Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Special Edition CWL

Post by Richard D »

Caller wrote:
Richard D wrote:Cookham is also the home of the late great artist Stanley Spencer. The village hosts a permanent exhibition of his work in a converted chapel. A little way down from the gallery there was once a small jewellery store and it’s where I first learnt of a local watchmaker called Christopher Ward.
And (Sir) Stanley Spencer's ashes are buried by the footpath through the Church that featured so prominently in his work. Glad to see I am not the only admirer of one of the UK's great artists here! I used to pay a silent homage before I wandered along that stretch of the Thames on my way to Marlow.
.....and a what a fabulous walk that is.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Superalfa

Post by Superalfa »

When could it be possible to see a 1000m super diver LE by CW? Is such a timepiece in the works? Thanks
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 was a limited edition of 1000 pieces released in August of 2014. It carried a 100 ATM rating.

It has long been sold out, so is only available on the secondary market now. No plans in the works for anything with this rating that I am aware of.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Pipesmoker
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Pipesmoker »

I love my C11 Ti Ex, its at CWL for investigation currently and I do miss it!
Andy

C60 - Black C11 - Vintage C4 - Phoenix C11 - Ti Extreme C60-600 - Red / White C1 - GMPR C60 - Orange crush
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

Camulos wrote:Really stupid question here - what does the L in CWL stand for please?

For relevence, here's my CW ltd edition - the 'submariner' 300.

Didn't realize the 300 Submariner was Ltd Edition. Normally LEs have a Serial Number of XXX/XXX, but my 300 doesn't its jut a plain 022. So is it a limited edition?
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
W1ndy82

Post by W1ndy82 »

Hi everyone,

New member to the site. I know this post was a while back to say the least however has anyone ever come across the 2 RRF C60 Trident Mk1? I served 16years with this Battalion and it would be nice to finally find one. Any help is greatly appreciated.
MT74

Post by MT74 »

Camulos wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:07 pm Really stupid question here - what does the L in CWL stand for please?

That’s one of the generic runs after the limited edition of 60 that was done. Main difference is that the date is at the 4 o’clock position on the original, and there’s bespoke engraving on the back.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

"Maidenhead" on the dial: font size? Centred? Oh my!
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

MT74 wrote:
Camulos wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:07 pm Really stupid question here - what does the L in CWL stand for please?

That’s one of the generic runs after the limited edition of 60 that was done. Main difference is that the date is at the 4 o’clock position on the original, and there’s bespoke engraving on the back.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

None of the Submariner versions of the C60 were ever generic. They were bespoke editions, made in limited numbers, and never made available for sale publicly.

Details of the three bespoke C60 Submariner models produced by CW over the years may be found in the recently revised Bespoke Collection - Military within the CWArchive.

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MT74

Post by MT74 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:38 am
MT74 wrote:

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

None of the Submariner versions of the C60 were ever generic. They were bespoke editions, made in limited numbers, and never made available for sale publicly.

Details of the three bespoke C60 Submariner models produced by CW over the years may be found in the recently revised Bespoke Collection - Military within the CWArchive.

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk
My mistake! Every day’s a school day! 👍🏻