Clearance section

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rich3586
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Re: Clearance section

Post by rich3586 »

I got too exited when saw the c65 divers back as missed the first time that forgot to do that. Been wanting bracelet for one of my c60s.
bane01

Post by bane01 »

Hi guys.. new member here.. was very close on ordering c65, but decided I'm gonna wait if c65 GMT shows on clerance sale.. Did it ever appear on there?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

bane01 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 pm Hi guys.. new member here.. was very close on ordering c65, but decided I'm gonna wait if c65 GMT shows on clerance sale.. Did it ever appear on there?
Welcome. It’ll be a while until you see those appearing on clearance. Unless you’re willing to wait a whole, you may want to use a voucher, I know there’s a £100 off but there may also be a £150 off - there usually is. I haven’t had mine but come through but I think it’s 100XMAS18 so you could try 150XMAS18. Someone else will be able to confirm.

Edit - corrected the £100 code, thanks Guy. Not sure if he £150 code exists, but worth trying.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Code is 100XMAS18

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

bane01 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 pm Hi guys.. new member here.. was very close on ordering c65, but decided I'm gonna wait if c65 GMT shows on clerance sale.. Did it ever appear on there?

There is one up for auction on ebay at the moment, might turn out to be a good deal:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christopher- ... 3514390395
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

H0rati0 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 am There is one up for auction on ebay at the moment, might turn out to be a good deal:

I don’t get it. £895, less £100 discount, so let’s say £795. There doesn’t seem to be a reserve so it will sell even if it’s less than the £795.

If this is a case of someone trying to make a risk-free turn otherwise it goes back under 60/60, that’s taking the **** and CW should start saying the 60 day return isn’t offered if the watch has been offered for sale elsewhere.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Probably the only chance at the moment is a NN, maybe ex review model. I would expect those to be hoovered up PDQ and I wouldn’t expect the divers to stick around too long. They really are beautiful watches.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
bane01

Post by bane01 »

Yes.. this is what I meant.. hoping for it to hit NN shelf :) C65 diver is really nice but GMT is by far the nicest CW watch yet.. at least for me

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

H0rati0 wrote:

There is one up for auction on ebay at the moment, might turn out to be a good deal:

Three observations:-

How can it be new if it has been bought from CW?

The listing only shows pictures that have been taken from the CW website; where are pictures of the actual watch?

It is described as Sold Out. Its not! Available for pre-order end November.

Three words come to mind:-

Bargepole - touch - wouldn't.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:46 am
H0rati0 wrote:

Three observations:-

How can it be new if it has been bought from CW?

The listing only shows pictures that have been taken from the CW website; where are pictures of the actual watch?

It is described as Sold Out. Its not! Available for pre-order end November.

Three words come to mind:-

Bargepole - touch - wouldn't.

Guy

Guy

I too find these things odd, that is the second C65 GMT in a week, the first sold BIN at £700.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christopher- ... SwVRxb4F4-

My original link is offered by someone from Sweden who obviously at least dabbles in selling on watches judging from his feedback, but in any case ebay/paypal guarantees should protect a buyer. Surely CWs are not worth faking even if there was time to copy a new model?

I have noticed a number of NN CWs in recent weeks, as if there is a grey market in them. Some of them are close to the 60 days (though some are older models so could have been picked up in sales from CW) so either people are eating a loss or somewhere there is a source of low cost supply since many are offered at auction with no reserve. Satisfactory explanation I have not.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

^^ Staff maybe? I'm assuming they get a discount if they want a watch, although if they do I'm pretty sure CW would have t&c's stating not to be bought and then sold on for profit. If they get 50% off on any new watch, then that's a possibility but not allowed to sell on for 90 days etc

Pure guesswork, but I have bought a watch on ebay a couple of years ago that was poorly described and I later found out was from a CW staff member...
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Brisk business in NN since yesterday, all the bronze have gone, just one C65 and three C60s left.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

H0rati0 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:53 pm Brisk business in NN since yesterday, all the bronze have gone, just one C65 and C60 apiece left.
I think the majority were removed by CW for some reason, was still a good chunk available at approx. 9am (UK), but then gone a few minutes later.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
DB90

Post by DB90 »

Looking forward to their christmas sale, always a gem or two around.
bane01

Post by bane01 »

DB90 wrote:Looking forward to their christmas sale, always a gem or two around.
Me too... hope for some great deals.. was gonna buy c60 or c65 on last NN sale but decided I'm gonna wait