Yema Flygraf Pilot

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Yema Flygraf Pilot

Post by Maraeburn »

Hi all, I've been really interested in the Yema brand for a while, with a ton of history, and I don't have a French watch yet, I had been working out what to get, the obvious choice is the Superman however that's just a little to similar to my 1974 Sub so not much point in that. Got a notification about a new watch; Flygraf pilot watch, currently don't have any pilot watches in my collection (just chronos, divers ands GMT's), so pre-ordered, I think I might have one of the first in the UK.

Specs are 39mm, lug to lug 48mm, dreaded 19mm lug width (although luckily I have two watches with that spec so not too much of a hardship for me). Has a gentra-esque design on the brushed bezel and polished side bezel which is pretty different to most pilots. A lovely (although hard to photograph) brushed vertically grey/steel dial, boasts Yema's in house movement, and 300m WR - all for under £600. I think I really like it, even though it's not my usual style of watch. I've swapped out the cordura strap and replaced with a vintage grey leather, although a nice brown strap would probably work well here too. Be interested in your thoughts.

Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: Yema Flygraf Pilot

Post by Galton321 »

Congratulations. I like the watch a lot. I too have been looking at Yema watches. I have a Superman also with the in-house movement. It was this movement which attracted me in the first place. A bit different from the usual ETA/Selita movements. How it will perform in the long term remains to be seen and spares might be a problem if the need arises. But it keeps very good time. Yema seem to be mining their heritage which puts them bang on fashion at the moment. I'm also attracted to the Spaceraf. I also like the new Superman Heritage 63 although the numerals are a bit marmite but I like them. Pity the date can't use the same font. Once again I like your watch and long may you enjoy it.
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Congratulations :) I too like the look of this watch.

how heavy is it?
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Maraeburn »

gannet wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:22 pm Congratulations :) I too like the look of this watch.

how heavy is it?
Feel's fairly light on the wrist - similar to my speedy.
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

How heavy is a speedy :D

My trident is my heaviest which I'm finding heavy...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

That's a long tip to lug-tip for a 39mm watch. It does look good though.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Maraeburn »

It’s lighter than my 40mm c60, tbh the only time I really noticed how heavy a watch was, was when I owned a 45mm planet ocean on the bracelet!
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Maraeburn »

Galton321 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm Congratulations. I like the watch a lot. I too have been looking at Yema watches. I have a Superman also with the in-house movement. It was this movement which attracted me in the first place. A bit different from the usual ETA/Selita movements. How it will perform in the long term remains to be seen and spares might be a problem if the need arises. But it keeps very good time. Yema seem to be mining their heritage which puts them bang on fashion at the moment. I'm also attracted to the Spaceraf. I also like the new Superman Heritage 63 although the numerals are a bit marmite but I like them. Pity the date can't use the same font. Once again I like your watch and long may you enjoy it.
I was looking at the spacegraff to actually, but it is yet another chrono, albeit a different to the norm chrono. Still not sure it’s a keeper yet, but it’s a nice change!
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

That’s a lovely design. Brushed steel bezel, brushed dial, perfect splash of red. Yum.
And then you have 300m WR and an in-house movement. I don’t see anything not to like about it. Enjoy wearing it, it’s great :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00