London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: London Calling. CW's new advertising campaigns

Post by 0uatiOW »

I’m an occasional visitor to London and I find myself reading the posters opposite the tube platforms. If that’s what a cross-track poster is, the I think they offer a good position because you are more or less captive. I’ve made my feelings known on the posters themselves but the right content would hook me and I would read the whole thing. Marketing is as much about brand awareness as it is about advertising a specific product, and even if I don’t rush out to find the product itself, I would / could remember it later and make a purchase based on a positive recollection. I see it as the punter makes a mental note of some nice watches, remembers a name or a picture and when he or she is in the market would be positively predisposed towards the brand.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Amor Vincit Omnia

Re: London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I’m on a trip to London today so will look out at Liverpool Street and in the Tube.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

So will Christopher Ward be banned from the forum for dodgy comments on someones hands? :escape:
So many watches, yet still so little time!
Amor Vincit Omnia

NotEnoughWrists wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm So will Christopher Ward be banned from the forum for dodgy comments on someones hands? :escape:
I don’t think the Admin Team has much control over what Christopher Ward posts on the tube :lol: ...

And the sign said “The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.”

Seriously, I am conscious of being slightly impervious myself to adverts in general, but I wonder how much the average London commuter notices. Whether walking around the concourse, standing on the platform or inside the train, 90% seem to be plugged permanently into some machine that commands their attention to such an extent that at least half a dozen such individuals walked into me today.

O Tempora, O Mores! :thumbdown:
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

^^^As an average London commuter, I read / notice all adverts on the tube, whether they're platform opposite or on the escalators. It's a way of distracting myself from the utterly terrible people that I share my commute with :lol:

However, I can guarantee you that the second I step on the train, or step off the escalator I've completely forgotten every single one of them.
r-macus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by r-macus »

sproughton wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm ^^^As an average London commuter, I read / notice all adverts on the tube, whether they're platform opposite or on the escalators. It's a way of distracting myself from the utterly terrible people that I share my commute with :lol:

However, I can guarantee you that the second I step on the train, or step off the escalator I've completely forgotten every single one of them.
Hmm, it depends if your sharing a carriage with rachel riley or not.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:48 pm
NotEnoughWrists wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm So will Christopher Ward be banned from the forum for dodgy comments on someones hands? :escape:
I don’t think the Admin Team has much control over what Christopher Ward posts on the tube :lol: ...

And the sign said “The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.”

Seriously, I am conscious of being slightly impervious myself to adverts in general, but I wonder how much the average London commuter notices. Whether walking around the concourse, standing on the platform or inside the train, 90% seem to be plugged permanently into some machine that commands their attention to such an extent that at least half a dozen such individuals walked into me today.

O Tempora, O Mores! :thumbdown:
If it didn’t work I doubt all the companies would spend millions every year doing it.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^I suspect you are absolutely right.

And I know from having talked with Mike, Chris and Helen last week: they have certainly “done their research.”

My comment was about the people who I suspect look to their devices to help them through the daily grind of the commute. Thank goodness I only do it occasionally.
Steve

joegrundy
Junior
Junior

Post by joegrundy »

I noticed CW adverts on the big digital screens at both Kings Cross and Liverpool St. I thought CW's original positioning was that they kept the prices of their watches down by not doing mass advertising like the traditional brands?
kyoto
Junior
Junior

Post by kyoto »

I like the ad.
Baco Noir
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

Post by Baco Noir »

The video ad seems to be saying can you get over the lower price tag and lack of a posh name like Rolex to buy one of our watches which are good quality. Not a message that works for me.

The print ads with small hands and dull watch are great!
DubyaDubya

Post by DubyaDubya »

As an American unhappy with our embarrassment of top leadership currently, I love the ad about being the other world leader with small hands. Cheap shot, but definitely made me chuckle.
Marginal-Salmon

Post by Marginal-Salmon »

DubyaDubya wrote:As an American unhappy with our embarrassment of top leadership currently, I love the ad about being the other world leader with small hands. Cheap shot, but definitely made me chuckle.
And a great way to push an entire demographic away from your product just to cater towards another, reminds me of Seikos recent changes to distance themselves from being the go to "affordable entry watch".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

Gentle mocking of a world leader isn't going to push an entire demographic away. Frankly if you don't buy a watch solely because of that one advert is, in my eyes, utterly ridiculous.

On the flip side, chap I work with was talking about how good that specific advert was and after he went to the website is now picking out which watch to buy.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Good to hear actual feedback from 'the general public' that it has worked ^^^