Liquid filled watch case: How I modified my Kingfisher C6

Documentation and CW-related information
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: Liquid filled watch case: How I modified my Kingfisher C

Post by asqwerth »

Go search his other posts for his home-built watch-winder and pressure-tester projects.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
iskander
Junior
Junior

Post by iskander »

Will do
Timinwales
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Timinwales »

Fascinating read, thoroughly enjoyed it, and your pictures of the results.. I've always said its amazing what you can get from Amazon .. Good luck with the patent, simple engineering solutions are always far more effective than over complex ones imo .. Great stuff.. Off to find more of your projects now!!
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1
Auto~Hamilton Khaki Field~Stienhart Ocean1(Premium Blue)~Seiko Blumo~Garrard Vintage~SKX013~Orient Field
Solar~Citizen Nighthawk(Ti)~Seiko Solar Dive
Quartz~Sector Chrono~Rotary Sub~Luminox SEAL (Ti)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

28800bph wrote:I thought I'd add an update -- this original C6 mod is still running strong, it's had one battery change since 2010. The U.S. patent issued in 2012.

I don't offer any filling services, instead I've been focusing on manufacture of a watch with this feature. It has a few other unique attributes -- it's solar-powered, and it has remote setting so there is no crown. In fact it has no seals at all, the crystal and case are one single piece of continuous acrylic. It survives thermal shocks and mud/grit that would kill most other dive watches. It has some export controlled technology and some other proprietary aspects, so it's not offered for marketing or sale to general public.
Our resident Knight has been quiet for the past year, so I am hopeful that he is progressing forward with manufacturing.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
davidwatkinson1

Post by davidwatkinson1 »

The effect looks dramatic in the pictures. I wonder how much people would pay to have their quartz watches fluid filled? Considering the impact on subsequent battery changes?

Perhaps a solar watch would be a better candidate? Give casio or citizen a call.

Anyway, well done.
iampaul87

Post by iampaul87 »

This is great. Enjoyed the read thanks for posting it
Jian

Post by Jian »

What a great watch! How about a quartz watch with a separate battery compartment or a mech watch with only fluid between the dial and crystal? Just a thought and a real 1st if CW did it!
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Jian wrote:What a great watch! How about a quartz watch with a separate battery compartment or a mech watch with only fluid between the dial and crystal? Just a thought and a real 1st if CW did it!
Unfortunately CW no longer consider quartz to be proper watches, so it is unlikely.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Boydesian
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Liquid filled watch case: How I modified my Kingfisher C6

Post by Boydesian »

smegwina wrote:
Jian wrote:What a great watch! How about a quartz watch with a separate battery compartment or a mech watch with only fluid between the dial and crystal? Just a thought and a real 1st if CW did it!
Unfortunately CW no longer consider quartz to be proper watches, so it is unlikely.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Yes. And here's me having recently purchased one of their no-longer-proper crystal powered jobbies. But then, I guess quartz, even thermo-compensated COSC certified quartz, is just something they pass on to the ignorant proles now. Suitable only to trade in towards one their new 9 o'clock horrors.
Whare hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Whare hae ye been sae brankie, O?
Came ye by Killiecrankie, O?
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

i think you will find that Ressence watches have taken that award. they look amazing!
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Boydesian
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Boydesian »

golfjunky wrote:
i think you will find that Ressence watches have taken that award. they look amazing!
They do at that. Too big for me (and too expensive) but fantastic machines nevertheless.
Whare hae ye been sae brankie, O?
Came ye by Killiecrankie, O?
Mgstax
Senior
Senior

Post by Mgstax »

Unbelievable. Congratulations. I know you did this year's ago, but it is incredible.
Cheers
Mike
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

Mgstax wrote:Unbelievable. Congratulations. I know you did this year's ago, but it is incredible.

And that, my friend, is nothing compared to another of his projects ... check out http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... er&start=0
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
topgunn
Junior
Junior

Post by topgunn »

Fantastic, never knew they made watches filled with liquid.
Kmon
Junior
Junior

Post by Kmon »

Very interesting. Very well explained too. Could you add some under water shots?