C65 Trident Bronze LE strap options

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

C65 Trident Bronze LE strap options

Post by Bungle-ator »

I'm loving this watch so far and while I really like the virgin bronze look I'm letting it slowly patinate to see how it turns out. I took it in blue rubber which I think works very well with it.
It's a good quality thick strap with the drawback being that is not as soft as I'd like sometimes. I'm currently wearing a Hamilton with a nice soft leather CW strap wishing that the C65 was as comfortable. It draws the conclusion that I'm looking for a dark brown or blue leather strap to go with it now. Biggest hurdle is finding one with a bronze clasp but CWs vintage oak is obviously an option.

Anyone got a good suggestion?

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: C65 Trident Bronze LE strap options

Post by StrappedUp »

Colareb produce some nice distressed straps.
Couple of forumites have them on their bronze watches.

On the buckle dilemma, can't you transfer the CW bronze one to whichever strap you buy?
Ryan
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

StrappedUp wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 pm Colareb produce some nice distressed straps.
Couple of forumites have them on their bronze watches.

On the buckle dilemma, can't you transfer the CW bronze one to whichever strap you buy?
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look there. I'm not sure I can be bothered changing a buckle around as well as a strap when I fancy a change, maybe the best way forward is to to buy a buckle separately.
yet

Post by yet »

Maybe not your taste, but I love the faded olive drab NATO with it...
20181026_crop.jpg
20181024_084711_crop.jpg
Stag also works well (strap isn't quite as bright in real life but looks awesome)...
20181027_141642.jpg
Cheers,
G
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

yet wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:51 am Maybe not your taste, but I love the faded olive drab NATO with it...
20181026_crop.jpg
20181024_084711_crop.jpg

Stag also works well (strap isn't quite as bright in real life but looks awesome)...
20181027_141642.jpg

Cheers,
G
Looks good on both straps and your watch looks to have patinated nicely.
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MadMrB »

Crown and Buckle have recently started selling an adjustable fabric strap that appears to be very similar to the Tudor fabric straps. So they are NATO like, but without the usual hideous huge hardware or tail fold ever.

I think the C65 would look great on one of these Crown & Buckle Chevron straps, if you can overlook the steel hardware with the bronze: https://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps-b ... traps.html

Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

MadMrB wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:40 pm Crown and Buckle have recently started selling an adjustable fabric strap that appears to be very similar to the Tudor fabric straps. So they are NATO like, but without the usual hideous huge hardware or tail fold ever.

I think the C65 would look great on one of these Crown & Buckle Chevron straps, if you can overlook the steel hardware with the bronze: https://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps-b ... traps.html

The navy and olive would look great.

I think comfort is what I'm mostly after right now though and given their reviews, I'll most likely get this from Colareb and torch the buckle to give it a bronze look if they can't supply with a bronze buckle on it.

yet

Post by yet »

Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm Looks good on both straps and your watch looks to have patinated nicely.
A couple of dips in the Andaman Sea and a week of sailing toned it up nicely. I'll admit I was slightly worried because it looked so good brand new with the virgin bronze, but I much prefer the patina. I've been wondering where to get some nice bronze buckles myself, settling for pvd hardware on the nato and brushed stainless on the leather strap. I would switch out the CW ones that came with it, but they don't come close to fitting that leather strap.

Cheers,
Grady
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

yet wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 am
Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm Looks good on both straps and your watch looks to have patinated nicely.
A couple of dips in the Andaman Sea and a week of sailing toned it up nicely. I'll admit I was slightly worried because it looked so good brand new with the virgin bronze, but I much prefer the patina. I've been wondering where to get some nice bronze buckles myself, settling for pvd hardware on the nato and brushed stainless on the leather strap. I would switch out the CW ones that came with it, but they don't come close to fitting that leather strap.

Cheers,
Grady
I might give this a go when it comes to it. I came across a photo tutorial with it being done with watch fittings but I can't find it. It obviously won't patinate.

https://youtu.be/TD1NS7xDfGY
yet

Post by yet »

Interesting. I'd like to see the results if you try it.

Regards,
Grady

Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Well I'm doing my best to buy a distressed blue leather strap from Colareb but they've not been great at answering questions so far. I suffer from slim wrists but rather than tell me how close the nearest hole is to the lug they've tried to convince me to buy a short strap.
I really don't want less than 5cm of tail for the keepers to crowd out. Hopefully they'll actually answer the above as I'll know from that if it'll for or not.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

After a few days of emails I ordered a distressed blue leather strap from Colareb. It arrived within 48 hours and I'm very happy with the feel and the colour of it. They couldn't supply with a bronze buckle but it's a 20mm fit so I've just switched the original CW one onto it.

StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Some great options put forward :thumbup:
...and ultimately a great choice :clap:
I went with a CW Vintage Oak Leather strap with the CW bronze buckle, as can be seen in the following pictures taken in different lights.
ImageDSC_0001 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0005 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageC65_Trident_Bronze_SH21_001 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Looks good Strapmeister. I think this thread shows up that we've got loads of options that will work very well with this watch.