Lotus Seven Club C3

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Lotus Seven Club C3

Post by akirk »

Stunning - what a great result to give a fantastic watch, very special.
if you are ever in the Cotswolds with car and watch swing by!

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
MattC
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by MattC »

Very nice indeed, especially the number 7.

Matt, proud Westfield owner!
MkI C60 Chronometer
MkII C60
Orient Mako Diver
GMT Master II 116710BLNR
Submariner 116610LV
Samsung fit smartwatch thingy
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

Brilliant watch Alex - the 7 really works well.
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Great watch :thumbup:
Once owned a S4 seven not the best looking seven (plastic) but great fun
Well done on the watch
Simon57
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Simon57 »

Love that watch, really do. If one ever comes up for sale it'd be very tempted... Let us know if you struggle to sell the allocation!
Christopher Ward x7 // Oris // Tag Heuer // Longines x2 // Nomos // Seiko // Orient x2 // Vostok x2
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Very nice indeed, Alex! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Simon57 wrote:Love that watch, really do. If one ever comes up for sale it'd be very tempted... Let us know if you struggle to sell the allocation!
Simon - Feel free to order one if you wish. :thumbup: The plan was to have a few more than were pre-ordered so they could appear on the site. Just use the search function to look for 'Lotus'. You'll not deprive a club member of one. And even if you do, they should have bought one sooner. :lol:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Simon57
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Simon57 »

I will give it due consideration after a little check of my finances, thank you. I do like a limited edition and I'm a sucker for that little 7...
Christopher Ward x7 // Oris // Tag Heuer // Longines x2 // Nomos // Seiko // Orient x2 // Vostok x2
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I personally would have made the 12 marker the same size as the 3, 6, and 9 so it didn't have to compete with the L7C logo for room; it's a bid crowded up there. Likewise, I would have made 7 the same size as well but had it stand out just simply by that unique skeleton marker. I also would moved the CHR.WARD logo down and to the left a little bit for balance. Regardless, it looks good and is pretty cool. Why did you ask them to make a black dial? Did you think the members wouldn't care for charcoal? This is the only way to get a C3 MK II in the classic black. That's mighty appealing to me. It'd be a cool alternative if I sold my black C3 MK I.

Is the black dial galvanic or matt?
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Clach77 wrote:Just use the search function to look for 'Lotus'.
Search the UK site, in case a US site user is confused.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Clach77 »

Alasdair - it's a part of the country I've not visited. I might get there one day.

DW - black was chosen as when I gave the colour options to club members I offered black, not mentioning charcoal. Mainly as I liked the MkI black colour. It was clearly the popular choice. It's a flat black, not galvanic.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Scrogg wrote:
st-rider wrote:BTW may need to modify back pic if you don't want to give out registration no. (notice car pic it's obscured).
Why are people bothered by this?

Far more people see your registration number driving on the road than ever will on a forum (especially one that isn't car-related) so what is the danger?

(Sorry for going OT, but it's something that always puzzled me on car forums I've been a member of in the past)
If you're in somewhere far far away and suddenly start getting Congestion Zone charges as someone has cloned your number plate you'll change your mind fast.
A colleagues cousin was hit, he's based in Aberdeen and had to jump through multiple hoops to prove that neither his car or he were in London on the relevant days.

It's very difficult to prove you weren't there if your car is in the Garage and you work in a remote location with no traffic or other cameras.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Scrogg wrote:
st-rider wrote:BTW may need to modify back pic if you don't want to give out registration no. (notice car pic it's obscured).
Why are people bothered by this?

Far more people see your registration number driving on the road than ever will on a forum (especially one that isn't car-related) so what is the danger?

(Sorry for going OT, but it's something that always puzzled me on car forums I've been a member of in the past)
If you're in somewhere far far away and suddenly start getting Congestion Zone charges as someone has cloned your number plate you'll change your mind fast.
A colleagues cousin was hit, he's based in Aberdeen and had to jump through multiple hoops to prove that neither his car or he were in London on the relevant days.

It's very difficult to prove you weren't there if your car is in the Garage and you work in a remote location with no traffic or other cameras.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by akirk »

Clach77 wrote:Alasdair - it's a part of the country I've not visited. I might get there one day.
Do, I know some nice driving roads around here :)

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Clach77 »

As a post script to this thread, last year I bought the ‘last’ club watch in a clearance sale. I plan was to auction it for the L7C club charity, Race against Dementia. I posted about this on the club forum, and it was suggested that a raffle might raise more. £10 per ticket and open only to club members to comply with rules on such things.

I’m delighted to say that the watch raised £1450 for RaD. So thanks to the generosity of the Club membership, the watch did very well. :thumbup: