Nearly New / Autumn Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ScousePete
Junior
Junior

Re: Nearly New / Autumn Sale

Post by ScousePete »

Got the email this morning but was swamped at work. Finally get a chance to take a look and everything is "currently out of stock". Disappointing
Vwatch
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Vwatch »

josbrownlie wrote:
Vwatch wrote:oh my...40mm jumping hour and 43mm black black trident gone! well....thanks to server down.
I may have a 40mm mkIII jumping hour available shortly

Delivery confirmation received. Let's wait and see what the postman brings tomorrow
Great to hear that, i think you brought the only one...i try to check out however website down.
You've got luck !
I think the 40mm jumping hour look briliant in person :)
Time is more precious than watches.
koimaster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by koimaster »

ScousePete wrote:Got the email this morning but was swamped at work. Finally get a chance to take a look and everything is "currently out of stock". Disappointing

Yep! Site down and now the 2 watches I wanted for my grandkids are out of stock and if you hit short list you get a redirect to a "page not found". Pretty mickey mouse. Time to buy a marloe watch perhaps, a brand made I England and fee delivery as well.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

koimaster wrote:
ScousePete wrote:Got the email this morning but was swamped at work. Finally get a chance to take a look and everything is "currently out of stock". Disappointing

Yep! Site down and now the 2 watches I wanted for my grandkids are out of stock and if you hit short list you get a redirect to a "page not found". Pretty mickey mouse. Time to buy a marloe watch perhaps, a brand made I England and fee delivery as well.
Sorry to hear that, it's a bit of a shambles. I was curious about the Rosso Corsa, but having just bought an Ascari from James on here I am staying away from this sale.
I love my CW watches but if I do buy again it will be from members on here - it's a lot easier!

I am getting my first Steinhart for Christmas instead.
Johnny
albionprs
Guru
Guru
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

It's back up & runing if you use the links from the first post.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
koimaster
Senior
Senior

Post by koimaster »

albionprs wrote:It's back up & runing if you use the links from the first post.
watches I wanted for the two oldest grandsons are gone. Reminds me of the 2015 forum LE watch I ordered and never had delivered despite emails from wera telling me the watch was reserved. I suppose I will have to drown my disappointment in the 4 new watches I purchased this week, Marathon JSAR, Maurice Lacroix, Frederique Constant and Hamilton Intra Matic. Does not help my grandsons but makes me warm and fuzzy.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Site is running ok and managed to buy a Bader Torro strap.
Fortunately for me I had no intention or desire to buy any of the watches in this sale otherwise I'd have felt really annoyed with the site failure.
Well done to all those that got what they wanted.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Having only got as far as my basket yesterday, I've hopefully managed to buy two straps this morning. If it it doesn't matter.

Not a great sale though.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

DPD pickup pass received. Yippee
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by DISJT »

i wonder if Christopher Ward would benefit form a more staggered approach.

Maybe separate inventory for .com and .co.uk sites or
maybe trident sale one day, flight watches the next, etc
CHRIS
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

or just stop being the DFS of watch brands and buck there fudging ideas up.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
ScousePete
Junior
Junior

Post by ScousePete »

Clach77 wrote: Not a great sale though.
Today is no better. 404 for every shortlist and missing pages for details.
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

golfjunky wrote:or just stop being the DFS of watch brands and buck there fudging ideas up.
Unfortunately that is going to be a very hard habit to break. The revolving "fire sales" are so well known now, that I suspect their core business, of everyday selling watches at retail, has suffered significantly. I for one now own 6 CW watches and didn't pay retail for a single one. The sales also allow the watch touts to restock, so eBay has a year round watch surplus that, although is higher than sale prices, is still cheaper than buying direct, and as the warranty is transferrable, there is no downside to buying from eBay.

The ORANGE CRUSH is a prime example. Limited run and they still haven't managed to shift all the stock and yet they claim its one of the more popular models. The full retail price of a CW is no longer seen as a good price for a quality timepiece.

Whilst I personally love the 50% off sale, they are hurting CW. They need to reduce the discount to maybe 20% at sale time and then people will be less inclined to hold out for sales(/ panic buy), eBay touts will be less inclined to buy up stock for profit, the year round supply on eBay will dry up, and then CW can spread their turnover more evenly throughout the year .
CHRIS
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

The site had an apparent cyber attack, or so I'm told and stock levels were incorrect, so those of you who may have thought they had bought a watch might be getting notification of a cancelation.
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

MarkingTime wrote:The site had an apparent cyber attack, or so I'm told and stock levels were incorrect, so those of you who may have thought they had bought a watch might be getting notification of a cancelation.
I can see many, many people coming down with an attack of "déjà vu"
CHRIS