What Car do you drive??

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

What Car do you drive??

Post by gaf1958 »

Today... it’s the loaner while mine is in for scheduled servicing...

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: What Car do you drive??

Post by Thegreyman »

Just washed my car for the first time in a while so I'll take the opportunity for a gratuitous pic Image

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

ciclismosam wrote:Swapped from a Focus ST to a Toyota 4Runner last December. Better suited to where I live now. Just swapped to all-terrain tires and planning a trip to the backroads of the Gila national forest this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice TRD Off Road! :thumbup:

I have mine for 1.5 years now and still happy with it. I should take it more off-road but it has been very good in snow. I sometimes miss driving a regular car but it's hard to go back when you're used to good ground clearance and 4WD. Those tires look good, better than the OEM ones I still have on mine.

ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

nordwulf wrote:
ciclismosam wrote:Swapped from a Focus ST to a Toyota 4Runner last December. Better suited to where I live now. Just swapped to all-terrain tires and planning a trip to the backroads of the Gila national forest this weekend.

Nice TRD Off Road! :thumbup:

I have mine for 1.5 years now and still happy with it. I should take it more off-road but it has been very good in snow. I sometimes miss driving a regular car but it's hard to go back when you're used to good ground clearance and 4WD. Those tires look good, better than the OEM ones I still have on mine.

I love that blue! You are quite right, once having the capability to go anywhere and handle any conditions it is hard to not have that. I highly recommend these tires for any conditions other than the road, and hey work fine on the road too. BFG AT KO2’s.

Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Testing one of these later in the week (i3) - something a bit different.

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

what-time-is-it wrote:Testing one of these later in the week (i3) - something a bit different.

Great little car, especially in the city. I'd love an i8, although finding £100k might be an issue :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
gbranton
CW-watches: 2

Post by gbranton »

My weekend car.
Attachments
Mustang299.jpg
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

I drive it but not enough...after all I do live in Oregon...everything ain't green by accident! :)
Attachments
FB_IMG_1536993782300.jpg
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I’d like to say I drive an Aston Martin DB5, but I’ll have to settle for this LEGO version, complete with rotating plates, bullet proof shield, and working ejector seat. 48th birthday gift from my folks, as I’m still a kid at heart. Took me 4.5 hours to put together.
227BB8B6-817B-4B31-A85B-8BDACC4F232A.jpeg
Drew
Markornot
Guru
Guru

Post by Markornot »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:03 am I’d like to say I drive an Aston Martin DB5, but I’ll have to settle for this LEGO version

227BB8B6-817B-4B31-A85B-8BDACC4F232A.jpeg
Looks a little like a DB5 “Shooting Brake”...for when Bond settled down with Miss Moneypenny and had a family.... :D

Nice work!
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
JAG
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by JAG »

Old topic but new replacement , Range rover Evoque has gone "it was not for me i love my speed" plus the insurance was a killer , So updated to a Golf GTI Mk7 with performance pack Dynaudio system and pan roof it's a flyer more my style & way cheaper on insurance.
My spelling & Grammar stinks i no you don't have to PM me to Explain ! :-)
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

VW Golf Mk5 GT TDI for me, the thing is built like a tank! I'm of the theory that if you look after the car it will look after you. I've out 80k miles on it from when I got it 6 years ago and it's now on 170k. Bit noisier as the years roll by but it still goes some and is a comfortable drive for my daily commute.

Keep looking at a newer GTD but as with most things I don't have the funds for what I want and not willing to settle for less. Can't give up the heated seats!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
Markornot
Guru
Guru

Post by Markornot »

Danbailey007 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:57 am

Keep looking at a newer GTD but as with most things I don't have the funds for what I want and not willing to settle for less. Can't give up the heated seats!
At least you have a GTD over there...nobody is selling diesels here (US) anymore because of the whole dieselgate thing...I turned my Jetta TDI back only because there was a huge financial incentive to do so...one of the larger financial windfalls, really...I miss the TDI every day, I miss their involvement in racing and I miss not being able to dream that someday the GTD would come stateside.
Mark
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

Markornot wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:57 am
Danbailey007 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:57 am

At least you have a GTD over there...nobody is selling diesels here (US) anymore because of the whole dieselgate thing...I turned my Jetta TDI back only because there was a huge financial incentive to do so...one of the larger financial windfalls, really...I miss the TDI every day, I miss their involvement in racing and I miss not being able to dream that someday the GTD would come stateside.
That sucks! Although not sure how much longer diesels will be viable here too. The city I live in are looking to start charging diesels to enter the city, coming through it makes up part of my commute and there isn't a lot of other options :thumbdown:
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
r-macus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by r-macus »

Here's what I do now. After years of getting a new car from the dealer on lease, keeping for 3 then onto the other. I no longer view or accept cars as a status symbol for myself. Ironic on a watch forum I know. For the past few years I have been driving a toyota avensis. It's a 2005 and onto my 3rd years ownership has only needed a clutch. I got the car cheap as the clutch was on the way out when i test drove it. Mot is due in oct. and if i get another year mechanical free, this car will only have cost me running costs and tyres. Having owned brand new mid range cars, I cannot justify them . They all break down the same, need the same maintenance and cause the same grief.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301