Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tigerptangyang
Senior
Senior

Re: C60 Trident Ombre COSC

Post by Tigerptangyang »

nbg wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:24 pm

What however does seem unusual, in a market where detail is important is to:

Put together a well designed attractive watch with specific detail (albeit changed between prototype to production model), but then demonstrate a disjointed end to end process by putting a watch with different detail:
- in your marketing email to potential customers
- on the front cover and in a feature article of your marketing magazine as sent to customers
- on your website sales platform, in both renders and video
- in the owners handbook

Wholeheartedly agree with this comment as it is strange with the actual release, plus the QC issues with wonky 9 & 12 indices I have currently seen with the real life photos on the forum,
This has put me off to committing for now.
It would of been my first trident but not quite yet.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Lol
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

Generally, I'm not negative and try to give the benefit, but you would think someone might have said "Let's update all the marketing with the final design so people know exactly what they are getting." Someone responds....."ah, it'll be fine, just a minor detail."

Yet, in this bubble details matter. Since the question has been asked of CW on FB, Instagram, and email, I assume Monday might shed some light on if the text change was intentional or not.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by theemaadhatter »

Per Scott C. at CW "These watches are vacuum packed so we are unable to see each individual watch but I have checked the few examples that have been opened before dispatch and it does look like the depth rating is written in white and not red.
I have made our web team aware and they will amend the photography ASAP."

To me, it seems like CS and the web teams had no idea about the change, and that if some clarification is needed on whether it was an intended change or miscommunication at the factory, I'd have to contact someone on the design team. Not sure if it's worth the effort, I'd just like to know if it was intended or if it's an actual mistake.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Gut feeling it's down to legibility as the red against brown 'bleeds' and to an extent was lost on the dial. Like many others I liked it the with the red text and I'm not a fan of the double line of white text, which makes it too prominent imho.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

F027C0D1-E774-4A2D-859C-831EAC0DBBB1.png
Just read Loupe issue 11. When I looked at the Ombré pic closely, the depth rating text is actually not in red. Somehow someone in marketing or ads put red cover on it. Imho.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Tally
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Tally »

it is in red text.

Had a couple of emails from CS today, they are sending a returns pack for the watch and acknowledged the wonky dial and the fact mine was not sent in a wooden box.

Nothing about the red depth text though and have noticed on the CW site that all "raw" watches have the white text now but all patina'd ones are still in red.....I stand corrected as they have changed those too now :-?

They are sending the returns pack to my home address..... which is a bugger as I had the watch delivered to work so as to avoid the Mrs that said my bags will be packed if I bought any more watches...... :(
Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

^^^^
that last comment made me chuckle just say you was looking at one for quality control and you are just part of the team externally , oh ok get your bags packed just in case he!he!
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
Tally
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Tally »

lol, already left the heating on in my office in readiness
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Just tell her you're returning one of the existing CWs for warranty work, then hide it away for a while :thumbup:
Ryan
Tally
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Tally »

That was sort of what I told her when I picked her up from work tonight, told her I was getting a returns pack and thinking on my feet I said I was returning the titanium one :---) ...good job she can't count 60+days ....

...she looked at me and said "you best not buy another", titanium one is getting hidden until next year then :-" :-"
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

i must say that i am really not sure about this watch now. I will give it 24 hours but i might just get a sinn 104 new version and be done with CW as a brand.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Thats a terrible reply from Scott. Basically admitting they are wrong, but rather than dealing with the problem just changing the pics on the website to reflect the mistake. I'm sorry, but that is not how to go about things. They have designed the watch with red text, marketed the watch with red text, sold the watch as having red text, but somebody somewhere has made a massive balls up and created the dial wrong. Following on from that QC didn't even notice the mistake, I'm guessing Stevie Wonder has had a change in career and is now head of CW QC. CW's response? Oh well, sod it, we'll just leave it as it is and change the photos - sod the people that have bought them, if they return them then so what somebody will buy them eventually. Scott Callaway, Customer Services Manager? All he's done here is try to cover up a balls up. I'm now questioning whether I can trust CW as a brand now.
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by theemaadhatter »

Reply via Facebook...
"Unfortunately owing to a mishap in our photo retouch department, initial promotional photos of the C60 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC LE show some red dial text, when the actual text on the production watches is in white. Wherever possible, promotional photos (including those throughout our website) are being corrected."

I do like the watch both ways, but personally preferred the red and thought it added a nice touch. But at this point I'm not sure we will quite know if it was an intentional decision by design or if it was a mishap that they are running with. Someone with more contacts than I would have to dig further.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Load of rubbish. The original photos were correct, but the dial has been produced wrong. Every single photo, from every single angle, has shown red text. Nothing to do with the photo retouch department. The dial has been made wrong and will cost too much time and money to rectify and so the photo department get made the scapegoat in a cover up story.