being released January 31st

Post by mvlow »

According to CW's post on Instagram this morning it looks like we will be getting the new C65 Diver with automatic movement and date window on January 31st.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.27.24 AM.png

Here is how they described it in the last Loupe magazine. Totally different dial than the current C65.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.22.06 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: New C65 Diver - Coming January 31st

Post by jkbarnes »

mvlow wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:58 pm According to CW's post on Instagram this morning it looks like we will be getting the new C65 Diver with automatic movement and date window on January 31st.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.27.24 AM.png

Here is how they described it in the last Loupe magazine. Totally different dial than the current C65.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.22.06 AM.png
If the new dial comes in black (or even better, a deep navy blue!), I’d definitely be a player. I like quite a bit that new dial as hinted at in the last Loupe and very much like it in automatic.

In fact, a trio of C65s would be the perfect collection for me - the Trident Vintage, the GMT, and the Diver. (Then maybe throw in the C3 Grant Tourer to round things out with a vintage inspired chrono.)
Drew
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:34 pm
If the new dial comes in black (or even better, a deep navy blue!), I’d definitely be a player. I like quite a bit that new dial as hinted at in the last Loupe and very much like it in automatic.

In fact, a trio of C65s would be the perfect collection for me - the Trident Vintage, the GMT, and the Diver. (Then maybe throw in the C3 Grant Tourer to round things out with a vintage inspired chrono.)
I am hoping they release the C65 automatic diver and the C65 Pepsi GMT around the same time, so I can compare them before making a decision. One or both of them would fit great in my collection alongside my current C65 GMT and blue C65 Diver.

I can just see me being impulsive and buying the first one they release, then a month later they release the next version, and it's darn I wish I had waited. I have no willpower when it comes to watches and chocolate in the pantry :D
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

mvlow wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:41 pmI have no willpower when it comes to watches and chocolate in the pantry :D
While I have the financing to make two purchases if I wanted to (the new Diver and the GMT), I am constrained by far more powerful forces (happy wife, happy life!) that keep my spending in line. I have definite visions of the perfect collection, but actual purchase are far down the line.
Drew
nordwulf

Re: New automatic C65 Diver is being released January 31st

Post by nordwulf »

My impression of the new diver. Hands are not great and dial details will be a bit more like the C65. No wavy dial for sure, even though that would be a nice touch. Don't really care for matte flat dials. I just hope it won't be vintage lume..

Please do not share on the CWE group.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

nordwulf wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:03 pm My impression of the new diver. Hands are not perfect and dial details will be a bit more like the C65. No wavy dial for sure, even though that would be a nice touch. Don't really care for matte flat dials. I just hope it won't be vintage lume..

I love what you’ve done there. Vintage lume might ruin that. Or perhaps it might look ok if the hands, indices, and bezel numbers where gold toned?
Drew
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Surely the hands are going to be the same "cricket bat" hands that are currently used on the C65 Diver/GMT, as per the illustrations from CW above?

I do share the hope that there will be some options without "vintage" lume. And I hope they don't use a wavy dial - that should be for the C60 alone I think.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Mean like this? Don't worry nordwulf, others can photoshop for the CWE group.
Attachments
C65 Date Blob Markers.png
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

srs1286 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:29 pm Mean like this?
:rate10:
Malcolm

nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Well done, you're clearly better at it than me. :thumbup:
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

srs1286 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:29 pm Mean like this? Don't worry nordwulf, others can photoshop for the CWE group.
Now If you got rid of the bezel and had smooth steel in place of it then it would be a true replacement for the C65 Classic. I can’t do photoshop stuff, but if it would be possible to knock that up to satisfy my curiosity it would be cool 8) :D
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:57 pm
Now If you got rid of the bezel and had smooth steel in place of it then it would be a true replacement for the C65 Classic. I can’t do photoshop stuff, but if it would be possible to knock that up to satisfy my curiosity it would be cool 8) :D
I appreciate your curiosity! but I'll stick with mocking up what is anticipated. Once the special requests start on watches that actually need to be created in photoshop versus just mashed up it gets a little time consuming. Sorry!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Another CW release that won't be for me due to the blob hour markers.

Obviously not a great loss to CW as many like and prefer round hour markers to batons - just a shame for me.
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by copemanphoto »

Now my curiosity is really piqued, a narrow bezel with just arabic numbers, a date and nice dial detail with a combination of round and baton hour markers. Add a bunch of lume and a choice of bezel colours ( red/burgundy, or black ) and we could have a real winner here folks.
Cheers, Mike.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

C65 Chronograph anybody? (Hot off instagram)
E9D167FF-463E-4479-B257-D90326E88C50.png
Tim