C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: C65 Trident GMT now on the CW website

Post by Bounce »

I must admit I quite like it, I certainly prefer it to the standard C65.
It also has a proper 24hr bezel & not a mist mash bezel.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Topcat30093

Post by Topcat30093 »

Does this have an automatic movement?
I searched the details on the CW website and apart from saying that it was fitted with an ETA movement, I couldn't figure out whether it was manual or automatic.
I did search based on the ETA movement number, but it showed that it could be either.
Sorry, if I did miss the info.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

From the Specifications on the website.

Swiss made
21 jewel self-winding elabore-grade mechanical movement (ETA 2893-2)
42 hour power reserve
Dual-time GMT function

Automatic.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

Topcat30093 wrote:Does this have an automatic movement?
I searched the details on the CW website and apart from saying that it was fitted with an ETA movement, I couldn't figure out whether it was manual or automatic.
I did search based on the ETA movement number, but it showed that it could be either.
Sorry, if I did miss the info.
Yes it is an automatic.

C65 Trident GMT
$1,025 - $1,095
If the C65 Trident Diver captured the look and feel of the iconic dive watches worn by Sean Connery as 007, the C65 Trident GMT reflects the jet-setting Bond for whom the ‘60s unveiled a whole new age of globe-spanning opportunity.
1 Face Option 4 Strap Options 41mm Automatic
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Overall look is very nice.

Case size - check
Bracelet - check
Bezel - check
Lume at 3 by date window - check
GMT hand colour - uncheck
Word mark at 9 - uncheck
Hand shape - uncheck

Pretty close but not quite there ....
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

On the subject of the GMT hand which has been both praised and criticised in this thread, it may be worth looking at what Mike France says in the new addition of Loupe:
But the most distinctive aspect is the oversized GMT hand, in an orange that pops brilliantly against the black dial and old radium indexes (sic). We didn’t want anything too discreet, but a design that shouts proudly about the GMT function.
So like it or not (I love it) it was part of the design. Those who enjoy tinkering in Photoshop can play with the design to their heart’s content, but it was fully intended.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Topcat30093

Post by Topcat30093 »

Many thanks to you for answering my question :thumbup:
Obviously a visit to the opticians is called for. :)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

It might be the GMT hand I love most about this watch!

While I’ve quite liked many of the models released by CW over the last few months, this is the first one I’m prepared to dip into my “strategic reserves” for without a bit of hesitation. Well, without hesitation about the money that is. But not for the fact it would break my wife’s heart if I bought a new watch, this would be on its way to me. I’m afraid my wife would see a new watch as me replacing the C65 Trident Vintage she got me as a wedding gift.

I need to approach this strategically to convince her to come my way on this. Any advice?
Drew
downer

Post by downer »

jkbarnes wrote:It might be the GMT hand I love most about this watch!

While I’ve quite liked many of the models released by CW over the last few months, this is the first one I’m prepared to dip into my “strategic reserves” for without a bit of hesitation. Well, without hesitation about the money that is. But not for the fact it would break my wife’s heart if I bought a new watch, this would be on its way to me. I’m afraid my wife would see a new watch as me replacing the C65 Trident Vintage she got me as a wedding gift.

I need to approach this strategically to convince her to come my way on this. Any advice?
How about "I plan to wear this new one every day, and keep your gift for best - to ensure I can treasure it forever"?
Richard
killersp
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by killersp »

It is a beautiful watch, but I think like some companions that the GMT hand is very big.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

downer wrote:

How about "I plan to wear this new one every day, and keep your gift for best - to ensure I can treasure it forever"?
I think if I told her I was going to where the one she gave mer only on special occasions that would make it worse! What's funny is that my wife cycles through about five watches on a regular basis. Of course, I gave her all five of those watches...
Drew
downer

Post by downer »

jkbarnes wrote:
downer wrote:

I think if I told her I was going to where the one she gave mer only on special occasions that would make it worse! What's funny is that my wife cycles through about five watches on a regular basis. Of course, I gave her all five of those watches...
Ok, go for the reverse... “I need one to wear occasionally - to avoid damaging the special one”.

Or, simply man up and confess to wanting a collection of watches. :)
Richard
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

downer wrote:Or, simply man up and confess to wanting a collection of watches. :)
That's the gist of it, right there.
Drew
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

jkbarnes wrote:
downer wrote:Or, simply man up and confess to wanting a collection of watches. :)
I have a feeling that your wife will hear that as you saying "I want a collection of wives" and react accordingly! :aufsmaul:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

welshlad wrote:
jkbarnes wrote:
I have a feeling that your wife will hear that as you saying "I want a collection of wives" and react accordingly! :aufsmaul:
You're actually not too far off the mark there! It's a delicate subject. It's a second marriage for both of us with perhaps too much symbolism attached to the watch.
Drew