LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Chat with Chris 2018 Questions

Post by Kip »

"Chat with Chris 2018" format and details posted here.

Post your questions for the "Chat with Chris" here.

I shall start the chat with the top 5 questions and/or the ones of most interest to everyone. Please have your questions posted by July 22. I will post the list of 5 questions that will be asked so you can have any others you may have ready to go.

During the chat, you may also ask questions via the Zoom chat function. Direct your questions to me and I will make every effort to get them in based on interest and duplicity.

If you are unable to attend and have a specific or general question that you do wish to ask, please send me a pm and I will make every effort to get your question in if time permits. No guarantees….but I will try.

If a question is posted that you want asked simply quote and add +1 or +2 etc...

Please have your questions posted by July 22.

Please limit this area to questions only. No discussions please.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: Chat with Chris 2018 Questions

Post by mvlow »

This has to be the question many want to ask. The logo. I personally do not mind the logo and have defended it in the past, but whenever a new CW is released the Internet goes nuts with the negative logo comments. Can Chris please discuss/explain their thoughts behind the logo and why they do not change it based on all the negative feedback. It will make a nice cut and paste answer for future negative logo comments as new models are released.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Are there any plans for new complications? How about an annual calendar for example? What changed your mind about skeleton watches? Do you have any pictures of the forthcoming skeleton SH21? Will you ever make a Trident without guilloche?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

in previous chats, a regatta watch has come up as a possibility. still a possibility? any closer to reality?
the "g" is for Greg...
Pipesmoker
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Pipesmoker »

albionphoto wrote:Are there any plans for new complications? How about an annual calendar for example? What changed your mind about skeleton watches? Do you have any pictures of the forthcoming skeleton SH21? Will you ever make a Trident without guilloche?
I would be very interested to hear if there are any plans or any consideration would be given to a watch with a Tide complication
Andy

C60 - Black C11 - Vintage C4 - Phoenix C11 - Ti Extreme C60-600 - Red / White C1 - GMPR C60 - Orange crush
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

I'd snap up a trident with power reserve display. IMHO, tool watches should have one and the capability is there on the SH21.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

albionphoto wrote:Do you have any pictures of the forthcoming skeleton SH21?
+1

This is an exciting one.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

In the past few years, both the development of the SH21 movement and the huge success of the C60 600 have provided springboards to push the company forward. What future developments have you got planned that you hope will be further springboards for the company?
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

welshlad wrote:In the past few years, both the development of the SH21 movement and the huge success of the C60 600 have provided springboards to push the company forward. What future developments have you got planned that you hope will be further springboards for the company?
Second. A great question.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Has the loss of JJ affected timelines for further development of the SH21?
New models in the pipeline?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Lavaine wrote:Has the loss of JJ affected timelines for further development of the SH21?
New models in the pipeline?
I think this question could be expanded to ask about future recruitment plans for a replacement for JJ, or if there aren’t any, what is CW going to do regarding future developments?

Are they for example looking to buy in already developed movements from a third party? Doing nothing on this front could be seen as though they are happy to take a backward step in driving innovation.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Frank Stelzer has been the technical director since JJ's departure. He was also instrumental in the development of the SH21.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

The Trident range continues to be a very popular model. While the two current model sizes sell well, there continues to be a feeling from many that the 43mm is too large yet the 38mm too small. Are CW considering an intermediate case size?
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

richtel wrote:The Trident range continues to be a very popular model. While the two current model sizes sell well, there continues to be a feeling from many that the 43mm is too large yet the 38mm too small. Are CW considering an intermediate case size?
+1

I know it's been asked before but it's still a very relevant question and their viewpoint may have changed now.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by DISJT »

welshlad wrote:
richtel wrote:The Trident range continues to be a very popular model. While the two current model sizes sell well, there continues to be a feeling from many that the 43mm is too large yet the 38mm too small. Are CW considering an intermediate case size?
+1

I know it's been asked before but it's still a very relevant question and their viewpoint may have changed now.
+1
CHRIS