'Nearly new'

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

'Nearly new'

Post by MadJam250 »

Have noticed that across various threads members have been saying that watches that have been returned under the 60/60 then make up part of the 'nearly new' items at a sale event. This would make sense but from what I recall reading, a 'nearly new' item is one that has previously been used for marketing or promotional use only. If that is the case what happens to the items that are returned under the 60/60? Are these returns then sent back out as new or are they indeed put aside for a 'nearly new' sale after all?

As the 60/60 is generous and no doubt taken advantage of alot, I'd have thought all returns be inspected and then classed as suitable to be resold as new or put aside for the next 'nearly new' sale? Does anyone know for sure what constitutes a 'nearly new' stock item?
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: 'Nearly new'

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I thought it was known that NN items include both returned stock and promotional items. I hope CW does not remarket returned items as brand new. Selling barely-used watches at a small discount via the NN sale is the right thing to do.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Devarika Woulf wrote:I thought it was known that NN items include both returned stock and promotional items. I hope CW does not remarket returned items as brand new. Selling barely-used watches at a small discount via the NN sale is the right thing to do.
I'm not sure if any returned goods are allowed to be resold as brand new. There must be some legal stuff on this in one of the Sales of Goods Acts. anybody know for certain please?
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Returned items have to be in perfect condition, so they can be sold again as new.

A shop will let you try on a watch, and they will definitely still sell it as new.

The only difference is that CW lets you try it at home.
If you mark it in any way, it can't be returned.

It's the same for mail order clothing, they check and repackage it and send back out the door as if it was new.

Probably some returns end up as NN, but most are sold again as new.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

hughesyn wrote:Returned items have to be in perfect condition, so they can be sold again as new.

A shop will let you try on a watch, and they will definitely still sell it as new.

The only difference is that CW lets you try it at home.
If you mark it in any way, it can't be returned.

It's the same for mail order clothing, they check and repackage it and send back out the door as if it was new.

Probably some returns end up as NN, but most are sold again as new.
..... What he said would be my interpretation and understanding.
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I'm not sure that anyone here would have the definitive answer as to what constitutes "Nearly New".

Perhaps if you made a quick telephone call to CW HQ you might find out and let the membership here know.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Who cares? All I know is when I have purchased a NN watch it has arrived in mint condition at discounted price so I don't care if it's ex display,returned stock or used in a photo shoot
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by teestech »

hughesyn wrote:If you mark it in any way, it can't be returned.
I'm not sure this is actually the case, when reading the 60:60 details on the CWL website.
As I mentioned in another thread:
teestech wrote:60 day returns are 'without excuses or quibbles'
CWL Website wrote:You have up to 60 days to make up your mind about any order. As long as we receive the returned watch within two months of the receipt of your order, we’ll exchange it or give you a full refund, no questions asked.
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by nigelb001 »

scooter wrote:Perhaps if you made a quick telephone call to CW HQ you might find out and let the membership here know.
Good call. Better than putting up threads where everybody second guesses and give their own opinions. It's CWL's version that counts.

Me, I'm ok with this NN thing having received a NN C3 Chrono that was perfect in every way, so don't particularly care.
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Paul Drawmer »

teestech wrote:
hughesyn wrote:If you mark it in any way, it can't be returned.
I'm not sure this is actually the case, when reading the 60:60 details on the CWL website.
As I mentioned in another thread:
teestech wrote:60 day returns are 'without excuses or quibbles'
CWL Website wrote:You have up to 60 days to make up your mind about any order. As long as we receive the returned watch within two months of the receipt of your order, we’ll exchange it or give you a full refund, no questions asked.
From the refund page on the CW website:
"Make sure you return the item to us in perfect condition and in the original packaging".
There's always time for one more.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

Thanks Paul - settled it for me.
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

Paul Drawmer wrote:From the refund page on the CW website:
"Make sure you return the item to us in perfect condition and in the original packaging".
Thanks Paul, that does seem clear. Perhaps some tidying up and updating of the 60:60 pages is required to make sure that's clear on there as well. No questions asked no quibble returns usually means just that.
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

scooter wrote:I'm not sure that anyone here would have the definitive answer as to what constitutes "Nearly New".

Perhaps if you made a quick telephone call to CW HQ you might find out and let the membership here know.

scooter
From what I understand others have been in touch with CW re this and the answers are confusing.

Kip, could you act as intermediary to settle this answer if possible please? ie. official line on where nearly new watches come from and, as has also been raised by others, if returned items can be sent back out as new. Thanks
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

I am sure Kip is busy with forum matters at the moment.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

OP - FFS....

Kip - nothing to see or defend here....