My CW History

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
FDS19
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 2

Re: My CW History

Post by FDS19 »

Does anyone have a spare C4 in blue?!?!?!
FDS19

* C65 Trident Vintage
* C60 Trident Mk 3 40mm Blue
Rebnats
Senior
Senior

Post by Rebnats »

Fantastic collection thanks for sharing
C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600
C65 Trident GMT.

Tag Heuer McLaren .
Tissot Classic T Touch.
Seiko Starfish.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Some very nice watches there Richard. Photographed very well too.
Steve.
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

I enjoyed looking at them ;) thanks for sharing!
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Nice trip through the history of your CW ownership and a shows the evolution of CW over the past 10 years or more.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

That's a lovely, varied collection of CeeDubs you've owned Richard.

The 2 standouts for me are the C9 chrono and your latest bronze bombshell :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.
Ryan
downer

Post by downer »

Thanks for the comments, guys. I enjoyed putting this together and it was interesting to see the evolution in my collection, tastes and also, my ability to focus a camera. :D
Richard
Decker
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Decker »

Very interesting to see how the design of CW watches have progressed over the years but have at the same time managed to keep some of the DNA of previous pieces .I told myself to keep out of the "discussion" on the subject of logos but have to say that to my eyes the watches you have owned with that logo look amazing.Thanks for posting these great pictures :thumbup:
downer

Post by downer »

Oops. Just realised I forgot about this one:

Now edited into the rightful place in the running order...
Richard
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

What a great thread - I really appreciated the watches (excellent photography) & the insight given into the provenance of the names like 'Jag' & 'Scooter' !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

Downer, thank you for posting this history and thank you for making me fall in love with my own collection again.

I’ve been searching for a while for my next watch, but struggling to find the one. All this time I’ve been taking my current collection for granted, viewing them as has been’s and treating them with neglect. However reading through your history three (well 4, but I’ll come on to the fourth) watches stood out to me as outstanding watches. The C60 GMT Orange, the C20 Lido and the C40 Sppedhawk. All beautiful watches but best of all, all three are in my collection.
I think that maybe in my search to find the “next watch”, I’ve taken for granted my current watches and forgotten how much I love them. I’m sure I’m not the only one guilty of taking what I already have for granted, in the search for something better, but thankfully it’s only with watches and they know no better!

I mentioned a fourth watch in your history. I’ve always been after a blue faced watch and the Scooter Blue is certainly a stunning watch. I have, however accepted that it is highly unlikely that I will ever own one, so the blue watch search does continue........
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

The C9 chronograph as always stands out for me. It's a great looking watch it's just a shame it's so ruddy thick. A few mm thinner and mine would spend far more time on my wrist.
downer

My CW History

Post by downer »

sproughton wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:27 pm The C9 chronograph as always stands out for me. It's a great looking watch it's just a shame it's so ruddy thick. A few mm thinner and mine would spend far more time on my wrist.
I agree. The thickness of the case it as at odds with the delicacy of the dial and hands and in the end, that's probably why mine didn't stay, although I also like a running seconds hand on my watches, so it was probably doomed from the start...
Richard
downer

Post by downer »

TPS10 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:07 pm Downer, thank you for posting this history and thank you for making me fall in love with my own collection again.

I’ve been searching for a while for my next watch, but struggling to find the one. All this time I’ve been taking my current collection for granted, viewing them as has been’s and treating them with neglect. However reading through your history three (well 4, but I’ll come on to the fourth) watches stood out to me as outstanding watches. The C60 GMT Orange, the C20 Lido and the C40 Sppedhawk. All beautiful watches but best of all, all three are in my collection.
I think that maybe in my search to find the “next watch”, I’ve taken for granted my current watches and forgotten how much I love them. I’m sure I’m not the only one guilty of taking what I already have for granted, in the search for something better, but thankfully it’s only with watches and they know no better!

I mentioned a fourth watch in your history. I’ve always been after a blue faced watch and the Scooter Blue is certainly a stunning watch. I have, however accepted that it is highly unlikely that I will ever own one, so the blue watch search does continue........
You make a very good point about appreciating what we have, rather than this perpetual search for the 'next one'. :D
Richard
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

^^ completely agree. It’s an effort to find that place where we are truly content and enjoy all watches in our collection.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy