FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia

Post by smegwina »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Who wants Croatia to win on Sunday?

MOI!!
Oui!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

^^ It’ll be hard for them - having played 6 hours of football plus 2 penalty shootouts in 11 days, and it looks like a few of them have picked up some knocks.

They got stronger in the second half while we tired, and we paid the price for not taking our chances in the first half.

Well played to both teams but in the end, Croatia were too good for us.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

France will win on Sunday. It's just a question of by how many goals.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

0uatiOW wrote:^^ It’ll be hard for them - having played 6 hours of football plus 2 penalty shootouts in 11 days, and it looks like a few of them have picked up some knocks.

They got stronger in the second half while we tired, and we paid the price for not taking our chances in the first half.

Well played to both teams but in the end, Croatia were too good for us.
What chances? England only had TWO (2) shots on target for the whole game!
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I watched the first 90 minutes and then decided to take advantage of the near deserted roads to drive home from The University of Warwickshire to Berkshire. By all accounts Croatia derseves to be in the final. For a small nation this is a fantastic achievement.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

oberonfoto wrote: What chances? England only had TWO (2) shots on target for the whole game!
Lingard shot, Kane near post, Sterling breaks, Stones header, Kane header opportunity at the end. Those were chances and if we’d have put any of them away we might have won.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

0uatiOW wrote:
oberonfoto wrote: What chances? England only had TWO (2) shots on target for the whole game!
Lingard shot, Kane near post, Sterling breaks, Stones header, Kane header opportunity at the end. Those were chances and if we’d have put any of them away we might have won.
^^ :lol: :lol: Is this a serious post??? If my Auntie had b*****s she’d be my uncle! I want England to win at anything, but ifs and buts don’t count in proffessional sport. Your post is as daft as a batsman in cricket saying ‘if i’d Have hit that i wouldn’t have been bowled’. Missing chances means you are not good enough. What annoys me is the typical English mentality. The commentators said at the end something along the lines of ‘they’ll return home to a hero’s welcome’ (it wasn’t those words, but meant roughly the same). What a load of b*****s! I’m not a football fan, but its our national sport, we have more players to pick from than any other country in the world and still haven’t won anything for years and years. Losing in a semi final shouldn’t be seen as a success, it should be seen as a failure. The sooner this country realises this and gets rid of the ‘its not the winning its the taking part attitude’ the better, and the attitude ‘they did well, we should be proud of them’. I’m happy in one way though as I made more money tonight. After the full time whistle it was obvious, even to a non wendyball fan, that we couldn’t score in a brothel as we were knackered, so I stuck some money on Croatia winning in extra time and it not going to penalties. 4/1 winner, job done :D I’m brassed of in another way as I want England to win at whatever we play. Sorry, I’ve just realised i’ve drifted a little off topic there :lol:
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

England only had one shot on target, which was a goal.
Matta
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Matta »

Comments ?
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

TigerChris wrote: Losing in a semi final shouldn’t be seen as a success, it should be seen as a failure. The sooner this country realises this and gets rid of the ‘its not the winning its the taking part attitude’ the better, and the attitude ‘they did well, we should be proud of them’.
England did better than great footballing nations like Italy, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina.
They did better than they have for many years.
Something to be proud of, particularly given the smaller population of England.

If you had a friend that got to the semi final of Wimbledon, or won a bronze medal at the Olympics, would you tell them how crap they are for not winning?
Are the only good F1 drivers those in the top places?
Are football clubs not worth supporting unless they are in the top few places in the Premier league?

Football is entertainment but supporting a team involves emotion. Like a play, without tradgedy, success is less sweet.
Losing against Iceland in the Euros was a low. Reaching the semis in this world cup is a high.

Fortunately, there is more to sport than winning.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

jtc wrote:France will win on Sunday. It's just a question of by how many goals.
Same predictions (me included) were on England.

We shall see..

I even made special T-shirt for the game..

magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

hughesyn wrote:
TigerChris wrote: Losing in a semi final shouldn’t be seen as a success, it should be seen as a failure. The sooner this country realises this and gets rid of the ‘its not the winning its the taking part attitude’ the better, and the attitude ‘they did well, we should be proud of them’.
England did better than great footballing nations like Italy, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina.

If you had a friend that got to the semi final of Wimbledon, or won a bronze medal at the Olympics, would you tell them how crap they are for not winning?
Are football clubs not worth supporting unless they are in the top few places in the Premier league?

Football is entertainment but supporting a team involves emotion. Like a play, without tradgedy, success is less sweet.
Losing against Iceland in the Euros was a low. Reaching the semis in this world cup is a high.

I can see valid points in both the above, but I won't be watching the losers final, pointless game.
Why should Harry Kane or Lukaku get another shot at adding more goals, to their tallys.
I can name a single Team that boasts About 3rd place.
I think England did a great job, and I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Now I shall cheer on France , and hope a Tottenham player lifts the world cup.
Or I won't hear the end of it from the West Ham boys.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
downer

Post by downer »

hughesyn wrote:

Totally agree. To measure success, some context is required.
Richard
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

hughesyn wrote:England did better than great footballing nations like Italy, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina.

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

blowfish89 wrote:England only had one shot on target, which was a goal.
Which is clearly wrong as the 'keeper saved well from Kane's shot on target in the 1st half.

We did have good chances in the first half, but after that we were comprehensively outplayed.