Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

what led you to Christopher Ward?

Post by Lewis »

Hi all,
My post about the watch snob got me thinking. Even though the snob is well, a self centered snob, the up side is a lot of people read him and maybe they will find cwl via his post.

That said I thought it would be great to hear how everyone found Christopher Ward.

Personally I was really interested in the Meistersinger Perigraph. On their site they mentioned the design award that the perigraph had won and that the c9 Harrison was a strong contender. From there I looked up the cwl c9. As they say the rest is history, I received my first cwl c60 for Valentines day.
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
DCB2
Senior
Senior

Re: what lead you to Christopher Ward?

Post by DCB2 »

I found Christopher Ward through the website dappered.com. I've been looking for a high quality non Rolex, non Omega, non Tag automatic dive watch, and I think the C60 is perfect. Traditional roots with a slightly modern twist.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Was looking at alternatives to the Omega Seamaster Bond watch and ran across a comparison of the C60 to the Steinhart Ocean One series.......I have the C60 and the Steinhart OVM....bit no Seamaster :)
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

when i was looking for my first proper watch, i came across the C8 vintage review on worn and wound.
the "g" is for Greg...
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

I was in a meeting with a Royal Navy officer who was wearing one - I forget which now, may have been a C60 - and was impressed enough after playing with it to go and buy a brace of C5s :-)

Edit:- It was a C20.
--
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Looking for a lady's watch for a birthday present back in 2008.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
agong
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by agong »

Got to know cwl when I lost my watch (before I was a 'watch guy') and in search of a new one. I suppose that I should start exploring into quality swiss made timepiece.

Cwl is partly to blame for the watch diesease I caught! :D
Current: Casio Edifice, Hamilton Khaki Divers, CW C5 Malvern Auto, Daniel Roth Metropolitan Cities, JLC Master Control,
In loving memory: Alpina Avalanche Extreme Regulator, Zenith Port Royal Elite, ARNOLD & SON HMS, Gerald Genta Retro Sports
Stanley
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Stanley »

Hi.
It all started via the internet, just scrolling through various sites, I came across the Christopher Ward brand, never having purchased a watch on line and looking at how competitive the prices were I was slightly doubtful of the quality and reliability, still unsure I rang the company (just to see if they really existed) and spoke to Wera who completely put me at ease regarding making a purchase.I now own four Christopher Ward watches, all have given excellent service,there is always someone at the end of the phone to discuss any information or details on the watches you are considering purchasing. Wera and Tom have always been a great assistance to solving any enquires.

A great brand with excellent products and superb staff.

Enjoy.
Stanley
Stan the Man
Breitling Navitimer
Glycine Strataforte
Longines Conquest
C.W. C60 Trident Pro Blue SBS
C.W. C60 Trident Pro Orange SKOO
C.W. C7 Rapide BRG Ltd
C.W. C8 Pilot Mk 1
C.W. C8 Pilot Mk 2
C.W. C4 Peregrine
Citizen Eco Drive
Pulsar
Accurist Skymaster
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

I noticed a bloke at work was wearing a Britling but said nothing as I didn't know him that well and I am not a big fan of Britlings. The next day he had a different watch, the the third day different again - I had to ask. The last two had been CW - which he enthused about more than the Britling, I just had to have a look........
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

About a year ago, I decided I should get myself a half-decent watch to replace my ageing Tissot quartz V8 Chrono. I didn't want to spend thousands, so starting googling around for high quality, good value watches....and Christopher Ward kept appearing in all my searches. So I took a look and found the forum and that was all I needed to see! :)

This is a great thread, but can someone fix the spelling mistake in the thread title as it's driving me nuts! :shock:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I'd thought for some time, a few years ago, that I ought to get a 'proper' watch, as opposed to a series of routine Seiko Quartz, and fancied a TAG Heuer but didn't really have the budget for one.

Following the bereavement of my parents in 2011, both of whom had Omegas (just one each, my Father's a Constellation) I decided to take the proceeds of my Mother's car to buy a watch with and created a 'watch fund'.

Looking at TAG Heuer's, I liked the Monaco for its square case, but was only able to afford a pre-owned one. However in a way something at the back of my mind niggled me to spend 'all that money' on one watch.

Then, reading EVO's monthly watch page about this time last year, they had a write up on the C11 HRDC. I liked the style, appreciated the value for money, did some research and shortly after had bought a C9 Chrono for best and in memoriam, plus a C11 Black Manta for daily wear.

A year later I have a further three CWL watches and two more Seikos (all within the budget of my watch fund) and now have the bug. I've also learned that its not such a crime to have an expensive watch such as a TAG Heuer or Omega and may well one day get one of these as well.
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
moriarty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by moriarty »

I stumbled across this forum, whilst looking into skeleton watches.

Then decided to have a look at the CW site.

Then bought my first CW in November 2012 and have bought one or two more since then :D
Moriarty

C9 JH Mk 2 C70 MC C600 C60 GMT C5 Mk 1 x 3 N22 CCC
Breitling SOHC LE / Navitimer '52 Omega '52 JLC Ebel Beluga Manchette Bulova Accutron Hamilton Ventura 80's Gucci Citizen Eco AT's 'Bambinos' 'Blue Mako' Seiko LE Kemmner Skeleton...
richtea
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by richtea »

Perhaps my lead up to C Ward may seem a little outdated as it wasnt really anything to do with web sites or friends recommends
I began collecting mechanical and some vintage watches many many years back and then in a move with the changeing industry sold or gave most of my early ones away (not too expensive models thankfully)

Around 5-6 years or so i again began picking up one or two old Russian and Swiss hand winds etc and then one day out of the blue though either a magazine or post delivery a small quite understated catalogue landed with what seemed like half decent looking watches in the pages
Over the next 2-3 years i saw a few of these catalogues appear and always liked the models depicted but couldnt understand the branding and was a little sceptical
It wasnt until over 2 years back from now i actually reserached the online offerings from C Ward
I currently own 6 C Wards 5 of my own and 1 for my Wife
Interestingly they are now amongst my favourite watches and it took me some considerable time and thought to actually sell a C6 Kingfisher recently
The thing i find with Chris Ward watches is they form a bond with you as an owner Thus making it difficult to part with one even if its too large or not completely in line with your normal choices

Regards
RichT
6 x C Ward
Assorted Swiss and
Japanese Quartz/Autos etc ...

Open the pod doors Hal !! :lol:
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

Saw an advert in a colour supplement in the Daily Mail, several years ago. now I have "several" of Mr Ward's watches and he has a few thousand of my pounds! :problem:
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

I was looking for a carbon faced watch and that lead me to the newly launched C700 grand Rapide.
Suffice to say I didn't end up buying that but a few others instead!