A place to discuss other watch-brands
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by albionphoto »

richtel wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:09 pm
albionphoto wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am [I'm still waiting for Omega to get the bits to repair the clasp on the bracelet (for the second time).
That's worrying Mark... what was the issue with the clasp if you don't mind me asking?
Problems with the clasp. One of the springs which are part of the clasp release mechanism broke in early March. I went to the boutique and they replaced both springs so the clasp would release properly. Two days later... one of the springs broke. Then covid happened and the boutique/everything closed. When they partially reopened they ordered more springs for me. This was three weeks ago. Still no springs via Omega. I am not the only person this happened to. At least my bracelet came off. I heard of one poor chap where both springs broke and they had to dis-assemble the bracelet and clasp whilst it was on his wrist. I will say that my other Seamasters haven't had this problem.
Omega changed the design of the clasp when they moved from no quick release to the 2018 quick release version. The springs which operate the clasp buttons used to be retained in place by "hooky things" inside the clasp. Now they fit into depressions within the clasp. In at least two cases they also seem to slip/break causing the clasp release buttons to become flush with clasp and causing difficulties getting the clasp open.
The repair is actually pretty quick but getting the parts isn't. In the US getting spares for current generation Seamasters does seem to be very slow. I suspect disruptions to supply chain due to covid are to blame. However, I'm not going to send my Speedy for service until I know that the supply chain has woken up properly.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

^^ Thanks Mark. I can see how that would be a frustrating experience. Once is unfortunate but twice is just plan annoying. Glad the rubber strap is a good alternative.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

My experience with Omega spare parts hasn't been great. When I ordered a blue rubber strap for my blue grey Seamaster it took six to eight weeks to arrive. That was in 2018 when they had just been released which is a slightly mitigating circumstance but only slightly. Omega seem to be very good at making watches to sell but their spare parts operation isn't great. No wonder it takes a long time to get a watch serviced. I will say that Omega aren't the only mass-market luxury brand who have this problem.
The masstige (mass/prestige) brands such as Omega and Rolex make a lot of money from their servicing, spare parts and accessories businesses but they get less criticism for the tardiness of these operations than a brand like CW, which does seem unfair.
Mark
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Tried this on for a couple of minutes today before handing over to my mate.

Ryan
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

albionphoto wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 pm
richtel wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:09 pm
albionphoto wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am [I'm still waiting for Omega to get the bits to repair the clasp on the bracelet (for the second time).
That's worrying Mark... what was the issue with the clasp if you don't mind me asking?
Problems with the clasp. One of the springs which are part of the clasp release mechanism broke in early March. I went to the boutique and they replaced both springs so the clasp would release properly. Two days later... one of the springs broke. Then covid happened and the boutique/everything closed. When they partially reopened they ordered more springs for me. This was three weeks ago. Still no springs via Omega. I am not the only person this happened to. At least my bracelet came off. I heard of one poor chap where both springs broke and they had to dis-assemble the bracelet and clasp whilst it was on his wrist. I will say that my other Seamasters haven't had this problem.
Omega changed the design of the clasp when they moved from no quick release to the 2018 quick release version. The springs which operate the clasp buttons used to be retained in place by "hooky things" inside the clasp. Now they fit into depressions within the clasp. In at least two cases they also seem to slip/break causing the clasp release buttons to become flush with clasp and causing difficulties getting the clasp open.
The repair is actually pretty quick but getting the parts isn't. In the US getting spares for current generation Seamasters does seem to be very slow. I suspect disruptions to supply chain due to covid are to blame. However, I'm not going to send my Speedy for service until I know that the supply chain has woken up properly.
Interesting to read about the issues with your SMP bracelet, I'm glad I went for the rubber!! Seriously though the bracelet was comfortable and the micro adjust is very handy. Hopefully they have sorted it permanently for you now albeit you've swapped it onto the rubber strap.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

Had to be this.

Bjørn
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Working from home again- the new normal.
IMG_3530.jpg
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Richard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

fullsizeoutput_1348.jpeg
scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
b00ndocksaint
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by b00ndocksaint »

20200701_101552.jpg
Modified KGB Vostok on Bond NATO
Rolex Sub 116610LN / Tudor BB58 / Omega Seamaster 300M Pro 2531.80.00 / Breitling Avenger II Blackbird / Vintage 50s Omega / Bremont S501 / C60 Bronze / C60 Abyss / C65 / Dreyfuss Co 1974 / Vostok Amphibias / Skagen 234XXLT / Zelos Mako Bronze
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Starting off the month w/ an Omega..
Omega DeVille PR greydial(1).JPG
For later this afternoon/evening..
Oris Divers 65 BB Momotaro(2).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

The Constellation A/C performed its magic trick today. Who would have thought that not having to change the date would be so magical.
Attachments
Omega constellation.jpg
Mark
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

MAT Watches Groupama TEAM FRANCE Regate Timer LE

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England