What size is your wrist size?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

What size is your wrist size?

Men
No votes
6.2 inches (157mm) to 6.5 inches (165mm)
12%
6.5" (165mm) to 7.25" (184mm)
41%
7.25" (184mm) to 7.75" (197mm)
32%
7.75" (197mm) to 8.0" (203mm)
7%
8.0" (8.65mm) to 9.25" (235mm)
7%
9.25" (235mm) plus
No votes
Ladies
No votes
6.0" (152mm) to 6.2" (157mm)
1%
6.2" (157mm to 6.5" (165mm)
No votes
6.5" (165mm) to 7.1" (180mm)
No votes
7.1" (180mm) to 7.7" (196mm)
1%
7.75" (197mm) plus
No votes

Total votes: 138

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: What size is your wrist size?

Post by Kip »

Konketsu wrote:Most of the current CW men's leather straps are 21cm, but does anyone know what range of wrist sizes this allows for when attached to a watch, say a C9 for instance, from the shortest hole to the longest length?

Most "regular" size straps I see for sale on other site are around 19cm, so is there any reason why a 21cm strap was chosen as CW's regular?

We must remember that CWL is not a strap manufacturer. When you consider all the models, colors and sizes of straps, you are talking about a lot of inventory. The goal, I believe, is to have straps that will cover the majority of the public while maintaining a controlable inventory. Having an overlap of sizes would offer the buyer some options if they are borderline on a size.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Kip wrote:
Konketsu wrote:Most of the current CW men's leather straps are 21cm, but does anyone know what range of wrist sizes this allows for when attached to a watch, say a C9 for instance, from the shortest hole to the longest length?

Most "regular" size straps I see for sale on other site are around 19cm, so is there any reason why a 21cm strap was chosen as CW's regular?

We must remember that CWL is not a strap manufacturer. When you consider all the models, colors and sizes of straps, you are talking about a lot of inventory. The goal, I believe, is to have straps that will cover the majority of the public while maintaining a controlable inventory. Having an overlap of sizes would offer the buyer some options if they are borderline on a size.
CW are one of the few manufacturers whose "standard" strap fits my wrist, so I urge them to keep the longer straps. If they need to bring in a smaller strap for the twigs then fair enough, but please keep the longer ones for the gorillas!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I believe what CWL is attempting to do is come up with 3 or 4 length straps for men and possibly 2 or 3 for the ladies. This is all a result of the ladies collection being phased out and straps being needed for the smaller sizes and wrists. This would seem like a good time to investigate the options....which is why the vote.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Kip wrote:I believe what CWL is attempting to do is come up with 3 or 4 length straps for men and possibly 2 or 3 for the ladies. This is all a result of the ladies collection being phased out and straps being needed for the smaller sizes and wrists. This would seem like a good time to investigate the options....which is why the vote.
Cheers Kip, I hoped that was the case, but in the past with other manufacturers, the longer straps seem to get phased out once the shorter ones. (They always seem to be out of stock!)
chrisw
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by chrisw »

my wrist is 7.5" but I have been wearing a very small Omega all week and Im coming round to thinking I actually prefer watches from around 33mm to 40mm I think i may be quite glad when this fashion for ever larger watches is over.
C60 blue
C60 GMT mk2.
C8 mk2 vintage blk
C9 BDD
C15
C70 DType
C65 SWS
Bulova presisionist
Tag Carrera
Rado xeramo
Omega Seamaster
Garrad 9ct
GS SBGX 065
Rolex Datejust
Longine h flagship
Omega Deville coaixal 18ct
Tudor Oyster Royal
Seiko sarb 035
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

As there are hardly any responses for women's sizes, I tried to cast a vote for wrist sizes for my wife and a couple of my daughters (all CW wearers). I quickly realised that all I was doing was simply recasting my vote into a different category :problem: Sooo... I reset my vote to my wrist size and I'll list the women's sizes here - maybe Kip can add them to the tally?

My wrist varies from 7.25" to around 7.5", so I'm in the 7.25" (184mm) to 7.75" (197mm) group (where my vote is now and finally cast)

My wife is just over 5'10" and her wrist is in the 6.5" (165mm) to 7.1" (180mm) group.
One daughter is in the 6.5" (165mm) to 7.1" (180mm) group and;
the other is in the 6.0" (152mm) to 6.2" (157mm) group.
Both girls are shorter, only about 5'4"-5'5" - they are both adults however, so these are valid adult sizes.

Hope this will help the tally... :)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Similarly I had this problem my wife is 6.25"
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Serlo »

Why don't we have another thread: What size is your wife's wrist size? :D

Andreas
Andreas
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

I was on holiday so I missed the chat. So, my vote is a bit late. I have a 7" wrist.

Yesterday I received a C5 Slimline with a standard buckle and I'm wearing it three holes from the smallest adjustment. Most CWs I've purchased with the deployment buckle were too large and I replaced them with a smaller strap with a standard buckle. I'm a happy camper with the strap on the new C5 Slimline. ( Although I may be the only one.) :lol:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by gbbird »

I find CW straps to be too large, often getting away with the last or second to last hole. A variety of strap sizes to choose from would be great
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
daftpunk
Junior
Junior

Post by daftpunk »

I have a 7.5" inch wrist. I've always thought I had small wrists but it would seem they are average.
CW:
C11 Makaira
C20 Lido

Non-CW:
Longines Master Collection Moonphase Retrograde
Longines Hydroconquest
Citizen promaster carbon JY0075-54E
Garmin Fenix 3 HR
G-Shock GW7900B-1
Watching
Junior
Junior

Post by Watching »

These survey results might be even more useful when it comes to watch sizes for CW. Should the CW customer base mostly have 6.5" wrists, then dinner plate sized watches aren't going to cut it for future watch models ;)
JRAD
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by JRAD »

You can please some of the people some of the time...

I frankly like the sizes of the watches that CWL is producing. I think they fall in nicely and are not too large or too small for my taste. And despite a fairly small wrist (even on a gorilla like me) they seem to fit with proper adjusting.
C8KVKT Pilot Mk II - U-2 Vintage Edition #1184!
C60 GMT w/Bracelet and Orange Leather Strap
Bueche Girod
Bulova Marine Star

Funding my addiction through photography. Feel free to make reckless purchases at http://www.jonathanradin.com
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

My position is that if you're going to have straps that fit slimmer wrists or women's wrists, there should appropriately be more watches with case sizes that fit these smaller wrists and straps.

And for watches that they hope will appeal to both men and women, I hope CWL are not going to draw a line and say the smallest they're going to do from now on is 40mm.

Look at the C61: 38mm and great size. The 38 and 39mm C5s.

Instead, now you have only 40mm for Slimline, the planned JH, and the smaller SH calibre watches.

I don't mind a few 40mms (my Damasko, Citizen chrono), but PLEASE have at least one or two sub-40mms as well!
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Watching
Junior
Junior

Post by Watching »

It's dress watches where I suggest sub-40mm is needed. On something with a thin bezel and unuttered face, then >40mm can look too big for a dress watch. (It was the only thing that put me off buying a Stowa Marine.)

Different on something like a diver, of course, where I'd suggest over 40mm is de rigeur.