Steinhart Germany

A place to discuss other watch-brands
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Re: Steinhart Germany

Post by blowfish89 »

jvm32 wrote:Really fancy a GMT Ocean 1 Blue Red, but out of stock.

On their website it states 'New orders can be placed as off approx week 37 !', has this header been there for a while and not accurate anymore, or does anyone thing more will be coming in to stock shortly?

I've taken a diary note for a couple of weeks time to check, I hope it is accurate.
The note was put up about 4 days ago, so it is accurate (I check the Steinhart website everyday). New GMTs should be coming in about 10 days from now. I will get either the GMT pepsi or the O1V, but cannot decide which.
jvm32
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by jvm32 »

blowfish89 wrote:
jvm32 wrote:Really fancy a GMT Ocean 1 Blue Red, but out of stock.

On their website it states 'New orders can be placed as off approx week 37 !', has this header been there for a while and not accurate anymore, or does anyone thing more will be coming in to stock shortly?

I've taken a diary note for a couple of weeks time to check, I hope it is accurate.
The note was put up about 4 days ago, so it is accurate (I check the Steinhart website everyday). New GMTs should be coming in about 10 days from now. I will get either the GMT pepsi or the O1V, but cannot decide which.
Brilliant, thanks for confirming. I'll be ordering one once stock comes back in then.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

jvm32 wrote:
blowfish89 wrote: The note was put up about 4 days ago, so it is accurate (I check the Steinhart website everyday). New GMTs should be coming in about 10 days from now. I will get either the GMT pepsi or the O1V, but cannot decide which.
Brilliant, thanks for confirming. I'll be ordering one once stock comes back in then.
If you are in the UK, you can order right away from Neil at Chronomaster (though price is higher than Steinhart, especially for US people).
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

blowfish89 wrote:
jvm32 wrote:
blowfish89 wrote: The note was put up about 4 days ago, so it is accurate (I check the Steinhart website everyday). New GMTs should be coming in about 10 days from now. I will get either the GMT pepsi or the O1V, but cannot decide which.
If you are in the UK, you can order right away from Neil at Chronomaster (though price is higher than Steinhart, especially for US people).
I am indeed in the UK, thanks I'll look in to that.
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

Sorry quick follow up question, I've never used chronomaster before, I take it that it's a safe site to order from?

The watch comes in marginally more expensive, but if it means that I can get my hands on it sooner then I'm happy to pay a slight premium.

Thanks
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by TempusFugit »

Neil at Chronomaster is perfectly trustworthy. I've bought a couple of watches from him. You won't have a problem.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
mattk
Guru
Guru

Post by mattk »

£50 more than Steinhart, I'll wait thanks.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

100% agree that Chronomaster is a safe site, and Neil is a great guy. However, he does not have a massive stock, so it's worth checking before order....
Richard
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

Thanks for the info.
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Chronomaster has more photos of watches with a SOLD sticker on the site than actual watches in stock !!
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Nicuruba
CW-watches: 1

Post by Nicuruba »

Wish I had been around for the STEINHART "LE MANS GT HERITAGE CHRONO.."
That thing is a dream
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Steinhart GMT's are available now from the Steinhart website :thumbup:
I just ordered the Pepsi one with extra ceramic black bezel, supposed to be for my bday in early October. 8)
Quite thrilled :D
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

Decided not to order from chronomaster and just hold out to order from Steinhart direct, now ordered.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

jvm32 wrote:Decided not to order from chronomaster and just hold out to order from Steinhart direct, now ordered.
Good job, let me know how long it takes for delivery, and post pics when you get it.
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

blowfish89 wrote:
jvm32 wrote:Decided not to order from chronomaster and just hold out to order from Steinhart direct, now ordered.
Good job, let me know how long it takes for delivery, and post pics when you get it.
Will do, got the email this morning confirming receipt of payment, so assuming the watch is currently in stock and the order isn't based on the watch still being produced, then the email said it should be here within 8-12 working days.