C900 World Timer

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Berkshire

Re: C900 World Timer

Post by Berkshire »

Monaco73 wrote:The C900 WT is gorgeous. It's the first watch I've seen for a while (aside from the dream Pateks and George Daniels I'll still be salivating over in 40yrs time) that has made me keep staring at the pictures.

At this moment I'm looking at my C900 mono pusher and thinking it needs a companion. Only a significant lack of funds prevents me pre-ordering one.
I think the £100 per month under the mattress might be my only chance at this rate.

Barry
I share your thoughts. Seems impeccable taste is found in Berkshire. Can someone remind me in which county CWL is based?

Richard
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Berkshire Critic wrote:
Monaco73 wrote:The C900 WT is gorgeous. It's the first watch I've seen for a while (aside from the dream Pateks and George Daniels I'll still be salivating over in 40yrs time) that has made me keep staring at the pictures.

At this moment I'm looking at my C900 mono pusher and thinking it needs a companion. Only a significant lack of funds prevents me pre-ordering one.
I think the £100 per month under the mattress might be my only chance at this rate.

Barry
I share your thoughts. Seems impeccable taste is found in Berkshire. Can someone remind me in which county CWL is based?

Richard
London!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Monaco73
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Monaco73 »

Ha ha. :-)

In all seriousness, this watch has caused me a bit of a problem as I was previously set on a Tudor BB before the end of the year as a reward, and now I just 'had' to add this World Timer to an already short list.

Only the minor challenge of my Wife wanting to move house in the new year stands in the way of watch utopia. I think I need some magic beans or a miracle.

Barry
bashomatsuo
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by bashomatsuo »

Monaco73 wrote: Only the minor challenge of my Wife wanting to move house in the new year stands in the way of watch utopia. I think I need some magic beans or a miracle.
Barry
I'm in the same boat. Buying a new house and doubling my monthly payments. My wife is forcing me to sell everything that winds up and ticks!

Basho
Originally joined as basho on Fri Dec 15, 2006!
Watches: G-Shock GWG Mudmaster, Citizen ProDiver, Omega Moonwatch
Reviews: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch - Christopher Ward Trident Pro 600 - Watches, Homages and Branding
bashomatsuo
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by bashomatsuo »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:
bashomatsuo wrote:I like it and would actually use it as I travel a lot. But, the pice is way outside my spend limits with the wife, if only he did instalments :)
For those brave enough have a look at Bashomatsuo watch reviews. Have a look at the C6 FLE Kingfisher video :shock: :shock:
Haha! Yes, I did stress test that watch with 134m drop. :shock:
Originally joined as basho on Fri Dec 15, 2006!
Watches: G-Shock GWG Mudmaster, Citizen ProDiver, Omega Moonwatch
Reviews: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch - Christopher Ward Trident Pro 600 - Watches, Homages and Branding
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

bashomatsuo wrote:
Monaco73 wrote: Only the minor challenge of my Wife wanting to move house in the new year stands in the way of watch utopia. I think I need some magic beans or a miracle.
Barry
I'm in the same boat. Buying a new house and doubling my monthly payments. My wife is forcing me to sell everything that winds up and ticks!

Basho
Do you have any kids or pets you could sell first. Haha
I just got to spend the exact c900 wt cost on transmission parts for our family Jeep
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
AtomicPanda21

Post by AtomicPanda21 »

While I don't fly much at all (maybe only between 2 different timezones), I still find this watch amazing. I wonder how Johannes Janke did to the movement to allow the red dot to move cities to show the "home" time.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

As far as we are aware the "dot" is a decorative feature , not actually linked to the time-keeping mechanism of the watch
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

AtomicPanda21 wrote:While I don't fly much at all (maybe only between 2 different timezones), I still find this watch amazing. I wonder how Johannes Janke did to the movement to allow the red dot to move cities to show the "home" time.
The. Dot is on the same wheel under the dial that shows the Location abbreviation at the top.
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by bspj »

Had my heart set on one of the last blue Speedmaster day -dates ( henceforth only in black or silver ) until I saw this. I can't justify it because I have a Harrison GMT but I really fancy it......but wonder whether I want it as a 'boy toy' or as a serious watch. Hmmmmm. There's a trend here of guys who want to OWN rather that USE this watch.....like me!
Really torn for my Christmas 2013 pressie to me!
Steve :problem:
Steve
Macca

Post by Macca »

rcherryuk wrote:
AtomicPanda21 wrote:While I don't fly much at all (maybe only between 2 different timezones), I still find this watch amazing. I wonder how Johannes Janke did to the movement to allow the red dot to move cities to show the "home" time.
The. Dot is on the same wheel under the dial that shows the Location abbreviation at the top.
Aye it's all dots on a disc as it changes with each city location, smarter than a brain pie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
dtrain
Junior
Junior

Post by dtrain »

A dated post, but thank you none the less. Always wanted to see more on this piece.
Cheers.
killersp
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by killersp »

I feel the rise, but it is a beautiful watch.
I hope someday to have one. I also hope that day does not take long.
Rev
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 18

Post by Rev »

Awesome!!
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Takes a bit of time to get used to reading the time in 24hr format but an absolutely gorgeous watch :thumbup:
ImageC9_Worldtimer by StrapMeister, on Flickr