Post by dcooper430 »

Any chance on another dbr1?
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Questions for the "Chat with Chris-2015"

Post by rgb »

SimonB wrote:I asked last year if any further 38mm diameter watches were planned . We were told that Mr Ward thought that 40mm diameter was "the sweet spot" - perhaps that's Mr Wards "sweet spot " but it's not mine - so it is possible to ask again if there will be any 38mm diameter watches planned . Specifically a C65 as we've seen a smaller C60
A C65 at 38mm may indeed be a sweet-spot size seeing how (IMHO) the 42 wears so large. :thumbup:
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by MadJam250 »

Agree totally. I love my C65 but, for me, a 40mm would be perfect and the further option of a 38mm (a la the C60 variants) would be a good thing too.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I would like to remind everyone that the time/date for the "Chat with Chris-2015" is rapidly approaching.

Detailed information is available here.

The chat is scheduled for September 9th at 19:00 GMT.

Please remember that we have arranged to have some very special guests on this chat. In addition to Christopher Ward, we will be joined by another founder of CWL, Mike France. Jörg Bader, CEO of Synergies Horlogeres, inventor of the "Bader Buckle" and Johannes Jahnke (JJ), father of the SH21 movement will also be online. All will be taking time from their busy schedules to join us from Biel Switzerland at the HQ of Synergies Horlogeres.

While trying to dig up as much info as we can regarding new releases etc., having this esteemed group together provides us with a tremendous opportunity for some in depth questions that we might not otherwise be able to ask. Lets take advantage of this and get those questions posted!

As I stated in the announcement, the timing is such that the new magazine should be out as well as new model announcements and you will also be able to give some important feedback.

Please continue to use this area for your questions.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

asqwerth wrote:
Magnus wrote:When can we expect a SH21 chronograph?
Or an alternative - what's the next variation/complication on the SH21 we can expect to see?
Building on this theme, given that one of the added values of the SH21 movement is the 5 day power reserve, I am surprised that we have not seen a watch with a power reserve indicator. A lot of watches with extended power reserve (e.g. IWC, Grand Seiko) make a feature of this.

Is this something the CW has considered and rejected?
Richard
chrisedwards
Guru
Guru

Post by chrisedwards »

downer wrote:
asqwerth wrote:
Magnus wrote:When can we expect a SH21 chronograph?
Or an alternative - what's the next variation/complication on the SH21 we can expect to see?
Building on this theme, given that one of the added values of the SH21 movement is the 5 day power reserve, I am surprised that we have not seen a watch with a power reserve indicator. A lot of watches with extended power reserve (e.g. IWC, Grand Seiko) make a feature of this.

Is this something the CW has considered and rejected?
Bring back the Beckett's! :)
CWs: C40 IPK, C1 Bel Canto Nero and C12 ‘Twelve’ blue titanium

Others: don't ask..!
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

^ minus the copyright Issues. :lol:
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
chrisedwards
Guru
Guru

Post by chrisedwards »

ddav wrote:^ minus the copyright Issues. :lol:
It could be relaunched as the C90 Bucketts :)

Gutted I sold mine last year.. damn you financial hardship!
CWs: C40 IPK, C1 Bel Canto Nero and C12 ‘Twelve’ blue titanium

Others: don't ask..!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Additional questions via pm....

We have noted that the C65 rose gold's have black on black date wheels and white on white. Will this change be made to the rest of the C65’s and CWL models where needed or appropriate?

Are you working on any other movements, such as something that would replace the need for the SW200 and ETA 2824?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I like the 2nd question.

Took me a moment to work out the first one. My literal brain was screaming: " Black on black wouldn't show up!" Then I realised they meant black date wheel on black dial. D'oh! :oops:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I like the 2nd question.

Took me a moment to work out the first one. My literal brain was screaming: " Black on black wouldn't show up!" Then I realised they meant black date wheel on black dial. D'oh! :oops:
And that is why we keep you locked away in the vintage section!!!! ;) :D
Amor Vincit Omnia

Too-shay! :clap:
I'll get back in my vintage box! :wave:
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
joegrundy
Junior
Junior

Post by joegrundy »

Just to add more weight to the smaller C65 requests. Having collected various watches including all types and sizes I've honed in on the sweet spot for me which is an all-rounder sized at 38-40mm. On my wrist at the moment is a Seiko SARB033... other examples might be a Sinn 556, Smiths Everest, or money allowing, Rolex Explorer. A smaller C65 would definitely fit the bill and I would be first in the queue.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

More questions via pm.....

Why are there no model numbers on the watch cases? Do you not think this would be valuable for ID purposes and to collectors in the future?

Since the company seems to be ridding itself of #1's and prototypes via auctions, I am wondering how you see the overall legacy of Christopher Ward? Will you keep the original C5 #1 and prototypes?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Amor Vincit Omnia

Transcript of an idea from another thread, about the website. Several agreed quite quickly. I don't think the valuable time of Johannes, Jörg &c. should be over-occupied by this, but it might merit a mention if time permits. Like, any thoughts? After all, for an internet based company your site is your shop window.
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
7ee wrote: It can be a little offputting the amount of variations on certain models now... but, you only have to look at cars and phones etc. where choice in colour combinations to fit the buyers wishes seems to be all the rage, I guess CW have caught onto this trend nicely.
Agreed. Perhaps my problem is with the website, where clicking on a page, say "white tridents" for example, shows up to dozens of thumbnails of what are at first sight identical watches, with the actual variation being the strap/bracelet and sometimes the bezel. Similar with the C3, C5 &c. where you have all the dial colour variations and strap variations as well.

I am wondering whether a bit of clever website development along the lines of "Configure my CW" would be appropriate? A lot of car and watch companies seem to do this. How would that interior look with red leather trim? How would that watch look with a purple dial? Or is that perhaps too ambitious for a relatively small company?
Steve