UEFA Champions League Final

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

UEFA Champions League Final

Post by Thegreyman »

Are you going to be watching the final, who do you think will win?

I know there are a few residents of the "Mersey Riviera" round these parts so I expect the Reds have more support here.

I see it as a potentially great final, two teams who only seem to know how to attack and whose offensive qualities far exceed their defensive ones :thumbup:

Is anyone actually going to Kiev for the match?
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: UEFA Champions League Final 26th May

Post by reggie747 »

Indeed I will. I am but an armchair supporter but I'll be glued to the set that night !!
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

I refer you to my statement in the other thread!

smegwina wrote:I would rather tear my own arm off, and repeatedly thwack myself in the testicles with it, whilst poking myself in the eyes with the remaining good arm.
Although I would be hitting myself a tad harder in order to avoid the football!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

This Real Madrid side is quite average (by their lofty standards) and I can see those spawny buggers from across the park sneaking a win.

Will therefore probably try to avoid it and the subsequent years of crowing that will inevitably come.

Yours, an apathetic Evertonian
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Not fussed about the FA Cup, will likely be watching IPL T20 cricket instead.

Champions league final, probably will watch; yes.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Another armchair fan here - obviously hoping for a victory for LFC. I think it will be an exciting game, and I'm looking forward to it - even if it could well be an anxious watch.
Richard
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

smegwina wrote:I refer you to my statement in the other thread!

smegwina wrote:I would rather tear my own arm off, and repeatedly thwack myself in the testicles with it, whilst poking myself in the eyes with the remaining good arm.
Although I would be hitting myself a tad harder in order to avoid the football!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
^^ This! Couldn’t have put it better myself Nick :lol:
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by reggie747 »

sproughton wrote:This Real Madrid side is quite average (by their lofty standards) and I can see those spawny buggers from across the park sneaking a win.

Will therefore probably try to avoid it and the subsequent years of crowing that will inevitably come.

Yours, an apathetic Evertonian
I wouldn't have thought spawny and Champions League Final went in the same sentence.....
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Will definitely be watching it, got to with the way Liverpool have played this season and Real Madrid tend to be just as adventurous.

I hope it lives up to expectations.
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

A big Red fan here - but my holiday planning is such that I will be taking off for Boston at kick-off! :shock: :(

To be fair, I didn't expect us to get this far when I booked it...but we totally deserve to be there, and I'll be hoping my prayers for success are answered as I sit at 36,000 ft.
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

Thegreyman wrote:Are you going to be watching the final, who do you think will win?

I know there are a few residents of the "Mersey Riviera" round these parts so I expect the Reds have more support here.

I see it as a potentially great final, two teams who only seem to know how to attack and who offensive qualities far exceed their defensive ones :thumbup:

Is anyone actually going to Kiev for the match?
The wife and I will be there, lucky enough to say this is my 3rd Champions League final :thumbup:

I’m sure it’s going to be a game filled with goals but I expect it to be a gap of 3 goals either way...obviously i’m hoping that’s our way as opposed to Madrid’s but i think the fact Zizou’s job is potentially brought into question should they lose means we could get taught a lesson if we’re not careful. That said, we can beat anyone on our day and if we play with our usual pace and intensity then I think it’s ours. I said when we drew Man City that if we beat them then it was ours and i’ll stand by that statement for now.
My CW: C60 Trident GMT

Scouse Not English YNWA DONT BUY THE SUN
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by reggie747 »

Warren83 wrote:
The wife and I will be there, Liverpool coy enough to say this is my 3rd Champions League final :thumbup:

I’m sure it’s going to be a game filled with goals but I expect it to be a gap of 3 goals either way...obviously i’m hoping that’s our way as opposed to Madrid’s but i think the fact Zizou’s job is potentially brought into question should they lose means we could get taught a lesson if we’re not careful. That said, we can beat anyone on our day and if we play with our usual pace and intensity then I think it’s ours. I said when we drew Man City that if we beat them then it was ours and i’ll stand by that statement for now.
:clap: :clap:
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Really looking forward to this game, I shall be in Dublin that evening, getting merry and enjoying the hospitality, alongside a Liverpool fan, who's promised us champagne if they lift the trophy.
Come on you Reds !!!

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

I had the chance to go back to Liverpool and watch it with a few mates but I've promised the boy we'll watch it together. We've been sofa watching from the last 16, and we really didn't expect to get this far, so I can hardly let him down now. Anyway, I'm too old for a night on the lash in Liverpool, and it will be a proper night on the lash, either way :lol:

As for the result, if we can come out quick and strong right from the off then we have a chance. If we sit back and try to catch Madrid on the break, I think we'll get pinned and get stung. It's a really difficult one to call as both teams have great attack, but slightly ropey backlines. Could be the highest scoring European Cup FInal in its history :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

26th will be a sportsfest for me.

I'll be at Lord's for the test match, then watch the playoff final (Villa fan), then champions league final.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph