C60 Trident Ombre COSC

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Re: C60 Trident Ombre COSC

Post by Lawrence »

With my two other CW bronzes I noticed the patina developing quite quickly. I live close to the ocean so maybe that is a factor. The real accelerator in my experience was taking it swimming in the ocean (Hawaii) however it seems the patina development has stopped, I cannot see any change in the last 6 months.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Would it be true to say that the patination of the bronze is actually corrosion and, once there is a certain amount of corrosion on the surface, external influences i.e. the atmosphere, can't get at the bronze underneath to create more corrosion?

Ergo, the patination process slows down / stops at a certain point in time.

Just a random thought (which is probably wrong).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:50 pm Would it be true to say that the patination of the bronze is actually corrosion and, once there is a certain amount of corrosion on the surface, external influences i.e. the atmosphere, can't get at the bronze underneath to create more corrosion?

Ergo, the patination process slows down / stops at a certain point in time.

Just a random thought (which is probably wrong).

Guy

I have no specific knowledge on corrosion rates but what you say sounds reasonable to me. It seems the patination has stopped on my C60 Pro 600. Or slowed to a point that I cannot see any change.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

The patina, or corrosion (as such) acts as a protective layer once formed; at a certain point no further patination develops. It’s why brass and bronze were historically chosen for marine use, iron or steel keep corroding regardless of the surface layer’s state.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

Mine arrive yesterday. Naturally the postal notice arrived while I not at home so I hung around the postal office until it arrived (about 30 minutes). AND I did not have to pay any import duties or taxes. On top of the 15% off that's the cherry on top.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Santa was clearly watching over you. :santagrin:

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Lawrence wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:56 pm Mine arrive yesterday. Naturally the postal notice arrived while I not at home so I hung around the postal office until it arrived (about 30 minutes). AND I did not have to pay any import duties or taxes. On top of the 15% off that's the cherry on top.
15% off, UK VAT free, no import duties or taxes, and our crappy GBP weak currency....they were virtually giving it away :lol:

Well done on getting a bargain and a great watch to boot.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
r1hjk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by r1hjk »

I still keep coming back this watch. All the pictures look great and the white text issue doesn't really bother me.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

A darn fine looking watch..wish like heck it was 38-40mm in size...oh,well
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Proodscot

Post by Proodscot »

Trying to keep this off my want list but struggling
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Red text Ombre showing on the CW home page. :problem:

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
pdjmwj

Post by pdjmwj »

Love this watch. During my watch search I came across CW and have been smitten with them since. The week of Thanksgiving in the US I pre-ordered this watch and waited. Unfortunately, I needed the watch mid January and never got a ship notice. When I contacted CW it was being held up by customs to the UK. I had been told previously it would ship from Switzerland direct due to the serial number I had ordered so unsure what really happened. Anyway I cancelled my order and still regret that decision. I had planned on giving this to my son in January.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

The one Chris was wearing at the GTG had red text on the dial. It looked good. :shock:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

pdjmwj wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:19 pm Love this watch. During my watch search I came across CW and have been smitten with them since. The week of Thanksgiving in the US I pre-ordered this watch and waited. Unfortunately, I needed the watch mid January and never got a ship notice. When I contacted CW it was being held up by customs to the UK. I had been told previously it would ship from Switzerland direct due to the serial number I had ordered so unsure what really happened. Anyway I cancelled my order and still regret that decision. I had planned on giving this to my son in January.
I would reconsider, it is a really fantastic watch, love my one.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Out of interest.... I know this is an old thread but I can't find a reference for this variant in the archives.

Mk 2 with the curvaceous hour hand.
Am I missing something?