The First CW Product Announcement At TZ?

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

The First CW Product Announcement At TZ?

Post by joerattz »

Well folks, I think my work is done. Jorge Merino posted a new product announcement today at TZ for the KingFisher. I believe this is a CW first and I would like to think that I had a small role in that happening. =D> =D> =D>

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... v=&reveal=
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: The First CW Product Announcement At TZ?

Post by El Tiempo »

Joe, who is Jorge Moreno and how did you influence his post? Interestingly enough, he mentions in his post the M-16. I've been looking at these the last few weeks. I just may end up getting one.
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

I think he mentions MI-6, rather than the M-16.
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Peter, what is the Ml-6? Do tell.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

El Tiempo wrote:Joe, who is Jorge Moreno and how did you influence his post? Interestingly enough, he mentions in his post the M-16. I've been looking at these the last few weeks. I just may end up getting one.
He does all the new product announcements at TZ. I guess he is a TZ employee, if they have employees. He has a TZ email address.

The reason I feel I am involved is because I have felt for a while that if CW is really going to take off, he needs more WIS acceptance, and the only way I think he is going to get that is to get some street cred at TZ. So, back in July, I PM'd Jorge to ask why I never saw any CW product announcements at TZ, and what the criteria was for having a product announcement there. Jorge informed me that no one from CW had ever contacted TZ to get a product announcement posted. He went on to mention that there are no specific criteria for announcing new products and then he went on to name a few characteristics that are usually desired for them to announce a product, such as having mechanical movements or specialized quartz movements like kinetic or eco-drive. He also went on to state that the CW site didn't provide the information like the movements in the watches and sizes, etc, which is actually wrong. He had some misconceptions about CW watches, such as he didn't seem to be aware that there are mechanical movement watches and that all the information like movement, case size, etc is on the site. I let him know all this.

On August 21, I emailed Chris and recommended that he contact Jorge at TZ to arrange product announcements. I mentioned that perhaps the KF isn't a model they would be interested in because of the quartz movement, but certainly the white Aviator would be.

Now, it is entirely possible that my input on both sides of this had nothing to do with it actually happening, but I can't help but feel it did.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Good work, man!
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by peterh »

El Tiempo wrote:Peter, what is the Ml-6? Do tell.
MI6 is James Bond's employer. ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI6

I'd be weary of buying anything that would be called M-16... all I know about the M-16 is that it's an assault rifle (and one with a rather shaky history, I might add).
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by peterh »

joerattz wrote:Now, it is entirely possible that my input on both sides of this had nothing to do with it actually happening, but I can't help but feel it did.
I think you can be pretty sure.
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

And the CW ladies Encore is also posted by Jorge Merino:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... sg_3154221