January Sale 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: January Sale 2019

Post by TheBeatles »

Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 pm The sales should be on when most people are off work straight after xmas , its not fair for the regular customers/forum users to receive a “sale” email when they are back to work and most of them can’t access the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strange comment. Perhaps you have a perfect time for the sale to start. Bearing in mind CW sell watches worldwide. How do they accommodate the different time zones.

I have just read through this thread. It’s hilarious how some are getting so worked up about the sale. I bet our eBay entrepreneurs are refreshing this thread every 30 seconds or so.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

As convenient an idea that is, what about the staff at CW? Surely they deserve a Christmas break, no?

It's still only a relatively small outfit, so they've not got masses of staff geared up to go all year round.
Ryan
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

Czechia wrote:Keep the faith Jasemh, patience is a virtue my friend..
Very true , sometimes i just dive straight in thats my problem Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

What would be funny if , the sale when it starts was 10% off all watches .

FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:39 pm
Since when have any sales, especially CW, been "fairly" timed.

As far as I can remember CW sales have generally started mid-morning to mid-afternoon on any day whether it be a potential holiday day or not.
And what about those people that have jobs that require them to work non 9-5 and/or on Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day etc.?
There's plenty of them on this Forum and amongst "regular customers" (whoever that may be) so there is never a "fair" time.
And it always seems to be launched in the middle of the night for us across the pond. Usually by the time I get there, the good stuff has gone. You are right, there is no good time. Our far east friends and Australian/NZ members likely miss out too.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

JFDI !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

FloridaPhil wrote:

As far as I can remember CW sales have generally started mid-morning to mid-afternoon on any day whether it be a potential holiday day or not.
And what about those people that have jobs that require them to work non 9-5 and/or on Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day etc.?
There's plenty of them on this Forum and amongst "regular customers" (whoever that may be) so there is never a "fair" time.
And it always seems to be launched in the middle of the night for us across the pond. Usually by the time I get there, the good stuff has gone. You are right, there is no good time. Our far east friends and Australian/NZ members likely miss out too.

Member/subscribers should be given the option to buy one watch from the sale then Cw should make a draw within 24hrs then email the successful buyers - making it 100% fair for everyone

Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

CW, please stop doing those one-off sales - just post what you have found in the sofa or on the top shelves as and when you come across it. Alternative suggestion would be to do a once a year on-line auction. Less of hassle for the mortals on here.
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Misterchrono »

Let's have an espresso : we have the immense opportunity to buy from (one of) our favorite brand at discount prices at seasonal timing. What else ?
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by oberonfoto »

Jasemh wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Member/subscribers should be given the option to buy one watch from the sale then Cw should make a draw within 24hrs then email the successful buyers - making it 100% fair for everyone

:thumbdown: :headbash:
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
mrbouffant
CW-watches: 2

Post by mrbouffant »

I didn't even realise there would be a Sale. I was just about to buy a new watch at full price. Thanks for the heads up!!
C70 DBR1 (Feb 2011) | Citizen Eco-Drive (Jan 2016)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Are you on drugs??!!
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Are you on drugs??!!
If not, maybe take some and try to calm down. Some of your suggestions are, quite frankly, ridiculous.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Jasemh
Senior
Senior

Post by Jasemh »

TheBeatles wrote:
TigerChris wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Are you on drugs??!!
If not, maybe take some and try to calm down. Some of your suggestions are, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

FloridaPhil wrote:

I think you are over-egging how much CW care about who buys the watches that they choose to be included in the sale. As I understand it this Forum (and the Facebook group ?) get advance notice of the sale before the general public - isn't that enough for you ? Obviously not from your suggestions that would put additional effort onto CW staff at what will already be a busy time.

It's thoughts and responses like yours that make me wish that CW didn't bother with Sales.

Just be patient. If you're lucky enough to be around when the Sale starts then happy days...if not consider yourself lucky that you can rant and rave about not getting a watch at a reduced price when others in this world are lucky if they have food to eat and water to drink.