Shocking repair time

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MWarBR

Shocking repair time

Post by MWarBR »

I have a C9 less than a year old that has developed a fault with the date function. Having contacted CW and returned it to them, I have now been told it will be 5 to 6 weeks because of their repair schedule. I really don't feel this is an acceptable wait for a watch under warranty, I have had both Rado and Seiko watches serviced in the past, and they came back within ten days. I don't understand how they think is is okay, it doesn't happen with other quality products from Miele, Naim, John Lewis etc, their customer service is unquestionable.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I know it is very frustrating, but where quality watches are concerned this kind of repair period is quite normal. In fact, there are certain brands where you could find yourself waiting considerably longer for a watch to be returned.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will stick around.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
killersp
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by killersp »

Many very famous Swiss brands, without naming anyone, take that and much more.
But it is true that it is desperate and frustrating for the one who waits.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I have sent my Breitlings in for repair over different occasions and it has always been 12 to 14 weeks.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

5-6 weeks is fast in the watch world...just sayin'.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

I had my C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 repaired within the last fortnight. The turn around was 8 days, work carried out included replacing a faulty rotor and testing. I’m thinking that’s impressive.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

My C60 Bronze went in for inspection at less than a year old, and I have been told it will be 5-6 weeks. I agree with the OP this is a long time, maybe not out of the ordinary for the industry, but if you have a product under warranty, 6 weeks is a long time to be without it.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

0uatiOW wrote:My C60 Bronze went in for inspection at less than a year old, and I have been told it will be 5-6 weeks. I agree with the OP this is a long time, maybe not out of the ordinary for the industry, but if you have a product under warranty, 6 weeks is a long time to be without it.
That’s what I was told too, but as I said the turn around for my watch was only 8 days.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Richard D wrote:
0uatiOW wrote:My C60 Bronze went in for inspection at less than a year old, and I have been told it will be 5-6 weeks. I agree with the OP this is a long time, maybe not out of the ordinary for the industry, but if you have a product under warranty, 6 weeks is a long time to be without it.
That’s what I was told too, but as I said the turn around for my watch was only 8 days.
That’s encouraging Richard, though mine has been 18 days so far. Out of interest, what was wrong with yours? I keep mine on a winder and recently it stopped twice - once on the winder and once on my wrist, so I assumed something was stuck, thought I know nothing about how movements work others than the what mainspring does.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Richard D wrote:I had my C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 repaired within the last fortnight. The turn around was 8 days, work carried out included replacing a faulty rotor and testing. I’m thinking that’s impressive.
I think you’re being a bit mischievous here Richard. Your history with CW, number of purchases and frequency of “dropping in” for visits, probably gives you a “special” status! Wether you care to admit it or not.

My two repairs (wife’s watch & my C600) took approx 8 weeks, as have several Forum member’s repairs.
Perfectly normal I’d say.
Steve.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

5-6 weeks for a service, or repair out of warranty = the norm and totally acceptable.

5-6 weeks to correct a fault, for a watch still under warranty (hardly out of the box!) = totally unacceptable and would not be the norm.

Unfortunately too many people seem to get confused about the difference between what would be an acceptable timescale for warranty and non warranty repairs!

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Thermexman wrote:
Richard D wrote:I had my C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 repaired within the last fortnight. The turn around was 8 days, work carried out included replacing a faulty rotor and testing. I’m thinking that’s impressive.
I think you’re being a bit mischievous here Richard. Your history with CW, number of purchases and frequency of “dropping in” for visits, probably gives you a “special” status! Wether you care to admit it or not.

My two repairs (wife’s watch & my C600) took approx 8 weeks, as have several Forum member’s repairs.
I’m a customer just like everyone else irrespective of how many watches I’ve purchased or the appointments made. I’m simply sharing my experience alongside everyone else.
Richard

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Service time for me was around 6 weeks, not including shipping times from Australia to and from the UK.

On the other hand, the couple of warranty repairs that I’ve had done were something like 3-5 days excluding shipping.

To me it seems they do differentiate between the two situations and rightly prioritise warranty work. Of course two out of two examples is hardly a statistically valid sample size for me to make such a general assumption...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I agree with Neil and Gary.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

scooter wrote:I agree with Neil and Gary.

scooter
I see your points.
There should be a distinction between the two situations.
Steve.