what led you to Christopher Ward?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Rbates15
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Re: what led you to Christopher Ward?

Post by Rbates15 »

A watch caught my eye in a meeting that was quite large and I did not know everyone, so I stalked it out for a while before I finally went up and asked the guy what kind of watch it was... CW C40 Speedhawk in Black on a black and red leather band (as someone else stated earlier in another post, it looks like the Tag Carrerra from a distance). the next day, on my flight home, there was a CW advertisement in the in-flight magazine. I logged in while in teh air to buy a C40, but they were a discontinued style. I "settled" for a C60 GMT 600 and have been buying CW watches ever since.

I can also say, from 3 first-hand accounts, that their customer service has been EXCEPTIONAL in helping me out with different things!
Will8
Junior
Junior

Post by Will8 »

Youtube watch collectors like Urban and Armand got me into looking into CW.
N2DEEP
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by N2DEEP »

my dive buddy has a C11 from his family as a gift ..he knew nothing about them ...
of all the divers I have the C11 he has is the very legible dial and hard wearing case ...
so I purchased one to try ...............yep they are excellent under the water ....look kewl as well out on the day travels .
Oh look--- Its winethirty
dony.habibie
Junior
Junior

Post by dony.habibie »

I found CWL by browsing the internet, I saw good reviews in watchitallabout, worn&wound and also abtw. At first my choice fell to STOWA and then Steinhart. But being a niche watch collector, I took my leap of faith with CWL. My first watch (a CW C1000 Typhoon FGR4 Ceramic Cockpit Edition) is on its way. Can't wait to have it in my wrist!
Casio Edifice EQS-1000DB-1AV | STOWA Antea KS 355| Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 44 ST1 | REC-P51-01 | Garmin Fenix 3HR Sapphire | Straits Foundry Maiden Voyage | Junghans Meister Chronoscope Telemeter Silver Dial | Bulova Moon Watch
gsrai
Junior
Junior

Post by gsrai »

I really have no idea how I found CW but once I saw the Malvern I knew I had to have one, it was just the perfect dress watch for me. I wore it today after a long time and it still makes me feel good after all these years.

What appeals to me is the elegance of some of the designs and how unique they are.

I so regret not getting a C11 and can't make my mind up on which trident 300 colour to get :(
raseven2000
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by raseven2000 »

Haven't made the move on a new C60 Trident 600 or GMT yet, but I clicked on a banner ad a few weeks ago and I'm slowly deciding whether I want the Pro 600 or GMT. Any help anyone could extend would be appreciated.
C60 Trident 300 MK1
C60 Trident Pro 600
C9 JH MKIII
C9 5 Day
Breitling Avenger Seawolf
Tag Heuer Formula 1
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

raseven2000 wrote:Haven't made the move on a new C60 Trident 600 or GMT yet, but I clicked on a banner ad a few weeks ago and I'm slowly deciding whether I want the Pro 600 or GMT. Any help anyone could extend would be appreciated.
I recently purchased the C60 Trident GMT 600m and I love it.
I went for the white dial, black bezel 43mm version.
The reason I went for the GMT version was because firstly I hadn't a watch in my collection with a GMT complication, the 2893 movement is supposed to be a slightly nicer movement and I wanted a really special watch to replace the Forum Limited Edition I sold to buy it.
jaybo41

Post by jaybo41 »

A good friend of mine who's a watch guy suggested that I look at Christopher Ward when I told him I was in search of a dive watch, not that I dive :lol: Something about them just looks and feels right to me, so I had a look and found many amazing pieces to consider. The clearance sale put me over the edge, I simply could hold out no longer!

I love the fact the brand is an up and coming and that you don't see them all over the place. Not on a lot of people's wrists, not here in jewelry stores and not even a lot of mention of them. This would be counter productive to sales and growth of the company but I'm sure, but I'm enjoying what feels like exclusive luxury. Knowing that I'm now the owner of such a beautiful and well made time piece, with a brand name that is not over publicized, overpriced and over rated gives me a sense of personal satisfaction. Lastly, my family's heritage is from the UK so there's somewhat of a connection there also.

Beautiful pieces team CW, please keep up the great work! :clap:
Carlito149
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Carlito149 »

I saw good feedbacks on the forums.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

There are other forums? :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Evinnon

Post by Evinnon »

Initially I was looking at Seiko or Citizen dive watches. But when I saw a wavy dial design from another watch brand, I decided my next watch must have this feature. The CW dive series hit all the checkmarks on quality and design at a reasonable price point.
Carlito149
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Carlito149 »

I know you dont belive me, but there are 8)
Bigmac146
Junior
Junior

Post by Bigmac146 »

I'm a massive fan of watches non of the people I know have heard off and a colleague got one as a gift so I headed to this forum to check them out. Must say I really like a few already. And the forum seems great
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

A work colleague happened to mention that he collected watches from a company called Christopher Ward and then proceeded to give me the rundown on the brand and it's story. I then went online and looked it up for myself. I saw the Trident and the rest, as they say, is history. I've just returned the favour by introducing another work mate to the delights of CW. He asked for and received a C65 Trident for Chrimbo, from his good lady. Just gotta spread the lurv.
Steve.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

If your work mates are not yet members, you need to get them in here! :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.