Amber Hill

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Amber Hill

Post by Tyke »

rcherryuk wrote:PS, as a brand ambassador, I don't imagine that George Clooney has a very big Nespresso bill :D
Agreed, I doubt he even drinks it.
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Tyke wrote:
rcherryuk wrote:PS, as a brand ambassador, I don't imagine that George Clooney has a very big Nespresso bill :D
Don't tell Ferg that :shock:
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

Lavaine wrote:The George Clooney cemment wasn't 'private'. They take a shot at Clooney on the website as well.
Sorry Alisdair, but I'm still with Tyke on this. Lose the celebrity bashing, and present the CW Challenger program on the website as it was presented here to us (minus Clooney), and life is good. I have no issue with the Challenger program, and think it's good marketing spend, but the webpage needs to be improved to speak to the current CW Challenger program, rather than bash the big boys and George Clooney, which does nothing to promote the brand or the Challenger program, and just sounds like sour grapes.
I have no problem with losing the celeb bashing - agree that negativity is never as strong as being positive about ones own company...

The point I was making was simply that CWL were not inaccurate in highlighting the vast difference between Brad Pitt and Amber Hill (sorry Amber!) and that by supporting folks like Amber there was no hypocrisy in their statement...

the CWL response confirms that.

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Wow. I had to read this entire thread and take a little time to soak it in before responding. Reason being that the whole 'No Celebrity endorsements' was a huge draw for me. . . not just because it keeps the price point down, but also because i believe that if you believe in your product, then you will not need endorsements; the PRODUCT is the endorsement itself.

I am 100% ok with the Challenger idea. Absolutely love it. However, and I hesitate to give constructive criticism so early on here, but I think this is very close to my heart and how I live my life in general--I cannot just not say something: While I have read most of the Clooney/Pitt comments as more tongue in cheek than actual bashing, I do agree that too much of it appears to be in contradiction to the charming personality of the brand . . . I love that CW believes in fair access to artworks like this; I love that he makes a stand against dishonest marketing and reliance on celebrities as credibility enhancers vs the product as the credibility enhancer; I also like that I've seen that CW has a gritty side as well (in some of the interviews where he is asked about crazy prices of other brands and the use of celebrities to inflate prices) where he seems to get genuinely upset at the manipulative marketing techniques of others . . . they are beautiful artworks in and of themselves, but not worth $50,000 in my opinion (unless you're willing to pay that cost--I'm not).

Now the hard part for me to say . . . I don't like too much of the negative focus on celebrities. A bit too much looks like "sour grapes." I don't think CW or the CWL brand actually has sour grapes, but the appearance has crossed my mind before I read this thread. I believe that that the free market will decide in the end. If people are willing to pay for Rolex or Omega because they pay celebs, then so be it. I do not believe that is how it will shake out though. I believe that CWL is going to be fine without paying major celebs; and I think the companies that do pay endorsements are free to do so, and they are free to set their prices at a point that people are willing to pay--I don't see them going out of business either. Just different ways of doing business. I feel like CW has set a new standard for a new consumer that prefers quality that is accessible for more people, rather than for just the elite few. To me, this speaks to his integrity (which is why the negative comments about celebs is starting to confuse me--let me be clear, I do NOT think that CW or CWL has crossed a line with the comments, I just think it is approaching the line.

Finally, I absolutely love the idea of reaching out to young people who do not have the bankroll that others may have. . . giving them the chance that they may not otherwise have. I further love that he was clear that if they become "famous," they would not be able to continue the work with them. He is volunteering as a springboard, not an elevator to the top.

Warmly
Jon
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

gatehealing wrote:I absolutely love the idea of reaching out to young people who do not have the bankroll that others may have. . .
I could not agree more, my daughter is one of those young people who has the support of CWL.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Now in WatchPro

Christopher Ward backs Olympic hopeful Hill
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:
Tyke wrote:
Don't tell Ferg that :shock:
You just killed the dream............ :shock: :(

:lol:
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Didn't see no c61 on her wrist yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whizzer
Junior
Junior

Post by whizzer »

Amber is going to the Rio Olympics - Good luck to her
Allysmith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Allysmith »

akirk wrote:
Helix Von Smelix wrote:A minor improvement on the yacht sail, would be if it said under the CWL logo

WATCHES

In bloomin' big letters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhh yes - how to market your brand before it is known what it is :D
I don't think that Rolex have that issue!
Alasdair
Personally I think support of any young sports person should be applauded and doing market placement through association is not only applaud able but bloody good sense

Oh yea and ALASDAIR ... so good to see the highland spelling and not that lowland weegie nonsense :wave: :thumbup: 8) :D :thumbup:
Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland
Allysmith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Allysmith »

[quote="MiniMpi"][quote="Helix Von Smelix"][quote="Tyke"][quote="rcherryuk"]PS, as a brand ambassador, I don't imagine that George Clooney has a very big Nespresso bill :D

My dear Magnetic Particle Inspection ....Would one not find a big Nespresso bill only on a big Nespresso duck?? :shock:
Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland