Rkovars is such an enabler!!!..

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Rkovars is such an enabler!!!..

Post by Thunder1 »

This Ocean 1 Blue Ceramic just showed up on my door step this afternoon. After seeing it on Rkovars wrist a few weeks ago, I decided that I had to have one. Well, the bezel turns easily, w/ little or no back play. And the clasp, while not great, is not the typically 'sticky' Steinhart clasp. So, 2 of the most common faults to find for Steinharts aren't present on this 'Premium' model. If you have a wrist that can comfortably manage the 42mm size Steinhart cases, I can give this baby a '2 spears up' endorsement...here's a couple of pics..
Steinhart Ocean One Blue Ceramic(1).JPG
Steinhart Ocean One Blue Ceramic(2).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
DanV
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Rkovars is such an enabler!!!..

Post by DanV »

That looks fantastic, if they bring it out in a 39 I’d struggle to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 Trident GMT, Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Tag Heuer Aqauracer Calibre 500, Orient Blue Ray
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

DanV wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:45 am That looks fantastic, if they bring it out in a 39 I’d struggle to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand completely..the relatively flat case design of the 42mm versions make for an uncomfortable fit for many..it's a shame, really..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
DanV
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by DanV »

Yeah i’m surprised they haven’t addressed it given how many sales they miss out on over the years, for just that reason. I’m hoping the 39 is ok on mine when it arrives, as my weists are very small, 6”, but quite flat which should help.
CW C60 Trident GMT, Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Tag Heuer Aqauracer Calibre 500, Orient Blue Ray
Neil b
Senior
Senior

Post by Neil b »

A lovely watch at sensible prices and 42 is no issue for me pity it’s not a 44 available 👍🍾
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Congrats (again :lol: ) on the new pickup Chuck.
Best regards,
John
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Congrats Thunder1! I figured you would eventually talk yourself into it! :D I like how the bezel plays with the light. Sometimes it looks grey, other times a dark blue and sometimes a rich royal blue.

The lug-to-lug is 49mm on the 42 mm case (47mm on the 39mm case). A 39 would be more manageable for most. They don't curve much either so it makes it look and wear bigger than it is. They originally said they only made 50 of the premium blue and it has been available for some time. Either the 50 was not true or it is a slower seller than other models. I am guessing that if it had been more popular they would have offered the smaller size. Who knows?

Must have been serendipity at play today! Picked the Premium Blue for the office today! (for reference my wrist is 7.5")
20210225_151434049_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Serendipity?..this is the 2nd time in 2 days that someone's used that word in response to something that I've said or posted!!..hmmm??
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Serendipitous certainly.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris