Steinhart, good or bad experiences

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Htownsend

Steinhart, good or bad experiences

Post by Htownsend »

Well Christmas has gone better than I thought and I have a bit of cash to spend on a new acquisition. Been looking into Steinhart and seem to me to have the same philosophy as CW, good quality parts and workmanship but cut out middle man for better price. Has anyone got any of their watches and are they up to the quality of CW. Experiences good or bad welcome.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Re: Steinhart, good or bad experiences

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I've owned two Steinharts over the year.

Decent enough watches and you get what you pay for. About two thirds the price of a comparable CW and the CW is worth it for the better finish and quality.

I had an issue with both of mine with the engraved/etched caseback having sharp edges that rubbed uncomfortably on the top of my wrist.

Caveat; this was about five years ago, may have improved/changed since and won't affect every watch as it is design dependent.

Good luck.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 AD
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLEx2
C60 Bronze-316L| C60 Apex-Elite P'type-AbyssSH21| C65 GMT| C1000
ROBBIE70

Post by ROBBIE70 »

I'd thoroughly recommend Steinhart. Some will dislike them being Rolex homages but the fit and finish for them are amazing. No sales generally; what you see is what you'll get and satisfaction almost certainly guaranteed. Good quality Swiss movements used.

A friend has a Trident and an Ocean One and says the latter is better value in his eyes as it keeps better time, uses the same movement, is finished almost as well as the Trident and, overall reviews indicate they are more tougher/reliable.

Great customer service too.
sjbroadhead
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by sjbroadhead »

Bought an OVM a few years ago (and sold on here). Decent watch and can’t remember any issues with service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Thunder1 »

I'm very pleased w/ mine..I own 6 of them & intend to buy their 39mm Vintage GMT later next month when it becomes available(a limited production run, I think) at Olko watches...sometimes the bezels can be a little sticky..my last 2 haven't been, though..strongly suggest buying the 'jubilee' bracelet for the divers, if that's your intent..while the 39mm cases(which I own) fit very well, some folks complain that the 42mm SS divers don't fit their wrists well due to the lugs being fairly straight...mine all keep excellent time & I can recommend both Gnomon & Olko as distributers..here's a few pics of mine..
Steiny(2).JPG
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E.(193of200)(1).JPG
Steinhart Explorer Plexi LE(34-300)(2).JPG
Steinhart Ocean 39 Green Ceramic(1).JPG
And what I'm currently wearing for some yard work around the casa this morning..
Steinhart OVM39 2824-2(1).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
C60 GMT 600/C65 SH21 LE/C65 Trident Khaki & Black dials/C65 Black & Blue Dial Autos/C65 Bronze Ombre LE
robbo1982

Post by robbo1982 »

They look really good especially the plexi !

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

robbo1982 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:06 pm
They look really good especially the plexi !

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
Well, thank you, sir..and congrats on having very good eyes & memory!! :D
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
C60 GMT 600/C65 SH21 LE/C65 Trident Khaki & Black dials/C65 Black & Blue Dial Autos/C65 Bronze Ombre LE
kiter65
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by kiter65 »

Had this a few years ago, purchased from Steinhart, good service, decent watch for the money, not keen on their Rolex look alike’s

jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

I recently bought a Vintage GMT from a member here as I had long lamented selling one some years ago. It is a better quality piece than my Mk1 Trident but that isn’t really comparing apples with apples as CWL have upped their game since the Mk1. I like the flatter fit of the Steinhart GMT as the head sits on my wrist better than the Trident, even though both are 42mm and similar heights.
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by josbrownlie »

Very happy with my pepsi and titanium 500. Both lovely pieces and am considering purchasing more
Motorsport / motor racing track / circuit wall art - http://www.apextraxs.com
Neil b
Senior
Senior

Post by Neil b »

Great for the money bought a fliger from them directly great service and price for what you get can’t recommend them enough
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

I have a Steinhart pilots nav b chrono 2 in dlc. I love it. Top quality, solid construction, excellent strap and comfortable to wear. Gunter even threw in a free black pilots strap for me when I brought it. Thumbs up from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bident
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bident »

I have an Ocean 39 GMT 500. It’s been an excellent watch and I have had really great customer service from Steinhart as well.
Best regards,
John
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Viognier »

I've owned three (OVM, Ocean 1 Red and Nav B Chrono II) .....great watches!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Dickchins
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

I went a bit giddy and picked up the apollon a few months ago. Massive beastie but wears surprisingly nice (7 1/2" wrist).
Fit and finish is superb. Delivery was fast and I would defo have another.

I think cw edge steinhart on both quality and range, but thats purely personal. Steinhart are superb.