Fantastic Customer Service!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Fantastic Customer Service!

Post by Molan »

I know CW customer service doesn’t always get the best rep here but I have to say I was overwhelmed with them this week.

I popped in on Monday to drop off one watch for a re-case and another for a battery and check over. Whilst there I’d also arranged to swap a couple of straps I’d bought that weren’t quite what I wanted.

The person I’d arranged to meet was on a call and someone I hadn’t met before said he’d help me out so I wouldn’t have to wait around. He had been just about to go out to an appointment himself so was already putting himself out a little just to help me and to be courteous to a customer.

One of my strap exchanges was a tan leather piccari leather 20mm. I’d ordered the only one on the CW site which came with a red underside. However I’d spotted some on the Morgan watches with blue underneath. The watch I wanted to fit it to is white with blue hands - small detail but just felt it would match better.

Unfortunately this colour match isn’t really available any more and the only ones now are either a very dark brown or black. I decided just to keep the red backed one on the basis that I’d be the only person ever to see it.

Imagine my surprise when the postman arrived today with a sealed CW strap box. Inside was a lovely tan leather piccari strap with a blue back and a lovely, hand written, note from Keyran who’d helped me on Monday!

He said that he knew himself that he’d feel the red back wasn’t the perfect colour combination so he’d tracked down one in the, slightly darker, tan colour and a blue back!

He really didn’t need to do this but, as it happens, I’d already decided I couldn’t wear the other strap because of that colour clash - even bearing in mind no-one else would ever see it!

Now that’s what I call going a long way above and beyond regular customer service and shows a genuine dedication to making a customer happy - not just in the immediate term but every time I wear that watch with its blue leather back that matches my blue hands. . .
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Fantastic Customer Service!

Post by H0rati0 »

What a story, what a guy. Perfect. :thumbup:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Excellent, he's clearly an asset to CW.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

A great story. Kudos to CW and staff. It's nice to hear good news stories too. Thanks for posting.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Really good to hear this ;)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Enjoy reading about fantastic customer service !! Far too many of us (me included) default to winging about poor experiences and forget to extoll the great service when we get it!

I hope this post is passed onto Chris so he might acknowledge his staff who went above and beyond!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Molan »

Viognier wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:15 am
I hope this post is passed onto Chris so he might acknowledge his staff who went above and beyond!
I wrote to Chris to pass my thanks on :)
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I too pointed Chris to this thread.

I think Kyran will be getting a well deserved "Attaboy"! :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.