C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bugster87
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by Bugster87 »

It’s here, sized and I’m very happy. I normally like 40mm and below for my approx 6.75 round shaped wrists but as I suspected it wears similar to my Oris 65 which is 40mm. Lug to lug is about the same. Height is 1mm less than the Oris. Both watches wear relatively thin due to a slim case side profile (GMT curves a little more to hug the wrist). I would say visually the GMT looks a touch smaller than the Oris probably because both have narrow bezels but the GMT is stainless steel (vs Black Oris bezel).
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

Bugster87 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm Ive ordered the C65 GMT. Just a question ref GMT hand on this movement (ETA 2893-2). We know you shouldn’t adjust the date around the 9pm/3am “danger zone” (as mentioned in CW user guides) but bearing in mind it’s the same crown position for adjusting the GMT hand, is it ok to move the GMT while in this danger zone? I’ve never heard it mentioned so I presume it’s ok but would be grateful if someone could confirm. Thanks.
As others have already stated, it is ok to set the GMT hand between 10pm and 2 am. I would just be careful if you do it, because it is easy to forget whether you should turn the crown clockwise or anti-clockwise and if you turn the crown the wrong way without thinking, you could inadvertently change the date.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 8.38.47 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Bugster87
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bugster87 »

mvlow wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:44 pm As others have already stated, it is ok to set the GMT hand between 10pm and 2 am. I would just be careful if you do it, because it is easy to forget whether you should turn the crown clockwise or anti-clockwise and if you turn the crown the wrong way without thinking, you could inadvertently change the date.
Thanks. Yes this seems like a quite easy error to make if you don’t often use the GMT function.
.pablo.

Post by .pablo. »

It is difficult today to make a new watch and that it is not a tribute to another existing one. anyway the cw I like more for the finishes
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

It’s stated in the description that this C65 GMT is able to track 3 different time zones simultaneously. Could anyone please explain how is it done? By looking at the dial, I can only get 2 different time zones. One from the hour hand, and the other one is from the GMT hand with the help of 24-hour bezel.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
shibuya

Post by shibuya »

The front page states that all Tridents have a 15% off promo with the code "Gift15", for this weekend. However, when I enter the code (with a Trident in my cart), it states the code is not valid. Anyone else have this problem, or know of a workaround? Thanks.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

.pablo. wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 pm It is difficult today to make a new watch and that it is not a tribute to another existing one. anyway the cw I like more for the finishes
I saw a Rolex GMT in a shop window the other day (as pictured up thread) and quite frankly it looked a little sad. I know some will feel a chill in their water that being said about Rolex but the C65 Trident GMT version seems like a much better looking watch, IMHO. And generally I like Rolex.
These users thanked the author Lawrence for the post:
.pablo.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

nauf wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 am It’s stated in the description that this C65 GMT is able to track 3 different time zones simultaneously. Could anyone please explain how is it done? By looking at the dial, I can only get 2 different time zones. One from the hour hand, and the other one is from the GMT hand with the help of 24-hour bezel.
This should help to explain it
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

shibuya wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:16 am The front page states that all Tridents have a 15% off promo with the code "Gift15", for this weekend. However, when I enter the code (with a Trident in my cart), it states the code is not valid. Anyone else have this problem, or know of a workaround? Thanks.
You need to enter the Gift15 in the Promotional code box, not the Voucher code box.

Hope this helps.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:25 am
nauf wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 am It’s stated in the description that this C65 GMT is able to track 3 different time zones simultaneously. Could anyone please explain how is it done? By looking at the dial, I can only get 2 different time zones. One from the hour hand, and the other one is from the GMT hand with the help of 24-hour bezel.
This should help to explain it
Thanks Steve!

Niz
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ That makes sense, but if you have a rotating bezel, it would perhaps be a little more ideal to have 24hr markings on the dial as well.

That way, you could have 3 permanent timezones that are easily read.
As it is, the 3rd is only really a temporary thing because moving the bezel makes reading the 2nd too complicated at a glance.
Ryan
e dantes
CW-watches: 0

Post by e dantes »

Ordered mine last month and happy to say it has now entered the country. I am looking forward to having it on my wrist soon!
shibuya

Post by shibuya »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:18 am
shibuya wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:16 am The front page states that all Tridents have a 15% off promo with the code "Gift15", for this weekend. However, when I enter the code (with a Trident in my cart), it states the code is not valid. Anyone else have this problem, or know of a workaround? Thanks.
You need to enter the Gift15 in the Promotional code box, not the Voucher code box.

Hope this helps.

Guy

I did. It’s not working for the watch shown in pic. It does work on GMT version. Not good!
Attachments
5E10C167-B01F-49AB-80B7-6910773B73A7.png
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

^^^ I had the same problem with the C65 a few months ago using the £150 voucher available at the time. It worked for everything else, but not the C65 models...

I found that if I added *anything* else (like a £10 watch pod) it suddenly worked...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

The 125xmas18 code works for the C65 and is nearly as much discount as the gift15 code on a $865 watch on the USA site. The xmas code is good until December 24th I think.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton