Sales negativity- the real issue?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Sales negativity- the real issue?

Post by FloridaPhil »

No probs Guy. I was a systems director for an international offshore bank back in the 80's/90's so I know where to look although I'm hopelessly out of date now, relatively speaking.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

AWS is the modern way to host things. You'd be surprised just how many big names use it. Azure too. It's frighteningly simple to switch server capacity on/off as you need it.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Exactly. It's a no brainer if you need eCommerce resilience (and who doesn't need that?).
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Can anybody please tell me the xmas discount code and if it's still valid?
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
DerekMc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by DerekMc »

Lawrence wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:09 am Can anybody please tell me the xmas discount code and if it's still valid?
Try 100xmas18
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Trident Pro 600 Black ceramic old logo
Trident Pro 600 Blue ceramic
C9 Harrison

Tissot x 2
Ebel Sport Classic
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Valid until Xmas Eve - but not for Clearance or Archive Purchases ....
Lawrence wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:09 am Can anybody please tell me the xmas discount code and if it's still valid?
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:57 pm Great bit of detective work Phil :thumbup:

So, based on that, I don't see any changes being made before 9th March next year.
Actually Nigel that's just their domain name registration that expires on March 9th. I'm actually shocked that CW hasn't paid for their domains for the next 10 years - it's so cheap to do and not only does it protect the company from perhaps failing to remember to renew (they could have their domain stolen by a cyber-squatter) but also Google takes the remaining domain name registration time into account in their page ranking algorithm.

The more important factor would be how long the hosting contact is with Cogeco. Some of the user comments seemed to indicate that Cogeco do not make it easy to move or terminate the agreement.

It will be interesting to watch the hosting aspect over time and see if CW stays with their current hosting company or moves it to a more resilient platform. As JTC rightly pointed out imo, AWS would be the obvious way to go.
WatchChat on Facebook
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

DerekMc wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:57 am
Try 100xmas18
Tried many times, it would not work.

oh well, next time. :santaclaus:
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

^^^did you put it in the promo code box? It won’t work in the voucher box as that’s for gift vouchers that you’ve bought. It also expired on 24th.
Steve.
Superthrust
Senior
Senior

Post by Superthrust »

biggus_richus wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:01 pm I was fortunate enough to snap up a prototype yesterday. However, in the previous prototype sale, by the time I knew about it, everything had gone. That one seemed to sell out a lot quicker with fewer (no?) technical hitches. Swings and roundabouts.

I do wonder if the prototypes should be auctioned rather than sold, although I suppose that opens up the possibility of entirely different problems.
You know a charity auction for prototypes sounds like it could be a really good event.

Even if it were a livestreamed one of sorts, although that may be a bit too modern of a take.

Whilst christopher ward is quite ahead in the industry in terms of online presence and advertising, there's still a lot of avenues to explore that no one else has seemed to try yet!