Ball Roadmaster Icebreaker

A place to discuss other watch-brands
David1989

Ball Roadmaster Icebreaker

Post by David1989 »

Evening All,
So I’m long time reader of these forums but never a contributor, but here I am with my first post and ironically it’s not about a Christopher Ward, even though I do own two (C60 GMT and Jumping Hour). My post today is about my latest addition to the collection, the Ball Roadmaster Icebreaker, fantastic watch, in my opinion! The 904L steel really does glisten. It’s my first Ball and I can only echo previous threads about Ball being underrated. But anyhow, I’ve opted for the Power Reserve model, my first ‘Power Reserve’, what I’m concerned/unsure about is that whilst the watch has a 42 hour movement (according to the specs), despite fully winding the watch I can’t seem to get it past 35 hours. Is this normal? Does it ‘run in’? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
F1341BCA-1769-4B6F-913A-895E74171F7D.jpeg
0B570B94-252C-41E3-8E9F-CC2A241D2BAE.jpeg
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Ball Roadmaster Icebreaker

Post by albionphoto »

If you have to make a first post, this is a good one. Lovely watch.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

Really nice looking watch! I would check with Ball through their website of try the Ball Forum on Watchuseek to see if you can get an answer.

Enjoy!
Budman
David1989

Post by David1989 »

Thanks all, it does seem to have great wrist presence, which I’m pleased about. Also seems to be keeping good time. I did post a message on the Watchuseek forum (my first there too!), albeit the Ball forum doesn’t seem to be too active. Unlike the C Ward forum which is thriving, that’s my perception anyhow! The good news (I think) is that the issue seems to have resolved it self, hand winding it would go no higher than 35, but a couple of hours on the wrist last night and it crept close to 40 on the power reserve. So I’m assuming that’s normal and you can only hand wind so far.
Dave
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Dave, I've just hand-cranked mine from well into the red to bang on 50. I'd take the scale with a large pinch of salt- it's unlikely to be much other than an indication of power.
IMG_2616.JPG
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

That is a fabulous looking watch :thumbup:
I love the power reserve indicator, and feel that yours is operating fine from what has been said.
I bought my first Ball watch not long ago, and I agree that they are of sufficient high quality to be worthy of wider recognition.
:thumbup:
Regards
Craig