Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: What Car do you drive??

Post by Thegreyman »

BobMunro wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:54 pm
Yes, at the moment they are a gimme from the tax man in terms of Benefit in Kind taxation. We've got a pool of around 400 cars and a pretty amazing list to choose from - I would guess half the fleet now are either fully electric (e.g. Tesla) or plug in hybrids. I drive an X5 plug-in myself and apart from losing a bit of room in the boot due to the batteries the car is superb - and quicker than the diesel alternative. Unless I'm in stop start traffic I am rarely in electric mode but the charging from braking and coasting is enough to keep 25% charge in the battery for a boost when for example overtaking. I never plug mine in either!!

I fear the tax man is going to catch up soon!
I was in one of my colleagues BMW 530e earlier this week, very nice car. When charged it can run about 25 miles on electricity before the petrol engine kicks in. As he lives about a 20 mile commute to work he can charge it at home then at work during the day and do the whole days driving on electric power 8) The tax benefit in kind is really good for that car at 9% (good job as the list price is well north of £50k :shock: ).
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Just about to order a new Vauxhall Astra Elite 200ps on a crazy low personal lease. Rumour has it someone has screwed up with the new WLTP regulations and the cars need to find homes before the end of the year. SWMBO prefers the drive of the Astra compared to our A3, so I'll use the A3 until it's returned next year.

If anyone in the UK is after details then pm me and I'll forward the details - no incentives or backhanders for me, just happy to share a crazy deal for a new fully loaded car.

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Scary, just had the lease docs for our new car - leasing company fleet discount is 49%. Yes it's a Vauxhall but that discount is ridiculous, given the dealer where we tested the car had a 10% margin.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

Current car is a Citroen Grand Picasso Exclusive+... more toys than Hamleys, lovely and comfy and drives really well for a wardrobe with a 1.6l oil burner (wanted the 2L, but rarer than an honest cabinet minister).

Still got my previous car, Saab 9-3 2l twin turbo diesel estate. Loved driving it but found it just a little too small for the camping trips, despite being big enough to sleep in when you find you forgot to pack the tent poles you took out to repair :oops: Will be sad to see it go when I finally get a bit of free time from work to finish the phots and get it up for sale- although i do have a bit of a plan to use the funds from that to buy myself a tidy, early model Porsche Boxster S Turbo once we've moved house (a future classic i think?).
A large garage is high on the list of requirements for the new house search 8)
So many watches, yet still so little time!
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

Thegreyman wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:50 pm
BobMunro wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:54 pm
Yes, at the moment they are a gimme from the tax man in terms of Benefit in Kind taxation. We've got a pool of around 400 cars and a pretty amazing list to choose from - I would guess half the fleet now are either fully electric (e.g. Tesla) or plug in hybrids. I drive an X5 plug-in myself and apart from losing a bit of room in the boot due to the batteries the car is superb - and quicker than the diesel alternative. Unless I'm in stop start traffic I am rarely in electric mode but the charging from braking and coasting is enough to keep 25% charge in the battery for a boost when for example overtaking. I never plug mine in either!!

I fear the tax man is going to catch up soon!
I was in one of my colleagues BMW 530e earlier this week, very nice car. When charged it can run about 25 miles on electricity before the petrol engine kicks in. As he lives about a 20 mile commute to work he can charge it at home then at work during the day and do the whole days driving on electric power 8) The tax benefit in kind is really good for that car at 9% (good job as the list price is well north of £50k :shock: ).
I drive the BMW 530e, which as you say is a lovely car to drive and very quick! The 25 miles electric driving is fine, but as my commute is 96 miles, I can only do a quarter of it in electric mode, before charging at the office to do a quarter of the 96 miles home in electric mode. The BIK rate is favourable, but my MPG is no better than in my old 2 litre diesel car. My only complaint with the car is a full tank of petrol only gets you about 300 miles, whereas my old diesel would do 550-600 miles on a full tank, so I’m having to fill up more often. But a great car to drive, I love it and yes, the taxman will surely catch on very soon!!
4EC6D0EE-A008-4417-8BE6-FC0700683EDB.jpeg
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Looks stunning I wish I could afford the BIK on one of those.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by TempusFugit »

Old Skoda. I spend all my money on watches and bikes.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Pipesmoker
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Pipesmoker »

I just ordered a Jag XF Sportbrake, petrol, in Portfolio spec at a very favorable price on lease to replace my current 330d Touring, a slight drop in power but a leap up in terms of standard kit on the inside, I am looking forward to delivery March next year :thumbup:
Andy

C60 - Black C11 - Vintage C4 - Phoenix C11 - Ti Extreme C60-600 - Red / White C1 - GMPR C60 - Orange crush
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

2006 Porsche Cayman S & a 2012 Infiniti G37 convertible(no pics of that one)…
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^nice Porsche, lovely shade of blue too :thumbup:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:20 pm ^^^nice Porsche, lovely shade of blue too :thumbup:
Very “Estoril Blue-ish”! :lol: :clap:

I’m currently enjoying owning this.
289D3AD4-E499-4E40-A144-D070BADF1453.jpeg
Steve.
treyford
Guru
Guru

Post by treyford »

^^ from the picture posted it looks like it's defying gravity :lol:
Treyford
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

^^^ It seems that no matter what I do, when adding pics via the Forum facility, they appear fine on phone & iPad but flip over on PC & iMac?
Steve.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^Steve yes, I too thought of Estoril Blue, like my own Beemer

Patrick

Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

Thermexman wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:46 pm ^^^ It seems that no matter what I do, when adding pics via the Forum facility, they appear fine on phone & iPad but flip over on PC & iMac?
Fixed for you, Steve :thumbup:

NO PARKING
This space is reserved