LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

C9 Manual

Post by Kip »

There is an issue with the manuals for the C9's. It is mentioned in the early manuals that the C9 has a screw down crown.

This is incorrect. The C9 series does not have a screw down crown.

New manuals are currently being printed and will be available shortly. The correct manual is on the website.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/skin/f ... MANUAL.pdf

If you have recieved the your watch with the incorrect manual, and wish to have the correct one when available, just send an email to Wizziethewiz@christopherward.co.uk and state your request.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TorontoMan
CW-watches: 0

Re: C9 Manual

Post by TorontoMan »

Hello, brand new to the forum and you have just ruined my day :( . I have recently ordered the c9, have yet to recieve it and I was definately expecting it to have a screw-down crown. I must have read that somewhere. Anyway, I will wait and see; would hate to use the 60/60 on my first CW. Does anyone have the c9 blackface? what do you think? cheers,
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Post by Monkey »

TorontoMan wrote:Hello, brand new to the forum and you have just ruined my day :( . I have recently ordered the c9, have yet to recieve it and I was definately expecting it to have a screw-down crown. I must have read that somewhere. Anyway, I will wait and see; would hate to use the 60/60 on my first CW. Does anyone have the c9 blackface? what do you think? cheers,

Hi and welcome to the forum......as the C9 is not designed as a divers watch, the lack of a screw down crown wouldn't worry me in the slightest as it wouln't be going near water!!

I guess the best you can do is see what it looks and feels like on, and take it from there?!!
John
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Another welcome. :)

At one time I thought that a screw-in crown was a sign of a quality watch, but I now appreciate it is not necessary on all watches and could actually detract from the 'fine' feel on a dress watch?
Richard
TorontoMan
CW-watches: 0

Post by TorontoMan »

Thank you both, you have put my mind at ease. I suppose I was in the category described by Downer, screw-down = quality. Am looking forward to receiving the real thing and seeing for myself.
cheers,
dp96
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by dp96 »

I've got the C9 GMT (white face) and it is really an awesome watch. You won't be disappointed at all!! The C9 GMT is a bit busy with the GMT hand and it took me a couple of days of wear to get used to it - but, other than that, the watch is definitely an eye-catcher - I've gotten compliments from someone each day that I have worn it! 8)
Nobby
CW-watches: 1

Post by Nobby »

I am also new to the forum and CW and have ordered and eagerly awaiting delivery of my C9 GTM. I'm really pleased to hear such positive comments. This will also be my first quality automatic watch. I've done some research recently into watches and have discovered a facinating world of detail I never knew existed. I think I'm hooked and destined to be a collector and watch geek. I have a question, what do forum members recommend in terms of servicing CW watches. I mean in terms of fequency and who do you trust to do a good job. Is it something you can learn to do yourself in time?
geoffwho

Post by geoffwho »

TorontoMan wrote:Hello, brand new to the forum and you have just ruined my day :( . I have recently ordered the c9, have yet to recieve it and I was definately expecting it to have a screw-down crown. I must have read that somewhere. Anyway, I will wait and see; would hate to use the 60/60 on my first CW. Does anyone have the c9 blackface? what do you think? cheers,
Rest easy. I've had the black C9 GMT since November. You won't be disappointed.